[2E] Changing Breeds and Skinchangers relations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Changing Breeds and Skinchangers relations

So idea for topic struck me when I was looking over Dark Eras stuff - How Skinchangers would relate to Changing Breeds in 2E Werewolf line?

My answer: Skinchangers are to Changing Breeds, like Wolf-Blooded are to Uratha!

Remember that many Skinchangers powers are basiclly 2E Wolf-Blooded Tells, only changed to work for other animal Breeds.

And antagonists relations between Skinchangers and Changing Breeds could be like Wolf-Blooded to Uratha - some of Skinchangers become mortal Hunters or 'con-mans' of Breeds.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Heh, that would make all wolf-blooded skinchangers, since Uratha are a variety of Feral according to Changing Breeds (despite how stupid that is).

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Comment

And? What's bad with that? Technically, 1E Skinchangers already are 'sorta Wolf-Blooded', by the way 2E Werewolf defines Wolf-Blooded...
      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-28-2017, 11:41 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        And? What's bad with that? Technically, 1E Skinchangers already are 'sorta Wolf-Blooded', by the way 2E Werewolf defines Wolf-Blooded...
        Most skinchangers have no-relation to werewolves, and most Wolf-Blooded cannot change shape.
        Last edited by milo v3; 03-29-2017, 08:35 PM.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Comment

I always got the impression that Changing Breeds was to Chronicles of Darkness as the Philips CDI games were to Zelda. Yeah, technically they happened, but we all kind of pretend they were just a bad dream.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Nitpick: Skinchangers was a book. It had skinthieves (reproduced via merit in Dark Eras) but it also included a wide variety of Werewolf antagonists of different stripes. Asking for relationships between Changing Breeds and Skinchangers is impossible, because some of the skinchangers were fox spirit possessing bodies, or crazy snake hybrids, each with their own origin story.

Skinthieves, on the other hand, are to Werewolves as psychic vampires are to Kindred. Lots of relationships, intertwined stories, but a clear differntiation.

As for relationships? I personally would make everything revolve around Werewolves (or another major gameline) than I would between two minor things. Mortal/psychics, vampires, werewolves, witches (I basically houseruled mage until it was basically a new game), promethean and changeling. Take a pick of one of those six, and that's what the relationship webs grow from.

For me, when I start charting out everything that a Changing Breed could concievably fill, I already have something else in place I prefer. Snake shifters? Vampires pretty much cover the serpetine better than even a snake shifter, imho. Something like the tengu or other bird-men? We have not only spirits but strix that do that well. Fox and cats end up as changeling Kitsune and Cait Sith types that happen to be popular. Etc.
            Last edited by MCN; 03-29-2017, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X