[2E] Pack concepts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Pack concepts

In near future I plan to run 2E game and will need players to choose base concept of their Pack. As it will probably be newbies, I want to ease them this by preparing list of possible Packs concepts. So please, write your own. And if you are in mood, you can expend those ideas with proper example of particular Pack and it's Hunts. I will extend list by your ideas. List started by supplement The Pack.

Packs concepts:
    • AA or other support group
    • Bikers club
    • Band of musicians
    • Clinic, health
    • College fraternity or sorority
    • Dojo of martial arts
    • Detective agency
    • Dysfunctional family
    • Firefighters department
    • Freemasons
    • Gang
    • Indie games developers studio
    • Junta of a Tropico style island banana republic
    • Library employees
    • Mafia family
    • Military unit
    • Monastery
    • Movie/television studio
    • Neighborhood watch
    • Nomadic Pack, doing tours on wide terrain
    • ‘Old faith’ ( pagan ) cult
    • ‘Old money’ family
    • Park Ranger patrol
    • Police unit
    • Political party
    • Pyramid scheme founders, Multi Level Marketing
    • Reality prank show crew
    • Regional historical society
    • Secret Shoppers
    • School for Gifted Youngsters
    • Summer camp, staff and counselors
    • Surgical team
    • Terrorist cell
    • Trade union
    • Think tank researchers
    • Tiger team hackers
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-26-2017, 04:14 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Many a moon ago (no pun intended) I ran a one shot at a con where the Packs were all based off the Warriors. If you want I could try and dig out my notes and share.
    Last edited by BurritoMage; 03-23-2017, 03:41 AM.

Comment

My game's pack is based off a detective agency.

Comment

Hunters in Darkness(/Iron Masters) pack as a Park Ranger patrol would work well

They'd have to leave and come back under different identities pretty frequently to avoid being scrutinized for their seeming agelessness unless they have Hunter or supernatural friends in government who can deflect records checks
        Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 03-23-2017, 08:12 AM.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Band of musicians (mostly iron masters and blood talons, maybe some bone shadows)

Nomadic Pack that uses their tours as cover for nation wide hunts

Movie/television studio (Iron Masters Bone Shadows and Storm Lords)

Pack that uses human mass media to influence the shadow.

Junta of a Tropico style island banana republic (One high primal urge werewolf of each tribe and auspice)

You know you want to...

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

I had an idea for a pack based out of a summer camp. The staff and counselors are mostly Wolf-Blooded and humans (probably don't want twitchy werewolves dealing with large groups of children) who use their access to screen the campers for unaware Wolf-Blooded and those with the potential for First Change. The core of Uratha might be park rangers or other support staff, who have an excuse to wander around but don't need to actually deal with the public. Their territory would probably include the camp itself and maybe the nearby town(s) and countryside. (rural, obviously)

The best thing is, if any group has a socially acceptable excuse for weird rituals and odd personalities, it's a scouting organization. ;3

Comment

Playing off the X-Men angle I've suggested before: A School for Gifted Youngsters

Also similar to the Summer Camp idea above.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

The recent death of Kim Jong-un's half brother makes me realize that a reality prank show crew could be a decent cover for a traveling pack and their hunts.

Comment

In that vein, a news crew.

A political party. A tiger team. A think tank. Martial arts dojo. College fraternity or sorority. AA or other support group. Pyramid scheme founders. Trade union. Terrorist cell. Library employees.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                    In that vein, a news crew.

A political party. A tiger team. A think tank. Martial arts dojo. College fraternity or sorority. AA or other support group. Pyramid scheme founders. Trade union. Terrorist cell. Library employees.
                    I 2nd the pyramid scheme one. Here in the US, in case Wyrd is unaware of one America's weirder political issues, there is a type of legal pyramid scheme called an Multi Level Marketing or MLM scheme that often has elements of cult behavior among their members and founders (fun fact:Trump's education is from a family that founded the Amway MLM and it is definitly a cult.)

You could totally have a pack that runs a creepy cultish MLM, though they will probably become Bale Hounds at some point.

Comment

COBRA, of GI-Joe fame, sort of started as a pyramid scheme and I've always pondered about turning it into a lodge or mot of some sort.

Comment

A dysfunctional family, whose mysterious matriarch lives at the edge of a tiny little Deep South town. The blood of the wolf runs strong, and any scions who show it are...brought home, whether they like it or not.

Freelance OPP. Dark Eras, Shattered Dreams, and counting!

Comment

A neighborhood watch. Everyone knows they want the best for the town / neighborhood / city, but they're a little...intense for a lot of people. There's a small core of diehards - they patrol every night, cleaning graffiti and chasing off anyone who loiters too long - but practically everyone in town is sympathetic.

Comment

The Secret Shoppers. A young pack based in a shopping center. It's like a city in miniature, and although the Gauntlet is strong the Essence is plentifu. Other packs have always overlooked its importance, but hat just leaves more territory for them.

Comment

A surgical team composed of a core of nurses and doctors with an incredible success rate and are the current poster kids for the Hospital's campaign on teamwork. Of course, they don't work well with others, and the few times there's had to be a float in their OR, the atmosphere was incredibly tense.

They work insane hours too. Eesh.

Comment

Working...
                              X