[The Pack] Example Complications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [The Pack] Example Complications

Preparing 'proper' Packs for my chronicle by the sourcebook The Pack I come to complication with Complications. I.E. There are no examples of them in the book, only short rules how too use them. From my reading, they should work somehow like 'Conditions for Packs', but I still do not have any idea what could they be. General English term 'complication' is so vast, I could easily see here mentioned particular NPCs with opposing Aspirations, natural disasters or even just 'taught luck' kind of events.

If someone have good examples of Pack's Complications - or even ideas for those - I would be more than grateful.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

The pack's territory is home to a controversial local landmark is often the site of both tourism and terrorism (moment to a historical figure hated by a large segment of society, government building with famous architecture that is also the subject of conspiracy theories, a museum or art gallery with a controversial exhibit) that causes problems for the pack's operations in said territory.

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Originally posted by The young man in the cafe View Post
      The pack's territory is home to a controversial local landmark is often the site of both tourism and terrorism (moment to a historical figure hated by a large segment of society, government building with famous architecture that is also the subject of conspiracy theories, a museum or art gallery with a controversial exhibit) that causes problems for the pack's operations in said territory.
      Sooo... something like 'Famous Locus' as Complication? I try to understand how to use Complications format in to Pack sheet.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        Preparing 'proper' Packs for my chronicle by the sourcebook The Pack I come to complication with Complications. I.E. There are no examples of them in the book, only short rules how too use them. From my reading, they should work somehow like 'Conditions for Packs', but I still do not have any idea what could they be. General English term 'complication' is so vast, I could easily see here mentioned particular NPCs with opposing Aspirations, natural disasters or even just 'taught luck' kind of events.
        I think that is intended. The complication is supposed to be anything you can think of. Perhaps your pack lacks an Itaheur making negotiation with spirits possible (-1 on all attempts to use social maneuvers on spirits). Maybe the local police force thinks the pack are part of a criminal organisation making it much harder to hunt (-1 on attempts to use stealth or investigate an area because the cops keep showing up). It is also possible that the complication is less rule based and more narrative. A neighbouring forsaken pack believes that the PC are doing a bad job at keeping the territory and try to take it over. While pursuing their actual goals the players also need to fend off incursions of the other pack. A company wants to start fracking in the territory which is sure to disturb the spirits. The players must prevent the drill from being opened, but if they just destroy the construction site the company will bill the insurance and start over, so a more permanent solution is necessary.

Comment

Okay, but HOW to hammer this on sheet? From your examples, MatthiasThalmann, Complications list for this sample pack would be:
          • No Ithaeur
          • Police on Trail
          • Greedy Neighbors packs
          • Fracking company
          And that's it?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Well, I wouldn't give the pack four complications, otherwise the players will have almost no time to deal with the actual story. But I would indeed just write down "Police on Trail" as a complication on the sheet.

Comment

The fact the police know about them, is a BIG problem for them. The Uratha should be, "Off the grid", of human-society. They need to lay low.

Comment

It's one of those perfect oath complications. The most efficient solutions would just lead to more problems.

But just being 'on their trail' is not so much a problem for world-shifting werewolves who can erase their prey from the face of the Earth. Step up the police's game, someone should notice a wolf track where there shouldn't be one.

Comment

Working...
                X