Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do Luna Eclipses Effect Werewolves ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do Luna Eclipses Effect Werewolves ?

I was just reading today that soon a Lunar Eclipse, Full Moon and Comet are all happening on the same day. I was wondering what kind of effect that might have on werewolves or what happens if someone has their first change when a lunar eclipse happens ?

I can't remember which book it was, but one of the 1e books examined weird auspices like that. There was eclipse, blood moon and one other kind I think, all tied to rarer lunar events and based off the other auspices.

Comment

The Pure would celebrate on account of the Bitch Moon being blinded, leaving the Forsaken extra wary.

Comment

What about the Blue Moon. ?

Comment

They're all detailed in Signs of the Moon. You've asked this before. You can find the alternative auspices in Signs of the Moon. There's Solar Eclipse, Lunar Eclipse, Blood Moon and Stellar Eclipse.

And a blue moon is just a full moon.

Comment

Don't lunar eclipses have to coincide with a full moon? The sun and moon kind of need to be on opposite sides of the earth for it to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
              Don't lunar eclipses have to coincide with a full moon? The sun and moon kind of need to be on opposite sides of the earth for it to happen.
              Signs of the Moon, p193, 'Lunar eclipses always occur during the Rahu moon. Rahu of this peculiarity embody tactical advantage as a particular Aspect of their birthright.'

Comment

I just meant IRL, but sure, book quotes are nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                  They're all detailed in Signs of the Moon. You've asked this before. You can find the alternative auspices in Signs of the Moon. There's Solar Eclipse, Lunar Eclipse, Blood Moon and Stellar Eclipse.
                  The latter two are pretty weird choices as far as celestial events go. Blood Moon is just another name for a total lunar eclipse, and stelar eclipse isn't a real thing.

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                  And a blue moon is just a full moon.
                  More specifically, it's the second full moon in a month, but that's a feature of the Gregorian calendar, not lunar orbits.

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                  I just meant IRL, but sure, book quotes are nice too.
                  Yup, lunar eclipses are always full moons and solar eclipses are always new moons.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                    stelar eclipse isn't a real thing.
                    Well, it is, but I think the writer can be forgiven for deciding against calling members of the auspice Grazing Lunar Occultations.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

I think they just wanted five of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X