[ 2E fan Dark Eras ] Wolf and Raven - Lodge of Moon-Hounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ 2E fan Dark Eras ] Wolf and Raven - Lodge of Moon-Hounds

So I have idea for Pure Lodge I my use in my own games, but it's based on Wolf and Raven Dark Eras information. Here is quote:

Originally posted by Dark Eras, p.151
    Hati, the Hateful One, is viewed as Rabid or Silver Wolf, though their tribes reject Hati’s epithet, Mánagramr (Moon-Hound)
    Reading this line I was really strucked why Pure Tribes would not use Hati's epithet. But now I have great idea on their antagonists Lodge.

Basic idea is this - Lodge of Moon-Hounds are Pure extremists that following Mánagramr, wolf spirit of not sure descendent ( maybe from Rabid or Silver Wolf ). They specialize in hunting Lunes, climbing choirs hierarchy, wanting finally to get to the Mani/Moon himself.

And so, here is proper Lodge write-up...

Lodge of Moon-Hounds

Managarmr. Moon-Hound. It’s title of Hati, monster wolf from Norse myths that is chasing every day Máni – Moon God – across the sky, to finally get slay at times of Ragnarok. He is patron of the one of most prestigious Lodges of Pure Tribes – those that hunt the Lunes themselves - Moon Hounds.

Claiming to hail from Norse mythology, Moon Hounds are relentless in their hunt. Each night, when only Moon is on the sky – adherents start hunt for first Lune of the Auspice is over their heads. If they get one, they destroy it and by this – get his Auspice Blessing for the whole Moon Phase. Then they prepare attacks on Forsaken, unsuspecting their enemies have their greatest advantage. Or Moon Hounds track how to get Lune higher in hierarchy, to get information how to strike more lasting blow to Servants of Luna. On day, they say, they will slay Moon itself!

Of course, only Pure Tribes members are adherents of this Lodge. Most are from children of Silver or Rabid Wolf, but even Predators Kings join group. In the end, what is greatest foe than the Moon Bitch itself? Disturbing for other Anshega is that how easily adherents of Moon Hounds become cursed Bale Hounds, hunting for the Lunes to flayer them with profane Rite of Dead Light ( see Blasphemies for more informarion ). For rest of Lodge this conduct is heresy, letting to life Flayerd Lunes, but local groups of Moon Hounds falls too easily for this trap under right guidance.

TOTEM: Managarmr
    Moon Hound is spiritual wolf made of dark clouds. He is said to come from wolf umia, but many point him to be possible magath. Managarmr is somehow demanding patron, calling in the sleep to adherents if they missed one full month without hunting cursed Lunes. He watch over their hunts, often looking as cloud that is overshadowing Moon in last moment before Uratha strikes a Lune – shutting for few precious seconds his connection to Luna.

BONDS

Blessing: The Lodge member gains a point of Essence upon seeing the Moon for the first time in a night. If adherent successful hunt the Lune, he can use it’s power as this night Blessing for him – it works as Forsaken particular Auspice ability, but it’s limited to be usable only once in the same Auspice nights as hunted Lune. If Moon change it’s face to other Auspice, ability is lost till next hunted Lune. For examples, if Moon Hounds get the Ralunim spirit on first night of Full Moon, they can use Rahu Auspice ability for this and two next nights of Full Moon – but only once.

Aspiration: To foil lunar plot.

Ban: A Moon Hound must neither deal with nor flee from a Lune.

SACRED HUNT
    The Lodge Sacred Hunt grants your character the ability to sense Lunes and gauge their power. He may detect any Lunes within a radius of ten yards per dot of Primal Urge. If he looks at a moon spirit or an individual Ridden by one, he may reflexively learn whatever Dread Powers, Influences, Manifestations, and Numina are at its disposal. An adherent who encounters Forsaken during the Sacred Hunt may also perceive the extent of Luna's blessing upon them. By looking upon one of the Urdaga, he may reflexively identify his Auspice and the number of Moon Gift Facets engraved upon him.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 05-24-2017, 02:44 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Oooh.

