[2E] Pack concepts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, Aynie!

Freelance OPP. Dark Eras, Shattered Dreams, and counting!

Comment

A regional historical society that uses their knowledge of their territories past to dig up bans and banes for local spirits. The uratha at the core are made up of iron masters, storm lords and bone shadows and mostly come from wealthy backgrounds, either old money families from the region or executives from powerful companies with strong historical ties and cultural significance to the region

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Debt collectors - don't mess with the repo-wolves.

Burglers.

Real estate agents.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

The pack in our chronicle were all 'orphans', new wolves with no one else to turn to so they supported each other.
          ‚ÄčOne had the effect of amnesia to represent that she was literally orphaned at such a young age she didn't know who her family was. Her parentage fueled the first arc of the chronicle.
          Another had family, at least up to the moment the Ivory Claws wiped them out. I don't think I have to explain how this one was played out.
          ‚ÄčThe third still had a family, an extensive one made up of wolves and wolf blooded. She left them because she refused to accept the plans they had for her. The family was okay with existing in the background at first, after all they were confident she would come home eventually. Even after they realized she was never coming home they were okay with lending much needed assistance, in exchange for the child of a father of their choosing (this was 1ed).

Comment

I think I should mark that we need Pack concept AND typical Sacred Hunt of it.
            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-27-2017, 02:31 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
              I think I should mark that we need Pack concept AND typical Sacred Hunt of it.

Do we? The pack concepts that we put up can be easily put between any and all tribe combinations - and personalities. The Sacred Hunt should be something your gaming table comes up with on your own so the flavors of the PC themselves gets represented.

Not to mention everyone has a different OOC idea of how they'll have a Sacred Hunt play out per concept.

I could see the merits in having a thread with examples of a Sacred Hunt (or other rituals) but to combine it with pack concepts feels off.
              Last edited by Aynie; 03-27-2017, 11:48 AM.

Comment

A thread with many examples of a 'Sacred Hunt', including the rituals the pack uses to start them, would be awesome. I wonder if someone has already made one? *Goes Digging*

Comment

Made a pack for a vampire crossover. Half crazed ghost wolf Holly-Runs-With-Rats and a coterie of Nosferatu who basically became a sewer patrol due to the cities Beshilu threat. The treated themselves as doctors cutting the tumors from the city's body. "Tumors need precision tools" Johhny One Nut said "but while most doctors use scalpels this tumor is much bigger and has legs, a tail, and a pipe wrench. Nurse we need to employ a larger tool" Johhny then revved a chainsaw and threw himself into the coming onslaught. With celerity, vigor, and resilience he fought off the small horde. Holly on the other hand was dressed in a ww2 nurse outfit using her a fetish weapon to electrify the Beshilu. A weaponized shock treatment machine with a surge spirit inside it. The ending of that game was pure insanity and I loved it.

Comment

Also had an idea for a political pack, a group of anti-authoritarians trying to save human society from the beasts that pull the strings behind the scenes. Drawing on libertarian ideals as well as those of Hunter S. Thompson they are trying to save the American people from the corruption of the left and right for the benefit of the secret masters. Individualists who think they can protect the innocent. Could easily make up some interesting conceptual spirits for this pack to face off against.
                    "The mind of America is seized by a fatal dry rot - and it's only a question of time before all that the mind controls will run amuck in a frenzy of stupid, impotent fear"- Hunter S Thompson

Comment

I think about 2-3 NPC pack I need for my Sweden Uppsala modern setting. I was going by using two Tribes per pack - to have variety of Uratha in region - but I seem to have problem with hammering in-game working concepts. My PCs pack sounds to be connected to gangs and criminal underworld in profile. I was thinking about those combinations:

Variant 1
                      • Pack 1 - Blood Talon + Bone Shadows - 'Traditionalist' - I do not know on what base pack here. Thought about maybe police force? But Bone Shadows do not seems to jive with idea.
                      • Pack 2 - Iron Masters + Storm Lords - 'Neo-pagans' - Pack connected to local univeristy and all 'neo-pagan' movement in it.
                      Variant 2
                      • Pack 3 - Blood Talon + Iron Masters - Police force pack, watching over humans and local Uratha. Works as 'good cop, bad cop'. Can see interesting interactions if PCs will be connected to criminals here.
                      • Pack 4 - Bones Shadows + Storm Lords - Neo-pagans from university, very serious about Nordic religion revival, and looking over Ridden and spirits.
                      Writing this, it sounds to me that Variant 2 is general better packs spread and ideas...

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by NateD View Post
                        A dysfunctional family, whose mysterious matriarch lives at the edge of a tiny little Deep South town. The blood of the wolf runs strong, and any scions who show it are...brought home, whether they like it or not.
                        Nercoing to add: A wealthy Downton Abby type landed family and their staff.

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                          [*]Clinic, health
                          I just thought of doing a Werewolf chronicle based on Kamen Rider Ex-Aid...

Sorry if I seem too straightforward, or if I don't get you. Autism isn't a forgiving condition.

Comment

The Pack has a pack that's based around an elite hospital in, I think, Mexico. Where everyone in the staff, doctors down to janitors, are members of the pack in some form or another.

Comedy troupe.

Been playing Metal Gear Solid: the Phantom Pain, which is a very werewolf-like game. In that vein you have private military contractors, basically mercenary units (complete with administration and support infrastructure for those who are not combat-oriented).
                            Last edited by nofather; 11-18-2017, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X