Bale Hounds and Norse Myths

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bale Hounds and Norse Myths

Hammering my Uppsala game, I think about main antagonist of the chronicle. On general they are Bale Hounds, in all possible Tribes ( Pure also ), that survived inside local population. But main character will be Black Spiral Dancer that corrupted latest Packs generation. As main theme of chronicle are Norse Myths, I thinking how to marry Bale Hounds philosophy with ideas from Northman Mythology.

Obvious one is using Ragnarok, as Apocalypse-like event Norse Bale Hounds want to create. The problem, I got, is that Ragnarok is much more 'god driven', at least according to myths. How would Norse Bale Hounds approach this kind of thing?

Bonus question - I look for some nice 'wicked' Kenning to make Deed Name for this character, but does not seems to find anything working. Got some unsettling propositions?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

When Christianity first spread to the Norse, how was the idea of the Devil translated? That might be where you need to look. Hel, Nidhoggr, and Surtr will probably come up.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
      When Christianity first spread to the Norse, how was the idea of the Devil translated?
      I want to dwell into that in Viking Era part of chronicle, but I assumed for now that Maeljin become 'Devils Legion'/'Princes of Hell', with Asmodai as Satan himself, I suppose.

That might be where you need to look. Hel, Nidhoggr, and Surtr will probably come up.
      Was aiming for male antagonist, but when you mentioned Hel, I got now nice feeling about female Uratha that was casted out by Forsaken decades ago, now with half face marred with scars, that as Daughter of Loki want's to bring Ragnarok in his name, commiting to Maeljins for help. Only some evil sounding Kenning on her, and I think I got my main villian, thank you.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Was aiming for male antagonist, but when you mentioned Hel, I got now nice feeling about female Uratha that was casted out by Forsaken decades ago, now with half face marred with scars, that as Daughter of Loki want's to bring Ragnarok in his name, commiting to Maeljins for help. Only some evil sounding Kenning on her, and I think I got my main villian, thank you.
        Glad you liked it. Another thing on Wikipedia that you might be interested in.

Comment

Another thing on Wikipedia that you might be interested in.
          Read it, but I do not understand it - maybe my English is failing me. It's about that Seo Hell did not have proper gender, only being 'it', yes?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Read it, but I do not understand it - maybe my English is failing me. It's about that Seo Hell did not have proper gender, only being 'it', yes?
            That, and the obvious relation with Satan, and the possible allusions to a Legacy of Reapers that got absorbed into the Tremere if you want crossover.

With abilities like Luna's Embrace, gender and sex are hardly issues to the Uratha.

Comment

Well Hati and Sk├Âll want to eat the Sun and Moon, that is a lot of Wolfy doomsday to bring up. Perhaps these Balehounds believe they can become gods of the Apocalypse, and even Maeljin themselves if they can bring about eternal darkness? Garm too could work, as a guardian of the Gate of Hel, and slayer of Tyr. Maybe you can invoke the Releasing of Garm as some sort of Necromantic releasing of the Dead to the land of the living? And eating a God?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I think about using sex changing female Irraka from ex Bone Shadows that really thinks she is now Hel, Daughter of Loki. Irraka are pointed as having relation to Loki and Bone Shadows have affinity to Hel. Twisting it up, we end with spirit driven lone stalker-priests that want to consume everything in Sundering of Men - Ragnarok!
                Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-05-2018, 07:02 PM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                X