Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[2E] Should not Sacred Hunt be inner ability?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aynie View Post
    Milo's posts do come off as judgemental, even with the :P, I was responding to Satchel's idea that the "giving it for free" automatically meant that it wasn't a rite, and the entire presumption surrounding it in the games that were run in that way.
    I didn't post in absolutes. One post by a poster on the other side of the argument from you coming off as judgemental isn't prove an equivalency here.

Satchel was posting in response to someone saying that they consider making the Sacred Hunt an innate ability (not just giving it away for free,but Iry's words are, "...making Sacred Hunt an innate ability of Werewolves...") which is significantly different than giving out more free rites at char-gen.

Treating "give it for free" and "is an innate ability" as the same thing is very much not engaging with the points people are trying to make.

I don't see it as a false equivalency but I was defending my choice on it since the last two pages were pretty heavy on the implication that the houserule was a detriment to the game itself, and to player choice.
    Making a case that a house rule is detrimental to player choice is not an accusation of playing the game wrong. Giving every character something that by default a werewolf doesn't know (such as as Rite) just because they're a werewolf is reducing player choice by definition: they can no longer choose to play a character that doesn't know how to do that thing.

If you give every character Occult 2, then none of them can make a character that doesn't make sense to have Occult 0 or 1.

This is a completely designed focused argument, even if it isn't compelling for the needs of your personal table.

Originally posted by Iry View Post
    On one side -- a group of people who are encouraging others to try 2 Ritual Dots AND Sacred Hunt (or providing anecdotal accounts of how it worked out well in their own games).
    On the other side -- a group of people who are encouraging others to stick with the status-quo (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the status-quo).
    This does not feel like an accurate summary of things, since the first side has not solely encouraged that one house rule, and has said much more than just encouraging more starting dots in Rites.

Comment

• If we are debating the minutia and very specific verbiage being used by one or two posters, we may have gotten away from the spirit of the thread.
      Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
      This does not feel like an accurate summary of things, since the first side has not solely encouraged that one house rule, and has said much more than just encouraging more starting dots in Rites.
      Fair enough. We are multiple different people saying similar but not actually identical things. Some differing positions were bound to happen.
      Last edited by Iry; 02-20-2017, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X