[2E] Bale Hounds and Wounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Bale Hounds and Wounds

I look for the information how Bale Hounds can hide Wound in making. In my chronicle local Bale Hounds packs are corrupting one of largest Locus – previous site for Temple at Uppsala – but they need to do that other Uratha would not suspect them. So no big, glaring site ‘this is place of wickedest corruption’ in Shadow Realm, or something.

My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
    MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events
    WtF 2E - Alternative werewolves myths from around the world

Have them do their business in a place that's already pretty shady or dangerous enough that no body would bother checking it out.

Comment

Temple at Uppsala is lost somewhere in woods near the city, but we do not know where. Still, it's Sweden college / church town, not warzone.

Comment

Have them do it fast. A mass suicide or brutal rampage or other act that would instantly turn the locus into a wound.

Have them use Maze Ward or any of the other abilities that keeps people and werewolves away.

Have them bind spirits of Deceit or Confusion around the area to make visitors lose their way.

Have them just kill anyone who gets close.

Have them use some weird magic rite that makes a Wound look normal.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
          Have them use some weird magic rite that makes a Wound look normal.
          Let's concentrate on that, as sounding must promising. I suspect that magic like that will be high level Rite? Probably teach by Soulless Wolf himself? Effect would be that targeted place do not sound Wound corrupted at least someone would not take Essence from Locus? But even then, corrupted Essence can corrupt even taker?

Have them do it fast. A mass suicide or brutal rampage or other act that would instantly turn the locus into a wound.
          Was going for all 'plan of decades in comitting'...

Have them use Maze Ward or any of the other abilities that keeps people and werewolves away.
          Will it not make anything more suspicious to other Uratha? And that they finally pierce it?

Have them bind spirits of Deceit or Confusion around the area to make visitors lose their way.
          Adding Deceit spirit can be good way - making people loosing the way maybe rising too much suspicion.

Have them just kill anyone who gets close.
          'You heard? Everybody passing around that glade just disappear...' - Does not sounds as solving much of pointed problems.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
            Let's concentrate on that, as sounding must promising. I suspect that magic like that will be high level Rite? Probably teach by Soulless Wolf himself? Effect would be that targeted place do not sound Wound corrupted at least someone would not take Essence from Locus? But even then, corrupted Essence can corrupt even taker?
            I don't know, there's no rules for Wounded Essence yet. But if it's a Wound you wouldn't have 'normal' spirits hanging around. Whoever controls it could just ask visiting werewolves not to take Essence from it. Or not invite werewolves to visit.

And no, it wouldn't have to be taught by Soulless Wolf. There's an entire Maeljin dedicated to Deceit.

Was going for all 'plan of decades in comitting'...
            Yeah, but you're basing your plan a decade long plan hidden from supernaturally sensitive creatures with enhanced regular senses and allies who know secrets because they're living concepts based on those secrets. You're going to have to make shit up and railroad a bit.

Will it not make anything more suspicious to other Uratha? And that they finally pierce it?
            'The pack that lives there prides themselves on their privacy, if you want to meet them leave a pile of nine stones at the base of an oak.'

You heard? Everybody passing around that glade just disappear...' - Does not sounds as solving much of pointed problems.
            It's not uncommon for werewolves, Claimed, spirits and other monsters to do such a thing. Like I said before.

Comment

I look for the information how Bale Hounds can hide Wound in making. In my chronicle local Bale Hounds packs are corrupting one of largest Locus – previous site for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_at_Uppsala"]Temple at Uppsala[/URL] – but they need to do that other Uratha would not suspect them. So no big, glaring site ‘this is place of wickedest corruption’ in Shadow Realm, or something.
              Resonance Shaper merit.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
                Resonance Shaper merit.
                Should not using of Merit for Corruption of Locus lead to any other Uratha sensing it's still Wound? Does not this point obvoiusly about Wound?

Comment

Should not using of Merit for Corruption of Locus lead to any other Uratha sensing it's still Wound? Does not this point obvoiusly about Wound?
                  Only if they go there. Do the Bale Hounds not watch their turf? And it they're corrupting somebody else's place, it only takes a few hours to screw their mark's sideways.

Wounds are always obvious. They should be. They're the closest thing on Earth to Hell.

Comment

Wounds are always obvious. They should be. They're the closest thing on Earth to Hell.
                    Even in Silent Hill, 'Otherworld' ( that would work as Wound in WtF ) is not something you just see from mile. It's much more thing you are kidnapped to, trapped there.

Bale Hounds tactics should be that Wounds will be obvious WHEN HOUNDS WILL BE READY for it. Creating Wound is not easy feat in the first place - and they are ready, they should be sustained in local Hisil ecology. That means no local Forsaken 'we will fix it right away!'

