[2E fan] Bale Hounds Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Hounds of Gluttony get's Essence economy trick because 'eating humans' is a thing all Uratha do, from time to time. Making Merit obsolete based on cannibalization only, as it's not 'wicked' in use to be proper power for demons cultists. However, cannibalism in mechanics is highly connected with Essence taking, so Hounds of Gluttony, when spending all the Essence in one turn, have much more incentive to repeat cannibalism, just to refill their over used stores of Essence.
    Yes, but the Essence economy trick has uses other than cannibalism. The idea is that it's the Hound's choice to use that ability for Gluttony, and there is the true Sin in it.

And once again we have seducing here that I marked is bar too low. Maybe I'm not seeing here, but were is rape angle? As I say, making cultists of Carnala only 'guys that get cool chicks' cheapens the idea of cult. First seen sex spirit can have enough for you on that.

If you want to get with Forcing Doors and Kuruth Trigger and need to take rape from obvious answer - at least makes that they do not do only from sudaction. Carnala is about using others as your own ( very dark ) playthings. They do not want 'no' for any answer - so Kuruth is in each failed Forcing Doors attempts.
    The Lust/rape angle is in how the Hound decides to use the ability, like the Gluttony angle above.

To be honest, making Infernal powers (be they Merits, Gifts, Rites, Investments, etc) blatantly evil kinda dilutes Inferno's themes. It looks as if the Hound is being railroaded into doing evil. This is how normal spirits work. To be truly of the Inferno, the act has to be done with your own volition. Only after you've hollowed out yourself with your acts then the demons claim dominion over your soul. This turns Wound spirits and Bale Hounds from just another flavor of possessing spirits and spirit worshippers into something insidiously human and humanly insidious.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
      And I effusively challenge the notion that every Uratha is a cannibal.
      Not every Uratha is cannibal - but most can be. ( That's why 'You will not eat human or wolf' as so direct Oath of Moon and Harmony Breaking Point to Spirit. There is even topic on this very forum about this problem. ) And Hounds of Gluttony surely are cannibals, as this and Essence overuse are direct 'sins of Gluttony' in game universe. What I meant that rapist from cult of Carnala are not worse than sadists from Baalphagor and Therifuge or serial killers in Asmodai. We talk here about demons worshiping werewolves...

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Yet your depiction of demonic entities seem to care little for manipulation, finesse or subtlety.

Comment

Yet your depiction of demonic entities seem to care little for manipulation, finesse or subtlety.
          Hmm? They are the same shown in Blasphemies. Book shows Bale Hounds as wanting to be more direct in their worship and practice. Those 'homosexual rapist' and 'basement full of corpse' are direct quotes from book.

LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

And those aren't the insidious, shrewd Asah Gadar that would live past a year, those are the morons that get put down like dogs. The most priced renown for the Hounds was Cunning, cuz if they got found out, they got shredded. You don't go committing the murders yourself, an Architect of Violence arranges for someone else do them, then likely getting a maeltinent to possess the stupid human and have him take the eventual fall. Sure, the Forsaken might be able to plug the holes on the sinking resonance of their territories, but it'll all degenerate into a hellhole eventually. And the Maeljin will bless the shit out of that guy.

Comment

And those aren't the insidious, shrewd Asah Gadar that would live past a year, those are the morons that get put down like dogs. The most priced renown for the Hounds was Cunning, cuz if they got found out, they got shredded. You don't go committing the murders yourself, an Architect of Violence arranges for someone else do them, then likely getting a maeltinent to possess the stupid human and have him take the eventual fall. Sure, the Forsaken might be able to plug the holes on the sinking resonance of their territories, but it'll all degenerate into a hellhole eventually. And the Maeljin will bless the shit out of that guy.
              Seconded. Bale Hounds can already do what they want to further corrupt Resonance. They should be better at getting others to succumb to corruption as well. Probably by passing out subtle Conditions like (drugged) candy.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

