Moon Gifts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moon Gifts

I've been going back through and rereading WtF 2nd ed and I stumbled on to something that is confusing me a bit. Moon gifts are tied to the Auspice, so it seems like each wolf only has 1 Moon Gift and gains a new facet as they increase the corresponding renown. However, this sentence, "A werewolf may discover other Moon Gifts that are associated with her auspice at a cost of
    5 Experiences" seems to indicate it is possible to learn other ones I wouldn't think you could learn another auspices' moon gifts this way, so is this just phrasing to set up for future gifts to be introduced in other supplements or created for your own chronicle?

Originally posted by aslan751 View Post
    I've been going back through and rereading WtF 2nd ed and I stumbled on to something that is confusing me a bit. Moon gifts are tied to the Auspice, so it seems like each wolf only has 1 Moon Gift and gains a new facet as they increase the corresponding renown. However, this sentence, "A werewolf may discover other Moon Gifts that are associated with her auspice at a cost of
    5 Experiences" seems to indicate it is possible to learn other ones I wouldn't think you could learn another auspices' moon gifts this way, so is this just phrasing to set up for future gifts to be introduced in other supplements or created for your own chronicle?
    I love this. Because this is probably the most asked question about the book, and it's all out of a good cause.

Yes, the writer was future-proofing because there are potentially more Moon Gifts available to the auspices. One example is here, the Screaming Moon Gifts. They are only available to Cahalith, though, because it's a Gibbous Moon Gift.

Comment

Its setting the stage for new Auspice-based Gift lists, or suggesting how to update the old Auspice gifts in the new edition. I think 1e had three different auspice-unique lists?

Comment

3-5. Rahu had five. Full Moon, Warrior's Moon, Purity, Solar Eclipse, Blood Moon. Irraka had four. The rest had three.

So yeah, plenty of room for more later down the line.

Comment

I have three Moon Gift writeups in a thread of mine. One of them - Ardent Moon - is still incomplete, and I'll be happy to have some input on it.

"My Homebrew Hub"
          Age of Azar
          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Amravanti View Post
            3-5. Rahu had five. Full Moon, Warrior's Moon, Purity, Solar Eclipse, Blood Moon. Irraka had four. The rest had three.
            If you're talking about the alternate Auspices from Signs of the Moon, only Namm-dar had a unique Gift List. Gishtahu and Suharahu got Full Moon's Gift and Hiriraka got New Moon's Gift.
            Last edited by Charlaquin; 03-24-2017, 01:47 PM.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Oh you're totally right. My mistake. So 3 each.

Comment

Cahalith had 4 with the Sherazade list.

Comment

Working...
                X