Take out or mislead local Tribes, let the area become Wound and then prize the Maeljins and Lords of Sins sure victory!
                    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-19-2017, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Even in Silent Hill, 'Otherworld' ( that would work as Wound in WtF ) is not something you just see from mile. It's much more thing you are kidnapped to, trapped there.

Bale Hounds tactics should be that Wounds will be obvious WHEN HOUNDS WILL BE READY for it. Creating Wound is not easy feat in the first place - and they are ready, they should be sustained in local Hisil ecology. That means no local Forsaken 'we will fix it right away!'

Take out or mislead local Tribes, let the area become Wound and then prize the Maeljins and Lords of Sins sure victory!
                      The Shadowscape that isn't clearly dangerous, and entraps you aren't Wounds: Those are Shoals.

Werewolves are insular, concerned first with their territories. Creating a Wound is extremely easy by corrupting a Locus with the previous mentioned merit and an atrocity to match. Then the tainted essence enters the Shadow like poison thru a bloodstream. There's nothing simple about cleansing Wounds. There's nothing simple about repairing the scar tissue of the Shadow. If your setting features a Forsaken society of vigilant and united Uratha, congrats you're just making plots that hinge on the inherent problematics of politics harder.

Comment

Were there in 1E any clear rules on creating Wounds, beside 'when story needs it'? Like, I don't know, numbers of Tainted Essence compared to original Essence or something? Knowing this would be much easier to gauge how hard it should be to remake 5 dot Locus I have in my mind in to Wound then.

The Shadowscape that isn't clearly dangerous, and entraps you aren't Wounds: Those are Shoals.
                        Shoals are places with highest Gaunlet, much more dessosiated. What I mean about Wounds it's Bale Hounds should not be 'I spam Wounds whenever I go, some of them will last if I make them enough'. Creating Wound should be long time effort ( like maybe switching each Essence point for Tainted Essence ), not 'I just sacrifice 30 persons in mass suicide and voila!'

Werewolves are insular, concerned first with their territories.
                        Could you explain this better? As translation of word insular as 'islander' or 'small-minded' my dictionaries suggest do not work for me on the thought you have here.

Creating a Wound is extremely easy by corrupting a Locus with the previous mentioned merit and an atrocity to match.
                        Seeing now Resonance Shaper Merit, I see in 2E ALL Packs should always guard their Loci if they do not want to wake up to totally diffrent Essence wellspring. If I make math right, remaking Locus 5 dot location to completly other Resonance would only need like 3-7 days of work and only to get 50 success in teamwork action. It's... large, but strangely easy by the core rules.

Then the tainted essence enters the Shadow like poison thru a bloodstream. There's nothing simple about cleansing Wounds. There's nothing simple about repairing the scar tissue of the Shadow.
                        So once shaped place, it stays Wound, even by rules Resonance Shaper could remake it with few days effort?

If your setting features a Forsaken society of vigilant and united Uratha, congrats you're just making plots that hinge on the inherent problematics of politics harder.
                        Could you explain what you think here? As I try to understand, but cannot grasp it.

Comment

I don't believe the Resonance Shaper Merit alone would be able to change a locus into a Wound.

Just changing the Resonance to one of Violence, or Wrath or whatever, isn't enough, as spirits and Essence of Violence of Wrath or whatever aren't necessarily Wound spirits. They're an entirely natural spirit and it's an entirely natural Resonance.

Some dark act has to happen to create a Wound. I suppose you could justify it if the locus was something sacred, like a glade, that was then turned into a locus of violence, but even then I think you would need a corresponding act to hammer it in.
                          Last edited by nofather; 04-20-2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I don't believe the Resonance Shaper Merit alone would be able to change a locus into a Wound.

Just changing the Resonance to one of Violence, or Wrath or whatever, isn't enough, as spirits and Essence of Violence of Wrath or whatever aren't necessarily Wound spirits. They're an entirely natural spirit and it's an entirely natural Resonance.

Some dark act has to happen to create a Wound. I suppose you could justify it if the locus was something sacred, like a glade, that was then turned into a locus of violence, but even then I think you would need a corresponding act to hammer it in.
                            Illiciting a Wound with the merit would exactly, per the rules, necessitate an atrocity. And Wounded spirits are the spirits usually associated with the previous resonance now drinking from a wellspring if Sin. I'll get back to wyrdhamster when I'm at a computer.

Comment

Illiciting a Wound with the merit would exactly, per the rules, necessitate an atrocity.
                              If you commit an atrocity, you wouldn't need the Merit, since that's all it may take to create a wound.

And Wounded spirits are the spirits usually associated with the previous resonance now drinking from a wellspring if Sin.
                              Yes, but just turning a locus of Devotion to a locus of Violence isn't enough to make it a Wound. There are Pride, Lust, Sloth, Gluttony, Wrath, Greed, Envy, Violence and Deceit spirits that are completely normal, not-Wounded spirits.

Comment

Working...
                              X