[2E] Custom Breaking Points

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Custom Breaking Points

Hey All, my groups taking their first steps in Character Creation part of the process involves creating at least 2 Custom Breaking points in addition to the common one's listed on page 104. They suggest that they revolve around Auspice, Tribes and Touchstones but as we are all new to Werewolf we are struggling for ideas. Do any of you have any examples for Custom Breaking points for Flesh and Spirit?

My high purity/honor Rahu Storm Lord had a few. Obviously tailored to him personally. His last pack was dead, which makes some of these relevant. They mostly revolve around his reluctance to join a pack again after being alone for so long, and how seriously he takes his given role of Rahu, and Purity renown.

Flesh
    Suffering a dramatic failure during a Full Moon
    Seeing a packmate take aggravated damage (-2)
    Refusing a direct challenge from another werewolf

Spirit
    Intentionally giving in to Kuruth (-2)
    Delivering the final blow of a Siskur Dah
    Sacrificing in the name of the Oath of the Moon

For my Hunter in Darkness Ithaeur who replaced that guy when he died, I can only remember a couple. Similarly related to her backstory.

Spirit
    Forcibly Binding a spirit to a fetish
    Sleeping more than 20 miles out from civilization (the wilds as a touchstone)

Flesh
    Failing to perform a pack rite
    Failing to complete a Sacred Hunt (though lapse or other action)
    A human or outsider discovering and entering her 'den' (-2)

Comment

Originally posted by Amravanti View Post
      My high purity/honor Rahu Storm Lord had a few. Obviously tailored to him personally. His last pack was dead, which makes some of these relevant. They mostly revolve around his reluctance to join a pack again after being alone for so long, and how seriously he takes his given role of Rahu, and Purity renown.

Flesh
      Suffering a dramatic failure during a Full Moon
      Seeing a packmate take aggravated damage (-2)
      Refusing a direct challenge from another werewolf

Spirit
      Intentionally giving in to Kuruth (-2)
      Delivering the final blow of a Siskur Dah
      Sacrificing in the name of the Oath of the Moon

For my Hunter in Darkness Ithaeur who replaced that guy when he died, I can only remember a couple. Similarly related to her backstory.

Spirit
      Forcibly Binding a spirit to a fetish
      Sleeping more than 20 miles out from civilization (the wilds as a touchstone)

Flesh
      Failing to perform a pack rite
      Failing to complete a Sacred Hunt (though lapse or other action)
      A human or outsider discovering and entering her 'den' (-2)

Thanks Amravanti this is a great start! I'm going to show these examples to the guys and girls and hopefully they can try and link them to there backstories some more.

Comment

This is something refering in the fluff (Lore of the forsaken) that never had a mechanics backing but i apply to it anyway.

Learning a gift-> breaking point towards spirit.

Comment

My Storm Lord Ithaeur got the following ones:

Flesh: Leaving a packmate behind

Spirit: Intimidating spirits into doing his bidding.

Comment

Working...
          X