Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hunt in the Heartlands Timeline (Holmes County, Ohio)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hunt in the Heartlands Timeline (Holmes County, Ohio)

As part of my ongoing timeline project, I've started to pull together timelines of the various core book featured locations. Below is the timeline for Holmes County, Ohio. I wasn't super sold on this setting when it first came out, but I have since come to appreciate it. There's an interesting history here, and I think the unique relationship between the Forsaken and Pure in Holmes is both unique and pertinent to the setting.

Now, with all of that said, I know less than squat about Ohio. If anyone lives in or around Holmes County, I would be hugely appreciative if you have anything to add to this timeline. Likewise for those familiar with contemporary American history. I've got Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, and Dubai covered just fine, but my Stateside history is fairly weak.

http://orig15.deviantart.net/e156/f/...ut-db1r97a.png

Last edited by Second Chances; 03-09-2017, 09:59 PM.

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

I find the setting interesting in the relationships with the various werewolf tribes and sects, but beyond that, the place doesn't seem to stand out much. Maybe there is some secret history to the area in real life, but it's fine if there isn't. There is the mentions of its old-style spirits, and the tendency it brings about in werewolves which are noteworthy. The detente they have seems to be due to these old urgings, and upheld by the Ivory Claws, who are in the unusual position of being peacekeepers.

I like your timeline. Apparently someone has set up a timeline of 'ancient' Ohio here.
    Last edited by nofather; 03-09-2017, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
      I find the setting interesting in the relationships with the various werewolf tribes and sects, but beyond that, the place doesn't seem to stand out much. Maybe there is some secret history to the area in real life, but it's fine if there isn't. There is the mentions of its old-style spirits, and the tendency it brings about in werewolves which are noteworthy. The detente they have seems to be due to these old urgings, and upheld by the Ivory Claws, who are in the unusual position of being peacekeepers.

I like your timeline. Apparently someone has set up a timeline of 'ancient' Ohio here.
      Thanks for the compliments. That website is really cool. It's nice to see people making an effort to preserve history. I'm totally fine of there not being much history in the region, I'm just aware that I would probably miss anything that was locally important without even realizing it. Plus it's nice to make these timelines a collaborative community project rather than just a me project.

I am going to try and add a bit about the forced displacement of the Wyandot Nation. Seems to be about the right place and time for the Forsaken to settle Holmes County.

CofD booklists:

Comment

I was excited when I saw an Ohio setting, being from Ohio and all, but I agree it seemed very "meh" to me. I've driven through, and stayed in the county a few times, lots of farms and open spaces. I don't recall anything really major happening in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyx View Post
          I was excited when I saw an Ohio setting, being from Ohio and all, but I agree it seemed very "meh" to me. I've driven through, and stayed in the county a few times, lots of farms and open spaces. I don't recall anything really major happening in the area.
          Cool, thanks. Detroit is on my list as well to do soon, so that may end up with some more complex chronology.

CofD booklists:

Comment

Working...
          X