[2E] Small town threats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Small town threats

So I'm preparing First Change Story in small town in Sweden. I have idea on finale scene - shouting on local variant of Prom in high school - and have idea for NPC werewolf - 'broken Lone Wolf' - but I still did not decide on proper antagonist here. This NPC do not seems as fitting to antagonist role and I want players to like him ( he will be seed of second story ). So I have 'curse of fertility' on what 'big bad' to choose, as I would go with one of classical Prey - we have spirits, we have Claimed, humans ( and their cults ), other werewolves and Hosts.

I think I would miss Hosts here, as I do not want to go with whole 'rats invasion', it should be more single issue. I was thinking on some kind Murder Spirit spiraling people of the town on killing spree - but I do not know how to place it in normal, stable town. And even then - how he would look like?

And I'm still open to other ideas on the matter if you got. Maybe use Claimed of Murder Spirit here? But what would be difference between Spirit and Claimed of it, as antagonist?

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
    My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    But what would be difference between Spirit and Claimed of it, as antagonist?
    A Claimed is a solitary murder machine, similar to a Slasher. They might encourage murders as well but you would need something beyond 'just' murder.

A spirit of murder can flit around and make nearly anyone a murderer.

Beshilu and azlu don't have to invade in huge hordes, either. A single nest of two or three of either can be treacherous, especially if there's one who can walk around in a human suit and do human things like call the police.

Comment

The prom queen, Ridden and soon-to-be-Claimed by a spirit of haughty pride and contempt for the "un-cool" kids. It introduces an antagonist that most people can't perceive, that the pack may know on a personal level if they're in the same high school, and that requires creative thinking on how to deal with it because ripping someone to shreds at a prom in front of everybody is usually not an acceptable way to solve things.

But then again, something the pack can chase down and claw it to death may be a better start for a starting game. If going for the murder-Claimed, maybe you could make it the culprit behind recent killing sprees in nearby towns that has been hot in the news lately and evolving into an urban legend (precisely what the Claimed wanted. It thinks that a major incident with many deaths and the resulting shock and gried will elevate it further up the spiritual hierarchy, so it targeted the town's prom where hapless teens will be gathered nicely in a relatively small spot. And the high-profile presence of an unknown murderer will make police much more on guard and likely to question suspicious activities. Such as, activities of your pack as it goes on the Hunt. To solve this intrigue and get the mortal authorities off your back, it becomes even more imperative to find the Claimed fast and put an end to it.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

21C Hermit I think I may mixed your ides. What about probable Prom Queen Ridden by spirit of 'Prideful Murder'? She will be become alien beauty Claimed if she kills enough 'pretenders' to her Prom Crown? And pretenders will be, of course, pre-First Change PCs. I even can make one player her boyfriend as 'popular athlete' stereotype. Still, she will want to put down on PCs.
        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-12-2017, 07:04 AM.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
        My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

Comment

Then you're gonna love this homebrew, courtesy of The Kings Raven .

Comment

You might get some use out of a spirit (or even Claimed) of the high school itself. And it doesn't even need to be an antagonist - adding ambiguity later on.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
              Then you're gonna love this homebrew, courtesy of The Kings Raven .
              Oh yes, I really love this! Sounds perfect for this story! I only wonder if I should use still Harpy as Slasher Undertaking, or dot her as Spirit Ridden, with possible Spirit Claimed evolution?

Comment

I recommend keeping it simple and use Claimed.

Comment

Having some free time in work, I made Urged version of antagonist from 21C Hermit idea. It's in Spoiler Tag below as Horror sheet from CoD Rulebook, as we still do not have proper sheet for Predators in 2E ( but I'm talking about it with Mr Gone already ). All Merits are from CoD Rulebook, however traits Queen of the Cacophony and Sword of Damocles are from fan Harpy Undertaking. Other Dread Powers are from WtF 2E corebook. I'm still not sure with what Vice to go with or what Ban and Bane make for spirit inside. I suppose that Bane could be some thing showing how mount is not truly perfect being - maybe some mirror? Like glass from shattered mirror?

Comment

When it comes to a Ban or Bane for such a character at the top of the list should be 'being held up to ridicule'.
                    Anything that makes them look bad or worse, gets them laughed at by the general populous.
                    ‚ÄčIt's not how you look that matters, it's how other people see you.

Comment

Working...
                    X