[2E] Tribes & Status

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Tribes & Status

Are there Status ( Tribe ) in 2E WtF? Cause I looked over in corebook and cannot find any reference to it.

Is not Status in your Tribe a thing in Werewolf? Even if not in corebook - Where not some materials on titles or some perks from Tribe in 1E gameline?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

This seems like it could have gone in the simple question thread.

Yes, it exists. It's probably less common because having esteem in a secret, world-wide organization is uncommon. It still happens, as fame travels.

I don't believe first edition had any special titles among their tribes, since they're, like second edition, pretty disorganized.

Comment

None special Merits connected to Tribe Status? Beside Initiation to the Tribe?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

No, you're free to add them if you want.

Comment

My understanding is the Tribes don't have formal structures that you can earn Status in, and that the closest thing is members comparing each others' Renown.

Revlid wrote:
          Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

Yeah, but there is some knowledge to be had. Renown makes a great first impression but beyond that, werewolf is big on legends and stories travel.

The Pillars, too, could help. They're described as 'the spine of the Tribes, providing leaders, chieftains, and visionaries.' Granted that involves aligning yourself with one of a Tribal Totems secondborn or 'lieutenant' spirits.

Due to their lack of a formal structure you wouldn't have something like a special 'Tribal Status' or 'Auspice Status,' that would grant you access to special Tribal vaults or whatever, but just Status could be a thing. Rare, but a thing. Maxwell Roman probably warrants some among the Iron Masters, and Red Stick among the Predator Kings. Even if it isn't in their character sheets.
            Last edited by nofather; 04-18-2017, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Werewolves are subject to Honorary Rank in which respects to at least 2 tenets of the Oath.

Comment

I just use renown as the marker for Tribe status, really. I figure that's the intent, since you got a bonus against tribemates equal to renown in 1e, I think. Allies, contacts and mentor for specific Uratha, to represent connections to the tribe, and occasionally Fame (usually for characters who are known for something other than their deeds, like a prominent parent or maybe having Embodiment of the Firstborn)

Comment

Working...
                X