No announcement yet.

Aharnuz, The Mother (2E)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we let Arcana be the sole factor, then yes. So probably no.

I guess it boils down to just how important fertility as a phenomenon is to the neolithic world, and what other concepts Mother/Fertility embodies other than fertility. (Fox has small predators, Wolf has hunting, Reflection has metaphorical reflections, etc)

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
      If we let Arcana be the sole factor, then yes. So probably no.

I guess it boils down to just how important fertility as a phenomenon is to the neolithic world, and what other concepts Mother/Fertility embodies other than fertility. (Fox has small predators, Wolf has hunting, Reflection has metaphorical reflections, etc)
      Yeah.

On a different note, I'm trying to work out what the Mother's Ban and Bane could be. So far, this is what I have for the former.

-=-

Ban: The Mother must offer audience to and refrain from harming anyone who comes to her bearing a newborn no more than a day old. She is not bound further if the offer is refused or the visitor acts against her.

"My Homebrew Hub"
      Age of Azar
      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Babies as a ban. Then would her bane be something be related to stillbirth? Squicky, but makes sense.

And is it me or does “Mother” as the Pangaean’s name/identity fit her better? It allows her to embody a wider concept, which in turn can justify a higher Rank.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Babies as a ban. Then would her bane be something be related to stillbirth? Squicky, but makes sense.

And is it me or does “Mother” as the Pangaean’s name/identity fit her better? It allows her to embody a wider concept, which in turn can justify a higher Rank.
          It's not just you. When you think about the setting of the Sundered World, motherhood and childbirth are things to be celebrated, given how the Vinca and other societies have to survive both mundane and supernatural dangers. Heck, the Vinca Wise are offered sheep and pig as sacrifices whenever their villages have a newborn.

As for justifying a higher Rank based on her name and purview, Rank 6 is definitely a yes. Maybe 7 too if you push further.

"My Homebrew Hub"
          Age of Azar
          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post

It's not just you. When you think about the setting of the Sundered World, motherhood and childbirth are things to be celebrated, given how the Vinca and other societies have to survive both mundane and supernatural dangers. Heck, the Vinca Wise are offered sheep and pig as sacrifices whenever their villages have a newborn.

As for justifying a higher Rank based on her name and purview, Rank 6 is definitely a yes. Maybe 7 too if you push further.
            If expanded to Fertility in general, I'd think Rank 7, easily.

It kinda was a super important thing back then.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Then would her bane be something be related to stillbirth? Squicky, but makes sense.
              Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
              If expanded to Fertility in general, I'd think Rank 7, easily.

It kinda was a super important thing back then.
              So, the Mother as a Rank 7 Pangaean could then have Mind 2 on top of Life 5. The Ban is also still severe enough to work on her.

Plus the writeup from Predators can justify her being the Pangaean of Fertility.

"It is defined by its ability to give birth"

"The Mother is the embodiment of fecundity gone wrong — the desire to propagate swollen to monstrous proportions."
              One of the possible story hooks for it even framed it as a possible progenitor for a Host.

On a different note, here is my idea for the Mother's Bane....

-=-

Bane: Weapons anointed with the blood of a stillborn and a powder ground from its umbilical cord. These weapons retain their potency for a year after the birth.

"My Homebrew Hub"
              Age of Azar
              The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Working...
              X