Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[2ed] death rage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [2ed] death rage

    hi all.. i have some problems with death rage's mechanics..
    i red the few posts through the forum but i can t find an answer, on top of that, some rules seem to be not clear..If you could help me, would be nice

    1)first of all, gauru form gives you the rage. I don t understand if you are compelled to be in this form for whole duration or you can interrup it at will ( and if you need a roll to do it).
    Or the right interpretation should be: if you wanna do anything else that is not attack the closer foe (so, even change form is considered "not attacking"), you have to roll

    2)When you are in soft rage, do you have to roll every turn untill you achieve an exceptionall succes, you roll successes till the "soft rage duration" according to the harmony, or fail?? or is it a single roll?? because in that case you have only few turns before reaching hard rage( considering you can achieve a couple of successes), and it s very lucky dependent ( hoping to roll 5 successes)

    3) the only differences between gauru's rage and hard rage is that in hard rage you can attack also your allies and the duration is accorded to primal urge table??

    thanks for answers!! Cheers

    edit: about the second answer, i had problem because reading the "chain rage" it says you can t do all successes in one roll but in multiple roll.. but in the chapter of hard rage there are no paragraph speaking about multiple rolls
    Last edited by Dante90; 02-16-2017, 04:15 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Dante90 View Post
    hi all.. i have some problems with death rage's mechanics..
    i red the few posts through the forum but i can t find an answer, on top of that, some rules seem to be not clear..If you could help me, would be nice

    1)first of all, gauru form gives you the rage. I don t understand if you are compelled to be in this form for whole duration or you can interrup it at will ( and if you need a roll to do it).
    Or the right interpretation should be: if you wanna do anything else that is not attack the closer foe (so, even change form is considered "not attacking"), you have to roll
    Not moving to attack, or throwing shit at people means you go into hard rage. If you shift out of gauru, which you can do provided you aren't in the grip of Kuruth, you lose access to the form for the scene (unless something triggers your wasu-im, and then it'll run for it's whole duration, beyond your control, unless mitigating circumstances, such as certain merits or facets come into play).

    Originally posted by Dante90 View Post
    2)When you are in soft rage, do you have to roll every turn until you achieve an exceptional success, you roll successes till the "soft rage duration" according to the harmony, or fail?? or is it a single roll?? because in that case you have only few turns before reaching hard rage( considering you can achieve a couple of successes), and it s very lucky dependent ( hoping to roll 5 successes)
    You only roll to maintain a semblance of control once.

    Originally posted by Dante90 View Post
    3) the only differences between Gauru's rage and hard rage is that in hard rage you can attack also your allies and the duration is accorded to primal urge table?
    And you incite your Uratha packmates to kuruth with your bloodlust as well.


    Originally posted by Dante90 View Post
    edit: about the second answer, i had problem because reading the "chain rage" it says you can t do all successes in one roll but in multiple roll.. but in the chapter of hard rage there are no paragraph speaking about multiple rolls
    Chain Rage is useful because it specifically allows you to keep trying to roll to score the needed 5 successes in successive turns.

    Comment


    • #3
      1) You can attempt to change out of Gauru, but doing so is a roll (because you're not attacking).

      2) You don't have to roll every turn, but you have to roll whenever you don't have a turn of lucidity. So if you roll and get 4 successes, you have 4 turns to act normally when you don't have to make any rolls. At the beginning of the 5th turn, if you don't want to attack, you have to make the roll again because you're Raging and you don't want to attack something. Chain Rage makes it so you don't have to get 5 successes on a single roll: you can get 5 total over the course of your Rage.

      3) That's correct.


      "Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
      Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
      He/him pronouns, please

      Comment


      • #4
        The Gauru's 'Rage' ability is not the same as Kuruth's Soft and Hard Rage. You're not in those unless you're triggered, have spent too much time in Gauru, or attempt to do something other than attack and fail your roll.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BigDamnHero View Post
          1) You can attempt to change out of Gauru, but doing so is a roll (because you're not attacking).
          I think this is mistaken. Shapeshifting is always reflexive when you can do it, with or without rolling.

          Originally posted by BigDamnHero View Post
          2) You don't have to roll every turn, but you have to roll whenever you don't have a turn of lucidity. So if you roll and get 4 successes, you have 4 turns to act normally when you don't have to make any rolls. At the beginning of the 5th turn, if you don't want to attack, you have to make the roll again because you're Raging and you don't want to attack something. Chain Rage makes it so you don't have to get 5 successes on a single roll: you can get 5 total over the course of your Rage.
          Nope, once those initial turns of lucidity end, you hit hard rage.



          Comment


          • #6
            so, 3 different answers
            1) so, you ,ust still roll composture to change form?? or you can end gauru willingly??
            2)again, you can roll once, after that, just hard rage?? kinda punishing

            Comment


            • #7
              I think whether you roll for changing would depend on your Harmony. At some levels of Harmony you can change reflexively, and it shouldn't warrant a roll. At others it can require Essence to even do, which might justify a roll.

              You can roll repeatedly for Soft Rage. 'Each success on the roll to resist offers him a turn of lucidity. If he rolls an exceptional success, he can end Wasu-Im.' There's also some rituals that offer advantages for this. 'He remains in Wasu-Im for a length of time determined by his Harmony (see p. 105). If he hasn’t pulled himself out of it, he enters Basu-Im.'

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nofather View Post
                I think whether you roll for changing would depend on your Harmony. At some levels of Harmony you can change reflexively, and it shouldn't warrant a roll. At others it can require Essence to even do, which might justify a roll.
                You never use an instant action to shapeshift. The roll to do so is a dice roll, but it's always a reflexive action.

                Originally posted by nofather View Post
                You can roll repeatedly for Soft Rage. 'Each success on the roll to resist offers him a turn of lucidity. If he rolls an exceptional success, he can end Wasu-Im.' There's also some rituals that offer advantages for this. 'He remains in Wasu-Im for a length of time determined by his Harmony (see p. 105). If he hasn’t pulled himself out of it, he enters Basu-Im.'
                Your quoting there never quite states you can roll again and again and again. It's not a matter of if Basu-Im is going to take you, but when.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Malus View Post
                  You never use an instant action to shapeshift. The roll to do so is a dice roll, but it's always a reflexive action.
                  There's no roll to shapeshift. P96, 'At Harmony 9-10, spend 1 Essence as an instant action to change form.' 'At Harmony 7-8, spend 1 Essence to shift as a reflexive action, or take an instant action to shift at no cost.' And it does the same at 2-3, and 1-0.

                  Your quoting there never quite states you can roll again and again and again. It's not a matter of if Basu-Im is going to take you, but when.
                  Basu-Im takes you when your time in Wasu-Im is up. The chart for how long it takes is on page 105. 10 and 0, 3 seconds. 9 and 1 Harmony, 10 seconds, 8 and 2, 30 seconds, 7 and 3, 1 minute, 6 and 4, 5 minutes, Harmony 5, 15 minutes.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    For roll I ment that you are not going to attack according to gauru s rage and you have to roll..
                    Last edited by Dante90; 02-17-2017, 07:52 AM.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X