[2E] Maeljins and other Preys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Maeljins and other Preys

I think that Maeljins can be great chronicle antagonists, on par of Idigam. Especially, as you can connect other Sacred Preys for Tribes of Moon to Lords of Wounds. There is only one I have problem with, so maybe you can help me how to resolve last one antagonists to work for Maeljins. Here is what I have for now in relation to Tribes.
    • Blood Talons - Werewolves - The dreadful Bale Hounds, Uratha cultists of Maeljins, are greatest and most dangerous of their servants.
    • Bone Shadows - Spirits - Maeltinet, commanders and lieutenants of spirits hordes under Lords of Wounds, are alien spirits-like beings living in Wounds in Shadow Realm.
    • Iron Masters – Humans – The wicked mortal Cults of Great Sins, sacrificing other humans for power , money or lustful desires. Each cult works under one of Maeljin patron.
    • Storm Lords – Claimed – Lords of Wounds stir many spirits in Shadow Realm, whispering to them to take the ruling in Flesh of weak mortals. Many of them listen to them. Created this way Claimed are
    And now we are left only with Hunters in Darkness and Hosts as their Sacred Prey. Hosts are decentralized and generally ‘they own thing’, so I have problem with reconnecting them to the ‘Maeljin masters’ in above chronicle scenario. Any idea how Hosts could play in this kind of story?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Hired muscle is always an option, and some hybrid-stage Hosts engage in cult behavior and exhibit alien faiths that can easily be routed to worship of Sin.

EDIT: And considering how the Hunters in Darkness in particular are concerned with holy sites in their territory, a loci or some other important place being turned into an Wound will certainly rile them up, whether Hosts are involved or not.
    Last edited by 21C Hermit; 04-11-2017, 04:05 AM.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
      EDIT: And considering how the Hunters in Darkness in particular are concerned with holy sites in their territory, a loci or some other important place being turned into an Wound will certainly rile them up, whether Hosts are involved or not.
      So Hunters can declare on Sacred Hunt to hunt for 'Those things that desacred our Holy Site into Wound'? Not precise targets?

LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Hmm, my memory's shaky. Can the Siskur-Dah only be executed on the Tribal/Lodge's choice of prey? I thought the rite itself can be initiated at any prey, not just the favored prey. Will have to look up again.

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
          Hmm, my memory's shaky. Can the Siskur-Dah only be executed on the Tribal/Lodge's choice of prey? I thought the rite itself can be initiated at any prey, not just the favored prey. Will have to look up again.
          You can execute it on any prey. But if I rememver correctly, each Tribe (and Lodge) had a unique benefit tied to their respective versions of the rite that was especially potent against their favored prey.

"My Homebrew Hub"
          Age of Azar
          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post

You can execute it on any prey. But if I rememver correctly, each Tribe (and Lodge) had a unique benefit tied to their respective versions of the rite that was especially potent against their favored prey.
            Yeah, that was it.

So the Hunters in Darkness can and will call the Siskur-Dah on those strange creatures popping out of desecrated loci, whether they know what those things are Shartha or not. Because it's their duty to watch over the holy places, and a Hunt to that end will always be Sacred.
            Last edited by 21C Hermit; 04-11-2017, 05:44 AM. Reason: refined

Comment

Still, it will be a bit 'unfair' if all other Tribes have their direct Sacred Preys and full bonus on Siskur-Dah Rite on hunting them - and Hunters in Darkness going without this bonus. So how to make Hosts working for Maeljinn?

LGBT+ through Ages
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Just make a Sin Host. You could argue that demons are already this.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                  Just make a Sin Host. You could argue that demons are already this.
                  Are not Possesed more like Claimed, in that they are, well... possesed by demon? Exorcism are, theoretically, working on Inferno Possesed, if I remember 1E book correctly.

Hosts, on the other hand, are totally merge of Spirit and Flesh, like good old Pangeans. And Hosts are made of animals spirits and flesh, merging with humans. from what I know.
                  Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-13-2017, 04:16 AM.

LGBT+ through Ages
                  LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

A Hunter of Darkness sees the current state of the Gauntlet and if it is altered by any origin. My suggestion is, if a Wound appears it definitivly alters the Gauntlet (not in rules but in a cosmetic way) cause the material side becomes influenced. So a Meninna can have full Bonus of Siskur'Dah i would say. Even an enemy can be the reason of this alteration, so a Hunter can see this.

Comment

Lykas , yeah, 'stink of Wound' for Hunters in Darkness sounds as good way to make them really relevant to Maeljinns workings with Siskur-Dah.

LGBT+ through Ages
                      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                        Hosts, on the other hand, are totally merge of Spirit and Flesh, like good old Pangeans. And Hosts are made of animals spirits and flesh, merging with humans. from what I know.
                        Hosts don't have to be limited to animals, and you were asking what the Hunters in Darkness could hunt. Their sacred prey is hosts. So a Sin-host would make sense.

Comment

So a Sin-host would make sense.
                          But WHAT would be Sin-Host? You are telling me we have Mountain-Host as there was Pangean like that?

LGBT+ through Ages
                          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                            But WHAT would be Sin-Host? You are telling me we have Mountain-Host as there was Pangean like that?
                            We have fungi hosts too. But the hosts don't seem to be limited to Pangeans. We have the Locust host, for instance, which are likely from an idigam, Mussughana.

Like I said, a demon could be a sin-host, rebuilding themselves to become the Adversary. Or you could just pick a sin and go with it. Gluttony hosts people with an insatiable appetite, who seek out others with the same and have powers similar to the Gluttony investments.

There's a ton of ways you could go with it.

Comment

We have fungi hosts too. But the hosts don't seem to be limited to Pangeans. We have the Locust host, for instance, which are likely from an idigam, Mussughana.

Like I said, a demon could be a sin-host, rebuilding themselves to become the Adversary. Or you could just pick a sin and go with it. Gluttony hosts people with an insatiable appetite, who seek out others with the same and have powers similar to the Gluttony investments.

There's a ton of ways you could go with it.
                              That sounds so wonderfully messed up and has just the thing a high-end woof game needs.

Comment

Working...
                              X