No announcement yet.

[2E] First Change Story issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem is that this game is made as closest to Open Table model as I can with Werewolf game. I want it to be simple chargen and probably even Group Beats ( first time I think about this kind mechanics ) for new players. I also assume that PCs that go with Prelude will probably be main players, with rest going 'on and off', probably. Maybe I will go with simple chargen, but let rest join with 'stored' XP like Prelude lowest characters?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
      Problem is that this game is made as closest to http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/1006024-open-table-model-with-cod-games"]Open Table model[/URL] as I can with Werewolf game. I want it to be simple chargen and probably even Group Beats ( first time I think about this kind mechanics ) for new players. I also assume that PCs that go with Prelude will probably be main players, with rest going 'on and off', probably. Maybe I will go with simple chargen, but let rest join with 'stored' XP like Prelude lowest characters?
      You can't implement an open table format & group beats without being grossly unfair to the non recurrent characters, or to the recurrent PCs in the event of non-recurrent gaining access to the xp pool.

Comment

I found other problem with First Change Story scenario - as each character has rising Tension pool, and suddenly it can burst - What about then character miss her pointed Auspice? Like in story we have Full Moon, Tension is enough high, but player wanted his character to be Elodoth?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Don't schedule your story on an actual Lunar calendar. When they change, it just happens to be the phase they wanted to change in.

Or if you really want them to play a regimented story, what they want as their auspice doesn't matter.
          Last edited by nofather; 04-09-2017, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
            I found other problem with First Change Story scenario - as each character has rising Tension pool, and suddenly it can burst - What about then character miss her pointed Auspice? Like in story we have Full Moon, Tension is enough high, but player wanted his character to be Elodoth?

Sneaky way to go about it: it's a lunar eclipse. Person wants to be an Elodath? They change the moment the moon's shadow is half. Boom. It's tricky, and you can always flavor it that the character runs a little more aggressive than most Elodath, but it's there if you want to actually fit a lunar calander into the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Aynie View Post
              Sneaky way to go about it: it's a lunar eclipse. Person wants to be an Elodoth? They change the moment the moon's shadow is half. Boom. It's tricky, and you can always flavor it that the character runs a little more aggressive than most Elodath, but it's there if you want to actually fit a lunar calander into the game.
              Hmm, I like it! But what about other way around? Only one player I have decided on Auspice and that's Rahu. How to 'pack' Full Moon on real phases of Half Moon, Gibbous Moon or Crescent Moon? I suspect that in time of No Moon is out of question any other Auspice to have.

Rest of my players are more or less too fresh for Werewolf and probably be mostly okay from game events Auspices for characters ( if even going for whole Uratha in the first place, in scenario they can end as Wolf-Blooded if they want to ). So I should aim for story finale in Full Moon, with having one sure Rahu?

But what about considering Tension? If we take preRahu character, he probably will have rather high Tension ( low Willpower, have Nighmares as Conditon from start ), so he can hit easily First Change in any nearest Tension infusing situation. As I wanted to run with this story game about Swedish Prom night in high school ( and few days earlier or later ) should I start story on day-two before Prom? Especially, as it is Full Moon then?

And last but not least question on First Change. Tension rise with stressful interactions of teenagers. Most of those are made in day. But First Change is always under the Moon. So what - If Tension rise, First Changer loose character for the rest of the day, waits whole hours and player cannot do anything with him after he is found next morning, totally naked or someones guts on his hands? Tension is constructed that way it probably hit rather in day time, than night time.
              Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-09-2017, 10:44 PM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I today sorta solved problem with wrong Moon Phase to the working Auspice player is aiming - In Shadow Realm, Luna can make anything with sky, yes? So when our pre-Ithaeur was hitting Tension in Full Moon DAY, we run she heard spirits voice, partially changed shifted between Flesh and Shadow Realm - and when she entered then, in whole local Shadow Realm was Crescent Moon on sky ( even if there was day in Flesh then ) - cause Luna wanted it to be, right now.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

For all those months I run few more First Changes in time of our normal play, outside scenarios 'we all are teenagers' model - I found that normal Tension Pool starting number can be to high for new players joining running chronicle and NOT Change in one or two game sessions - dice rolled are simply too high and even two rolls per character in game session ends in Change.

On next player joining our game I will start with HALF of Tension that WtF 2E corebook advise, to let player accustom to being Wolf-Blooded first. I will write in few weeks how it went for this PC and player on rising Change in WB then.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Few weeks became one year, but using HALF of starting Tension Pools seems to work for giving player a 2-3 games sessions of play on character.

As to other subtopics - the 'No proper Moon for Auspice' problem is somehow solved by natural phenomena. Today, when returning from work, I saw a Gibbous Moon on the sky in the mid day! So if at least general Auspice time is good, First Change can even be in the day, only sun need to be somehow not direct then.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                    X