The Herd Must Not Know - Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Herd Must Not Know - Questions

I have a Iron Masters player that want to run a disco bar. He thinks about naming local 'Red Wolf' - Does using name of the Firstborn is breaking of 'Herd Must Not Know' tenet of Oath of Moon?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

No, but I'll question his cunning in letting any Pure savvy enough put 2 and 2 together and start targeting the place. Least of his problems.

Comment

Nah. It doesn't identify any werewolves or even allude to their existence. Some other Iron Masters might get pissy about it but that's more just using the name.

Comment

It's a double bluff. No Iron Master would be dumb enough to do that, so it must just be a coincidence. So he's safe.

Comment

Probably not enough to count as a harmony violation, probably enough to be considered at minimum tasteless by other uratha.

Comment

1) How would that be informing the Herd of the wolves among them?

2) Also, I think he's fine.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
            Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
              It's Iron Masters headquarter!

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Fire-touched here thanking you for the tip-off! Will be getting the fam together to ... visit the place

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Or it's just a bar. That can happen.

(Besides, if the Iron Masters have anything to do with that place, it's likely to be a trap for their prey.)

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                  The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                  Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Other question - The same player used term 'Iron Masters' in the speech to the mortals - Would this be breaking of Herd Must Not Know tenet?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Other question - The same player used term 'Iron Masters' in the speech to the mortals - Would this be breaking of Herd Must Not Know tenet?
                      Not unless he explained what it meant. Just saying the name of something without context doesn't really give any information about the thing. The herd doesn't know about werewolves, they just know something exists that this dude calls "iron masters."

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

But saying something like 'And I joined to Iron Masters'? He point's it's clearly organization and from there, hunters can trace whole Uratha society...

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

But saying something like 'And I joined to Iron Masters'? He point's it's clearly organization and from there, hunters can trace whole Uratha society...
                          If I say I hold the title of Exultant Keeper of Reliquaries in the Order of the Blazing Dawn and the Night-bound Shrike, would anybody know what it would even mean? Or just what in the world the Order of Blazing Whatsoever is? Better yet, would anyone able to determine if I'm a charlatan, a madman, a cultist, or some mix of them?

Another example: Mage says the Orders are semi-visible to those who delve deep enough into the occult underground, but even after accounting for what the Sleeping Curse do hunters still can't track the entire Awakened society. I'd say the Tribes are similar, if not even more obscure since Tribes don't even have the same extent of organization and networks. Maybe the hunters can trace out who's in which pack, but Tribes seem largely out of their field (unless of course, they're Conspiracy-level themselves)

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

"Iron Masters" can also mean a bunch of other things. One of the first things google throws up is a gym.

Comment

So, is I'm getting it right - You only break Herd tenet if your Harmony is hit, i.e. when showing humans transformation or regeneration? What about Gifts or Rites then - if mortal would see them would 'Herd Know'?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                              X