[2E] Gathra & Social Manuvering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
    Then it's not even Hard Leverage and it has nothing to do with this thread.
    Hard Leverage can and is encourage to be applied whilst Forcing Doors. If you name a spirit your sacred prey, you're honoring it, even if the honor is akin to being the main course in a cannibalistic entrance dish. Ni Daha Is a thing.

My character's rite even includes creating an artistic representation of the spirit. It's way above a perfunctory gift.
    Last edited by Malus; 05-22-2017, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
      Hard Leverage can and is encourage to be applied whilst Forcing Doors.
      Hard Leverage can only be applied whilst Forcing Doors and you explicitly can't even roll for Social Maneuvering to open a spirit's Doors without giving it something.

If you name a spirit your sacred prey, you're honoring it, even if the honor is akin to being the main course in a cannibalistic entrance dish. Ni Daha Is a thing.
      And Ni Daha doesn't elevate a spirit's relative status in the courts or put Essence in its belly.

My character's rite even includes creating an artistic representation of the spirit. It's way above a perfunctory gift.
      I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the spirit is not seeing any "benefit" out of that artistic representation being used as a targeting symbol in a rite to empower werewolves to hunt it down, particularly if it's not immediately present when you're conducting the rite.

Methods of compelling spirits to do things exist that aren't socially oriented. They aren't what the topic is about.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
      Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

If I show the spirit the focus of the rite to name a hunt over it and ask it to decide if it would keep it or if I should dedicate it to my Firstborn, the tangible benefit it gets is that it gets to keep on trucking as usual. And that can be a perfunctory gift too. Of course if the spirit can't recognize itself in the representation, the artwork wouldn't work in the rite itself. The gift given doesn't needs to benefit the spirit, it needs to be accepted only. Few thing make it surer than to going "Take this or you'll cease to be".

Comment

Working...
        X