X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wyrdhamster
    started a topic [2E] Wolf-Blooded & Experience

[2E] Wolf-Blooded & Experience

As I understand, Wolf-Blooded follows normal mortal costs for Traits. And next Tells costs as 3 Exp, per Tell Merit, page 305 of WtF 2E corebook. But what about other 'wolfness' Traits? How much Rites would cost to WB? And are they limited only to Pack Rites they can learn? Could WB get Renowns?

• Malus
    replied
    Originally posted by Tessie View Post
    I meant "trait" is in something you buy for XP. Merits are also "traits" even though it includes stuff like Mentor and Resources. There is no prerequisite Rites Trait. What I meant was Pack Rites dots. I apologize for being unclear. All Wolf-Blooded can buy Pack Rites just like werewolves.
    Barring a particular pack merit from The Pack (Moon's Grace), per the corebook, a wolfblooded can only lead a pack rite if they're afflicted with the Horse, Spirit Double or Waystone tells, otherwise they can learn the rite, and assist a rite master in a teamwork fashion only, as the sidebar at page 143 states (Other Ritemasters)..

That merit, at it's maximum rating (5) also allows the wolf-blooded to attain renown and gift facets.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    There is no Rites Trait in second edition.

You have two dots, can either get 1 2-dot Rite, or 2 1-dot Rites. Or spend Merits and any extra starting Experience to get more.
    Last edited by nofather; 04-24-2017, 03:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    In Uratha character creation is line 'Start with two dots of rites' - is this means 2 Rites? Or 2 dots of Rites Trait?

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    I meant "trait" is in something you buy for XP. Merits are also "traits" even though it includes stuff like Mentor and Resources. There is no prerequisite Rites Trait. What I meant was Pack Rites dots. I apologize for being unclear. All Wolf-Blooded can buy Pack Rites just like werewolves.
    Last edited by Tessie; 04-24-2017, 03:44 PM. Reason: Added emphasis

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Originally posted by Tessie View Post
    So the only werewolf exclusive trait they can buy is Pack Rites, and they cost 1 XP per dot just like for werewolves.
    Wait, so even for just one Pack Rite our WB need Rites Trait?

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    There's no reason to assume XP costs would be different from werewolves. It's also safe to assume they can only buy things that a normal mortal can buy, unless it explicitly says otherwise. So the only werewolf exclusive trait they can buy is Pack Rites, and they cost 1 XP per dot just like for werewolves.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X