[2E] How to murder Uratha?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] How to murder Uratha?

My next story starts with PCs finding their Uratha friend as body in Funeral. Idea for it is he was murdered – not kill in combat, not dead of accident. As for werewolf, he was killed in wicked way by someone – marks would lead to heart attack or other humans natural causes. The problem is how to make this possible? Uratha Regeneration will resolve any toxin or non-silver wound ( and wounds by silver are very strange for coroners and other Uratha ). Any ideas how can you kill other Uratha in white gloves?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Coroners are likely willing to accept and shrug off the appearance of supernatural things, since they'd rather not go insane or be confronted by said supernatural. Or they could be lazy or corrupt.

I'm not sure how you're wording this. 'marks would lead to heart attack or other humans natural causes.' Are you saying they were attacked physically, and then had a heart attack? Or they just died of seemingly natural causes, like a heart attack?

Either way, magic is probably a weapon you could use in this case. A spirit could do it with an Influence or Numina, so a totem could do it, or a fetish. Any number of the other splats have powers that cause damage without necessarily damaging a person. Werewolf lodges have strange blessings that allow them to overcome or go around usual werewolf advantages.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
      I'm not sure how you're wording this. 'marks would lead to heart attack or other humans natural causes.' Are you saying they were attacked physically, and then had a heart attack? Or they just died of seemingly natural causes, like a heart attack?
      So the other Uratha seeing body would not see 'Ha, he was torn in shreds by his enemies'. Should look like 'natural causes' in 50 years old Uratha.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        So the other Uratha seeing body would not see 'Ha, he was torn in shreds by his enemies'. Should look like 'natural causes' in 50 years old Uratha.
        Oh, then magic, or just some brute force. If, for whatever reason, a werewolf couldn't go into gauru or rely on gauru, or went into gauru and passed out coming out of it, they could simply be killed like a normal human, providing they weren't high Primal Urge or had a low Essence. Things like Efficient Killer or someone with a silver weapon and lots of skill or bad luck, or both, on behalf of the werewolf could insta-kill one. Not the kind of stuff you want to throw at a starting PC but fine for NPCs. Certainly a brutal hacking with a silver axe would leave nasty wounds, but a single stab with a silver sword into the heart might just leave one. A silver bullet, as well.

You may want to be careful if this is going to tie into a mystery, as things like Death and Insight Gifts can get investigators answers pretty easily.

Comment

Certainly a brutal hacking with a silver axe would leave nasty wounds, but a single stab with a silver sword into the heart might just leave one. A silver bullet, as well.
          Do not those leave marks of wounds from silver?

You may want to be careful if this is going to tie into a mystery, as things like Death and Insight Gifts can get investigators answers pretty easily.
          Mage level like problems with investigations? As I need to make sure PCs know there was murder ( later in first story ), only do not know who do this.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Do not those leave marks of wounds from silver?
            Yes, but they wouldn't be torn to shreds. It wouldn't be natural causes but I covered a lot of that in the first post.

Mage level like problems with investigations? As I need to make sure PCs know there was murder ( later in first story ), only do not know who do this.
            You should hope no one picks a Death or Insight Gift or talks to spirits. Bone Gnaw can tell you the general circumstances of their death, Eyes of the Dead the last things they saw, Echo Dream to see exactly what happened, Scent the Unnatural or Prey on Weakness can tell you who did it and a lot about them, including what they were.

Comment

That new fire-touched/predator king pack following a nasty Heart Disease Totem and cursing Glorious Blood Talons to ignoble prey-like deaths sounds fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
                That new fire-touched/predator king pack following a nasty Heart Disease Totem and cursing Glorious Blood Talons to ignoble prey-like deaths sounds fitting.
                What new Pack of Pure? Where are they described?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

What new Pack of Pure? Where are they described?
                  In my head, tried to be evocative enough to give you some inspiration.

Comment

How about drowning? It's not natural causes, but could be considered an accident. The Uratha could have been lured away from the shore, their boat capsized and Telekinesis used to keep them submerged.

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

Or a water spirit. It happens in one of the Idigam Chronicle stories and in the fiction in the core. River spirits are big on live sacrifices. An air spirit can steal the air from your lungs and keep it away. An earth spirit can engulf you until you suffocate. A fire spirit could burn you alive, or burn your insides to a crisp.

And any of these can be done by a werewolf with Elemental gifts.
                      Last edited by nofather; 04-18-2017, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Little silver bits inside a capsule pill. o_o

Comment

Originally posted by Aleksay View Post
                          Little silver bits inside a capsule pill. o_o
                          But would they kill Forsaken? Tribes of Moon are only suspect to Silver-as-Weapons, contrary to Pure.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

But would they kill Forsaken?
                            If there are a lot of tiny sharp bits, they would make a massive damage to the stomach and guts, with almost no chance to be rid of.

Tribes of Moon are only suspect to Silver-as-Weapons, contrary to Pure.
                            Well, Pure still have their own wolf-blooded and humans in their packs.

Comment

There are also informed Mortals, mistreated Wolf-Blooded, resourceful Hosts, vengeful Ghosts with Mortal help, Spirits, Spirit-Urged, Spirit-Ridden, Spirit-Claimed, and really determined Pure.

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

Working...
                              X