No announcement yet.

Longest Character Creation process?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must admit I am pretty bummed I did not think of the idea to let the hunt for a totem be part of the game... You are all correct that it is a great idea. Very well, this is possibly not my last werewolf campaign, so I'll have more chances!

Comment

I can easily take more than a week to make a character, because everything has to be "just right".
      That said, doing the Totem, Supporting Wolfblooded, and Ladder after Game 1 also works well for my groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Aristarkos View Post
        I must admit I am pretty bummed I did not think of the idea to let the hunt for a totem be part of the game... You are all correct that it is a great idea. Very well, this is possibly not my last werewolf campaign, so I'll have more chances!
        Technically, the first hunt of many newly formed packs is the hunt that ends with the binding of their totem. They bring low the spirit with actions that may be violent and terrifying to outsiders, but the spirit world (and other Uratha) recognize the respect and ritual inherent in the Ashum-Dah — the empowering hunt — and few would confuse this act of forging a disparate group of werewolves into the unity of the pack with the equally (some would argue greater) defining moment of the pack’s Zakmur-Dah.

The Ashum-Dah - something I wrote when building ideas for The Pack; deleted pre-first drafts because word count.

Aims to write stuff you like.
        WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams
        CofD | Werewolf the Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide
        The Trinity Continuum | Æon

Comment

The first session of my current WtF game (and the first CoD game for the players) was an unholy amalgamation of the First Change and The Funeral frameworks. Worked pretty well, but I think you'd need a lot of player buy-in (and, in retrospect, some thought as to how to justify time-skips when necessary).

Freelance OPP. Dark Eras, Shattered Dreams, and counting!

Comment

Working...
          X