• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LokiRavenSpeak
    started a topic Totem advancement question

Totem advancement question

Hello

i am running my campaign in Denver and my players 4 months in finally remembered they need a totem (we started lower than chargen), the lazy asses :P

So far they got their eye on Wise-Lost a magath from the predators book (its a spirit of strays and knowledge) that i introduce it in the game, problem is that it is a Rank 3 spirit.

So my question is how does advancement for totems work? In the above examples by RAW all the players (3) have to put 5 dots in totem to acquire a rank 3 totem (with 15 point total in attributes) but after that? Can they improve the totem in any way?

As i am using a pre generated city with lots NPCs i am not using Wolf blooded nor humans packmates. The player each have 1 Wolf blooded but they arent "in" the pack as of yet. Neither i will give them NPC packmates if i can help it.

I am thinking of just making the totem merit add to the totem as my campaign is gonna be a long one but i wanted to see if there is another way for a totem to gain more from its pack.

• LokiRavenSpeak
    replied
    Originally posted by nofather View Post

Bunyip pointed to pages showing you how to advance beyond the dots the Totem Merit offers. A three person pack with 15 Merit Dots can have a Rank 5 totem going entirely by the rules.
    Yeah i just missread malus post.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Originally posted by LokiRavenSpeak View Post
    Thats what i said, i got 3 players assuming each put totem merit at 5, it barely reaches the totems as written and no possibility of improving it unless i give then NPCs packmates or wolfblooded
    Bunyip pointed to pages showing you how to advance beyond the dots the Totem Merit offers. A three person pack with 15 Merit Dots can have a Rank 5 totem going entirely by the rules.

Leave a comment:

• LokiRavenSpeak
    replied
    Originally posted by Malus View Post
    A rank 3 totem would be worth at least 15 totem points, additional totem points adds to their attributes.
    Thats what i said, i got 3 players assuming each put totem merit at 5, it barely reaches the totems as written and no possibility of improving it unless i give then NPCs packmates or wolfblooded

Leave a comment:

• Malus
    replied
    A rank 3 totem would be worth at least 15 totem points, additional totem points adds to their attributes.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Technically you'd use Pack Beats, but if you had some issue with that you could just have the totem earn an average of the packmates Experience, which is sort of the same thing.

Also you can probably start it lower off, if the characters don't want to invest that many Totem Merits in the start. Just reduce Attributes until it fits with what the pack has. Then have it gain the average of their Experiences or suggest they get some Totem Merits later.
    Last edited by nofather; 03-26-2017, 12:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LokiRavenSpeak
    replied
    So if i use the totem rules as written my player wont be able to improve the totem (they should all buy 5 in totem merit to just acquire it) unless i use the pack beats optional rule? Per page 63

Or does it means player can spend normal XP on the totem?
    Last edited by LokiRavenSpeak; 03-26-2017, 09:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bunyip
    replied
    The Pack, pages 42-44 deal with acquiring the totem, pages 63-64 deal with benefits the bond brings to pack and totem, and advancement of the totem.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X