As I need for my story powers to make characters indistinguishable in murder scene, I thought about updating Gifts of Eclipse. Here are Facets basic ideas I think of – most are original 1E Gifts levels, that will need only few tweaks.
                • Shroud of Darkness (CUNNING)
                This Facets makes whole characters figure stepped in spiraling shades, make here blurry and fully black. Character cannot be pinpoint in direct way who she is, as features are blurred by darkness, so recognizing her deeds doing is almost impossible.
                • Shadow’s Secrets (WISDOM)
                The Uratha can concentrate on any patch of shadow within her line of sight, and attune her senses so that she can hear and smell anything in the vicinity of the shadow.
                • Shroud of the Blinded Moon (GLORY)
                The Uratha can call upon this Gift to summon his own eclipsing shadows. The darkness generated by this Gift is normal shadow, created to mirror the spiritual darkness of a lunar eclipse, and can be pierced by flashlights, sunlight and so on. When used subtly, such as in a dark alleyway or a forest at night,
                the summoned shadow can cloud the poor lighting completely and immerse the area in pitch darkness. Bale Hounds use this Gift in order to confound their foes or make last-minute escapes without the worry of being seen leaving the area.
                • Darkened Moon (PURITY)
                This Gift draws on the power of the lunar eclipse to blot out the werewolf’s victim’s access to the powers granted by Luna. The target suffers characters penalty equal to characters PURITY dots for access to all auspice abilities and even to the boosting dicepools with lunar marks of Renown.
                • Broken Moon (HONOR)
                The Elunim police the Uratha for violations of Honor, seeking balance between human and wolf, Rage and temperance. After the flaying rites of the Bale Hounds, the Lunes look at the broken moon as just further evidence that balance is unnatural, and they are quite happy to teach the Asah Gadar how to upset it.
                Successful use of this Gift forces other werewolves into Death Rage. The Bale Hound need only glance at the target to activate the Gift.

LGBT+ through Ages
                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

[/LIST]The Elunim police the Uratha for violations of Honor, seeking balance between human and wolf, Rage and temperance. After the flaying rites of the Bale Hounds, the Lunes look at the broken moon as just further evidence that balance is unnatural, and they are quite happy to teach the Asah Gadar how to upset it.
                  Successful use of this Gift forces other werewolves into Death Rage. The Bale Hound need only glance at the target to activate the Gift.
                  Doesnt this steps on the Elodoth auspice ability? And as a side note, this gift aside whats the use of a flayed moon? In forsaken 1st they give you the tainted moon gifts but now they seem kinda pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by LokiRavenSpeak View Post
                    Doesnt this steps on the Elodoth auspice ability?
                    Well, it is - but it's also the point. Bale Hounds are tempters and manipulators. They are there to make other Uratha fall in their line of seeing things. What better way for destroy other Uratha life, than trigger his Death Rage in worst possible moment?

Elodoths are still better - they can not only turn on, but also turn off Death Rage in others.

And as a side note, this gift aside whats the use of a flayed moon? In forsaken 1st they give you the tainted moon gifts but now they seem kinda pointless.
                    Flayered Lunes can give acces to Eclipse Gifts and others of Bale Hounds?

LGBT+ through Ages
                    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Flayered Lunes can give acces to Eclipse Gifts and others of Bale Hounds?
                      Don't know whether that was the case in 1e, but making them be able to do so sounds like a nice change. It gives Bale Hounds a tangible reward for their blasphemy, other than being done for just it's own sake. Or at least, the Gift of the Tainted Moon should definitely be a Flayed Lune stuff.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

re: Honor Eclipse - IIRC, it already steps in the shoes of the Cunning facet of the Rage gift.

Comment

re: Honor Eclipse - IIRC, it already steps in the shoes of the Cunning facet of the Rage gift.

True both are similar to the Elodoth ability, speaking of which this "Eclipse (Honor)" gift, would send the target into soft or hard rage?

Comment

True both are similar to the Elodoth ability, speaking of which this "Eclipse (Honor)" gift, would send the target into soft or hard rage?
                            I would mimick rules from Elodoth Auspice Ability. Source is the same on both powers - Half Moons affinity with Rage - so similar mechanics are okay in context that Elodoth still have more powerful version of it ( by being able to turn off Rage also ), I think.

LGBT+ through Ages
                            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I would mimick rules from Elodoth Auspice Ability. Source is the same on both powers - Half Moons affinity with Rage - so similar mechanics are okay in context that Elodoth still have more powerful version of it ( by being able to turn off Rage also ), I think.
                              I wouldn't, but that's your prerogative.

Comment

Bale Hound of Lust is hunting in Colorado! http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/colo...y-a-sasquatch/

LGBT+ through Ages
                                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                                X