Question about Spirit rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dante90 View Post

sorry guys, i can t understand this one..
    so, to be in twilight form they have to be manifested.. according to the combat paragraph, in twilight, a spirit can only be attacked by other spirits or their banes... but after, in the same combat chapter, is written that normal attacks that cause lethal damage, just deal bashing damage
    so, if a spirit is not in hisil, means that is manifested in the real world; now, to damage him, you need a bane or outrank him. Plus, wich of 2 paragraphes is right?? the first or second??
    because if the first is right, means you cannot attack the spirit at all without the right bane (or rank)
    if the second is right.. what the hell the first sentence means?? because in this case you only need bane to inflict lethal damage(or rank)
    As far as I understand it, it works like this:
    World State of spirit Damage from bane Physical damage
    Gurihal Twilight Lethal None
    Gurihal Materialized Aggravated Bashing
    Hisil - Aggravated Bashing
    Some rituals, like the sacred hunt performed by Shadow Bones, allow the werewolfs to attack a spirit in twilight as if it is materialized.

Originally posted by Dante90 View Post
    and another stuff: in twilight ( so, when they are manifested), if they are not using manifestation= image, they are invisible to anybody
    but, according to page 95 (spirit sense), a werewolf can sense a spirit in twilight.. this means that the werewolf can see him?? touch him?? hear him?? or just detect his presence like a sixth sense??
    thank you

I think in some places it should say materialized instead of manifested. When they are in twilight they are invisible and untouchable by anything that’s not a spirit, but the spirit senses of the werewolf allow them to sense it. I understand it as the werewolf being able to see and hear it but not touch it.
    Last edited by Sir Phobos; 02-21-2017, 09:57 AM.

Comment

It's a terminology problem. Twilight Form is called a Manifestation, but almost everytime a book says Manifestations or Manifested it excludes Twilight Form. It's especially ridiculous in Mage where there is a type of ephemeral entity that does not have any Manifestations but can still be summoned to the Material/Gurihal.

Bloodline: The Stygians
      Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
        It's a terminology problem. Twilight Form is called a Manifestation, but almost everytime a book says Manifestations or Manifested it excludes Twilight Form. It's especially ridiculous in Mage where there is a type of ephemeral entity that does not have any Manifestations but can still be summoned to the Material/Gurihal.
        It is mentioned that Twilight Form is the only manifestation that Goetia have.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

"Spirits and ghosts begin with the Twilight Form Manifestation
          and a number of Manifestation Effects from the list below equal
          to Rank. [..]
          Goetia do not naturally possess Manifestations."
          Page 258 in Mage.
          Goetia do enter Twilight when summoned as stated elsewhere, but my point was that the gamelines suffer from broken terminology since Twilight Form is said to be a Manifestation, but is never treated as one by the rules.

Edit: So basically anytime the books mentions "Manifestation(s)" exclude Twilight Form, and when they mention "Manifested" it's usually Materialized and not any other Manifestation since most Manifestations still has the entity remain in Twilight Form.
          Last edited by Tessie; 02-21-2017, 10:04 AM.

Bloodline: The Stygians
          Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

thank you
            in the end, i understood theese rules well
            just a detail: the hisil is the shadow realm for werewolf?

Comment

Yes. The Hisil is the Shadow, it's the name in the First Tongue, the language of spirits.

Comment

Goetia can't normally get into twilight by themselves at all, so technically counting twilight form as a manifestation doesn't contradict the statement that they don't naturally have any.

It's a sort of default null-manifestation. Technically is one, but doesn't really count for most purposes.

Comment

Working...
                X