They have the same sacred prey as my Sun Walkers Lodge.

"My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
      Oooh.

They have the same sacred prey as my Sun Walkers Lodge.
      Great ( Pure ) minds think the same way! Lodge of Moon-Hounds will be much more relic of older times, when many Pure literally think their Totems chased Mani on the skies.

But I will check your Lodge for inspirations.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Added Lodges write-up to opening post. Deionscribe, I took some parts from yours Sun Walkers write-up, as Sacred Prey of both Lodges is very same - and they are similar in some other ways. I hope you are not angry because of that.

I'm just thinking what Lodge Merits and Tools would have sense for my Moon Hounds - any ideas you got?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Well, I see some similarities, but they're still distinct from my Sun Walkers nonetheless. Nice work adapting the bits and pieces you took to your Lodge.
          x3

"My Homebrew Hub"
          Age of Azar
          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

This is nice. Any chance they're associated with our favorite not-Tribe, the Bale Hounds, through things like Rite of the Flayed Lune? (not sure if this is the right name)

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
              Any chance they're associated with our favorite not-Tribe, the Bale Hounds, through things like Rite of the Flayed Lune? (not sure if this is the right name)
              Rite is called Rite of Dead Light in Blasphemies. And Moon Hounds were envisioned for being corrupted by the Bale Hounds. I got idea on them by reading Wolf & Raven and Blasphemies in near the same time. I shall mark the high number of Bale Hounds heresy in their ranks in Lodge write-up.
              Last edited by wyrdhamster; 05-24-2017, 02:45 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

​Thinking on some NPCs from this Lodge, got idea to write the Managarmr as Spirit to use in your games. Hopes it looks cool and as good Rank 5 being.

Managarmr – Moon Hound

‘<Howl at the Moon in the sky>’

Moon Hound is spiritual wolf made of dark clouds. He is said to come from wolf umia, but many point him to be possible magath. Managarmr watch over hunts of his adherents, often looking as cloud that is overshadowing Moon in last moment before Uratha strikes a Lune – shutting for few precious seconds his connection to Luna. There is rumor he is Secondborn of Silver or Dire Wolf – and he personally remember what Moon did at the moment of Urfarah’s death.

Description: Managarmr looks like a wolf made of living, breathing dark cloud. Temperature around him drops a few degrees and air is electric, like jest before the storm. His eyes are two sparks of lighting for brewing storm – that becomes whole thunder cascades if he is furious. And often he is.

Storytelling Hints: Moon Hound has only one real goal – to kill the Moon. And he takes it literally. He can be appease by giving Lunes as sacrifices to him. But he will do anything to finally get his teeth on Luna – even if that would mean his end. Of course, he much more want to win, so he looks for strategies and weakness to get his final blow.

Attributes: Power 15, Finesse 9, Resistance 12
                Willpower: 10
                Essence: 50
                Initiative: 24
                Defense: 9
                Speed: 31
                Size: 4 ( Can assume form of Dark Cloud – then Size 40? )
                Corpus: 16 ( In Cloud form – 52 )
                Influences: Weather •••••, Wolf ••••
                Numina: Awe, Blast ( Lighting ), Implant Mission, Innocuous ( As Cloud ), Path Finder, Regenerate, Seek, Speed, Sign, Telekinesis ( ‘Smart’ Wind )
                Manifestations: Dark Cloud*, Discorporate, Gauntlet Breach, Image, Materialize, Twilight Form
                Ban: Cannot show weakness to Luna and it’s kind
                Bane: Silver dust spread into air on direct moonlight

*Manifestation – Dark Cloud
                Spirit can become living part of Shadow Realm ( or Physical ) sky. It stretches and assumes much larger Size – but is treated as in Twilight Form to any powers that cannot attack him in this stretched shape at once. Exception is Bane, that works even on tiniest part of Dark Cloud on contact. In this form, being is also assumed to fly.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                X