[2E] Mortal cults as antagonists

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Mortal cults as antagonists

So I have big chronicle about Maeljin Servants in one city ( Uppsala, to be precise ). And as I want to dwell into Sacred Prey of each Tribe, filtered by the Maeljin they work for - I just wonder how to run mortals cult of Maeljin as antagonists to the Pack, for our Iron Masters to take out? I suspect those advices will work with any other cult you will posit on Iron Masters way, not demonic only.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Maeltinent can likely possess/claim host, humans, even Uratha. It's scary thought isn't it?

Comment

Draw inspiration from the likes of Pentex in Werewolf The Apocalypse. That is, make their influence so widespread and hidden that the Uratha can't just barge into some safe house and kill everyone in it.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
        Maeltinent can likely possess/claim host, humans, even Uratha. It's scary thought isn't it?
        That would be an issue for storm lords not iron masters.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Comment

You mean cultists and demon summoners? Are you asking how to make them antagonists?
          Last edited by nofather; 05-23-2017, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
            You mean cultists and demon summoners? Are you asking how to make them antagonists?
            I ask how to make the cult as proper antagonist for werewolves. What tactics would cultists apply to their workings? How much they would anticipate about weaknesses of werewolves? How influencial they can be? Some storytelling adivce on those subject will be much appreciate.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Hugely depends on what sort of group and infrastructure the cult is embedded into. A fraternity, a bunch of accountants, a high-class society of businessmen, a political party, a local gang, a labor union, and a ring of university professors all have different areas of expertise and tools of the trade they can harass werewolves with.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
                That would be an issue for storm lords not iron masters.
                So? You think every antagonist a pack (particularly a single tribe pack) would face neatly fit into their favored prey? Storm Lords would get what? A +2 to affect them with facets and/or rites?

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post

So? You think every antagonist a pack (particularly a single tribe pack) would face neatly fit into their favored prey?
                  No... but the OP specifically was talking about making a foe for Iron Masters.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
                    No... but the OP specifically was talking about making a foe for Iron Masters.
                    Cults obey a mythology that serves their figurehead, a cult headed by a Claimed is still a cult. If the themes of the game observe spiritual corruption, few things could be as corrupting. The rest of the organization is still comprises of mortals, Iron Master's given prey.

Comment

The neat thing about Mystery Cult Initiation is that mortals, Claimed, Hosts, and werewolves can have it, and there can be spirits which are fed by the cult, making the whole thing great for any pack.

I have made a mystery cult with Slenderman as a member/founder, and that cult would be particularly hard for werewolves to deal with. I am envisioning a story line where a pack member wolfblooded, mortal or even a PC werewolf that's likely to become obsessed with mysteries to get drawn into the Mystery Cult through investigating the Slenderman urban legend, and then the rest of the pack having to deal with member who has the Slender Sickness Condition, possibly confronting Slenderman to no avail.
                      Ultimately the only ways to deal with Slender Sickness is the ability to cause Amnesia, isolate the victim so they can't spread it, or kill them for the same reason.
                      Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 06-28-2017, 12:58 PM.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
                      "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Working...
                      X