[2E Hack] Sacred Hunt for everyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E Hack] Sacred Hunt for everyone

I make Sacred Hunt free for any Uratha in Tribes – that’s why this Hack is. ( If you agree with official 2E corebook party line on Siskur-Dah, best leave this topic. ) I made for any Uratha in Tribes to get for free Sacred Hunt, as introduction to their church/orgnisation. But here is more profound change – Would Wolf-Blooded in Tribes should not be able to invoke the Siskur-Dah themselves? At least Wolf-Blooded should be able to benefit Sacred Hunt invoked in the Pack – it’s, in the end, Pack hunt, not only Uratha of it. If Wolf-Blooded comes with Uratha, it should be able to benefit on the Rite. But if WB is getting benefits of Siskur-Dah – and he is member of the Tribe – maybe Wolf-Blooded should be able to invoke Sacred Hunt themselves?

In other words – If we change Sacred Hunt Rite to being Pack Rite, working on the Uratha, Wolf-Blooded or even human pack members, what would be implications of this ruling on setting? Should WB pay for it as for other Rites, if Uratha get Sacred Hunt for free after introduction to Tribe?
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 06-21-2017, 04:34 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

If your question is "how would allowing Wolf-Blooded to learn or benefit from Sacred Hunt affect the game?", why even bring up the discussion of whether or not it should be free (it already is, if you want it)? It is completely irrelevant to your actual question and only serves to bait more arguments about free Sacred Hunt and distract from the topic at hand.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Putting aside the beaten horse, you have effectively already answered this-not only is it a Wolf Rite, but by virtue of it being an intrinsic part of the Uratha condition(which is the only way anyone gets to start off with it free, because that basically implies the ability to call Siskur-Dah is a template ability that just sort of looks like a rite), you neccesarily lock out the Wolf-Blooded from learning it.

So, no, the Wolf Blooded cannot learn or use it. Nothing new per se, but for entirely different reasons.

That said, invocations of Siskur-Dah can still affect all those in the pack participating, so.
      Last edited by ArcaneArts; 05-23-2017, 03:08 PM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

First, we talk about Hack of 2E rules. In other words - home rules. So I only examine official rulings for knowing 'what I change' and what implications it can have on setting.

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
        So, no, the Wolf Blooded cannot learn or use it. Nothing new per se, but for entirely different reasons.

That said, invocations of Siskur-Dah can still affect all those in the pack participating, so.
        Official rules imply that NO, Siskur-Dah Condition does not goes to every participant, only to werewolves. Which is strange, as Wolf-Blooded are assume to be part of Tribes and gone on Hunts, from setting perspective ( like material in The Pack book ).

Official rules of Sacred Hunt Rite:

Originally posted by WtF 2E, p. 140
        Success: The rite binds hunters and prey into the Siskur-Dah. All werewolves present are cast as the hunters. The ritemaster must indicate the intended prey during the rite, which can be an individual or a group, but they do not need to be identified with precise details or names.
        The rite has three effects:
        All participating werewolves gain the Siskur-Dah Condition.
        If the Uratha bring down a spirit that is the prey of this rite, they may divide its remaining Essence amongst themselves as they see fit; this can be used to destroy a spirit by draining all its Essence and discorporating it, but doing so is usually a breaking point toward Spirit and is seen as disrespectful if done without good reason.
        The only way I can see to work for the majority of 'hunting party' it is that 'werewolf' means both Uratha and Wolf-Blooded here. Which would be breaking rules of Wolf Rites that state they only work for Uratha.
        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 05-25-2017, 03:03 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Now, to the Hack itself - Sacred Hunt Rite gives characters options they did not have normally:
          • The Blood Talon Sacred Hunt grants your character the ability to perceive the Renown brands of werewolf prey.
          • The Bone Shadow Sacred Hunt grants your character the ability to touch and strike ephemeral entities nominated as prey with her natural weapons.
          • The Hunter in Darkness Sacred Hunt grants your character the ability to sense the state of the Gauntlet in your presence.
          • The Iron Master Sacred Hunt grants your character the ability to choose which of the Lunacy Conditions she inflicts on humans while hunting the prey.
          • The Storm Lord Sacred Hunt grants your character the ability to clearly perceive prey that is possessed, Urged, or Claimed.
          Now, two of them works really only for Uratha ( Blood Talons and Iron Masters ), rest could work for Wolf-Blooded with appropriate Tell. So for Hack I posit that Wolf-Blooded can be receiver and rite master of the Sacred Hunt of it's Tribe - but benefits will work only on Uratha and those Wolf-Blooded that have compatible Tells with benefit. Beside this, all Wolf-Blooded have Siskur-Dah Condition on them in time of Hunt, until it's resolved by getting the Prey - or Pack breaks Hunt.
          Last edited by wyrdhamster; 05-25-2017, 03:18 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post

Not so, but it does have a caveat (edit: if you mean generally speaking). Wolf-Blooded / human packs with no Uratha can learn Wolf Rites, as per the Moon's Grace Merit in The Pack. It's an edge case, but there's a precedent. That being said, I don't fully follow your argument, wyrd, so I don't know if that helps any.
            Last edited by Yossarian; 05-25-2017, 03:04 PM.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
            Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post

Not so, but it does have a caveat (edit: if you mean generally speaking). Wolf-Blooded / human packs with no Uratha can learn Wolf Rites, as per the Moon's Grace Merit in The Pack. It's an edge case, but there's a precedent. That being said, I don't fully follow your argument, wyrd, so I don't know if that helps any.
              True enough, that remains a way to do it either way of the hack. Of course, the hack changes some of that context, but that's nothing that hasn't already been lost/changed.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
              Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Working...
              X