[2E] Uratha and substance abuse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, completely forgot about talens.

Still, a careless or overconfident wolf will still try...

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
      It would make more sense as a talen, bottles blessed by a spirit of Alcoholism, or pipes from an addiction spirit.
      Talens can be okay on 'day-to-day' celebration on normal Pack, for just one time using - like 'few beers on the party' but for werewolves. Proper Fetish would be alarm sign of addiction in society, even if character can teoreticly defending that it's 'party use only'.

Originally posted by nofather View Post
      A fetish for getting drunk or high would probably end poorly, killed by the Bone Shadows or Claimed by the spirit within as it takes advantage of your addiction.
      Twist is that this NPC I have in mind IS broken Bone Shadow Rahu, so this 'bad idea Fetish creation' seems perfect for him!

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

In 2E Talens kill the spirit it's created from?

Here is basic idea of our 'magical beer bottle' Fetish.

Horn of Plenty (FETISH ••)
        Even freshly changed Uratha have problem with recreational intoxication, like drinking alcohol or taking drugs. Older they get, the problem rises. And as humanity like to drink sometimes, so can Uratha. This ironically called Fetish let them – created from the spirit of particular addiction locked in item symbolizing it ( alcohol bottle for alcoholism, crack pipe for crack addiction, etc. ), with it’s powers it can overwhelm enough werewolves to remind them how to feel being under influence. However, spirit makes this by putting on Uratha effects of intoxications like those that could literally kill normal human, if he would consume it.
        Effect: Taking sip from Fetish, Uratha character is like under ‘binge drinking’, having instant rush with almost no cost. However, his real toxin levels would kill normal human. He has Toxicity 6 in his veins. Any mortal using item would end in hospital with heavy poisoning. Using Horn by Uratha is Breaking Point toward Spirit for any werewolf about Harmony 8 or above.
        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-12-2017, 08:43 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
          In 2E Talens kill the spirit it's created from?
          No, it costs the talens dots worth of Lethal Damage. It's often a tithe werewolves demand from spirits in their territory.

Comment

Hmm, so any 'rather human' Uratha need to be at Primal Urge 2? Eating only raw meat can be a bit problem in modern society...
            My Storm Lord was quite the fan of sushi.

Comment

Some pack totems also provide plenty of talens.

Comment

Oh, I love this! It can make character still 'taking sips from the flask', but also all that more paranoid if he lose his Fetish with him. It also makes character more 'strange', as he can only intoxicate by drinking from flask. I wanted to went on image the Uratha is drinking from beer bottle, but making Fetish of bottle sounds a bit excess - or does it?

Good that it helps. I agree that I figured it would end badly for the character, but that sounded like what you wanted for the NPC.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

Working...
                X