[2E] Uratha and other supernaturals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Uratha and other supernaturals

On WtF 2E corebook, on page 94, states that Uratha character can ‘smell out’ other werewolves or Wolf-Blooded. Would this power work also on there supernaturals – and wolves can smell like vampires, mages, prometheans or changelings? I’m asking as one player want’s to run local bar in setting, so he would naturally watch out what monsters creeps to his location then.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-15-2017, 03:34 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Probably not unless there was something about them. Vampire's Blush of Life takes care of that good old 'dead' smell and the lack of breathing, but they might have just eaten and have the scent of blood in their mouth. A mage with a spirit familiar would be noticeable.

There are Gifts that deal with noticing supernaturals. Scent the Unnatural is the big one and something someone who wanted to note supernaturals in their bar would want. Boundary Ward if you're wanting to watch for a specific type of supernatural. If the Gifts weren't necessary it would have been mentioned in the Senses section.
    Last edited by nofather; 04-15-2017, 01:11 AM.

Comment

It's based on scent. Werewolves literally, physically smell different; humans just don't have powerful enough senses of smell to be able to notice.

So: do the creatures smell different? Mages don't intrinsically smell different. Vampires probably do, unless they're using the Blush of Life. Some changelings might smell different, specifically those with high enough Mantle or Wyrd ratings that subtle signs of their mien slip through the Mask; I would assume most don't.

Comment

I allow Werewolves to use that ability to 'smell' Vampires similarly to how Vampires can sense the predatory aura of Werewolves. Similarly, I count their Wolf Senses as 'mystical' senses for piercing the mask, but only for the sake of scent/hearing, which can provide clues as to a Changeling's nature.

Storytellers' Vault supplements (WoD, CoD)
        My Patreon!

Comment

What Gifts would help in sensing other supernaturals?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
            What Gifts would help in sensing other supernaturals?
            Insight's Read the World's Loom or Scent the Unnatural would work, the latter being the very direct 'detect supernatural creature' sort of power. Knowledge's Know Thy Prey might provide supernatural nature on an exceptional, and Lord of the Land might provide some clues too.

Storytellers' Vault supplements (WoD, CoD)
            My Patreon!

Comment

Scent the Unnatural is what you're looking for. It doesn't depend on purely physical scents.

Comment

Working...
              X