Influence: Knowledge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Influence: Knowledge

How would each level of an Influence like this work? Some basic ideas I had:

1) Strengthen - Add a bonus to a skill roll. How large of a bonus would be appropriate? What else can be done with this level?
    2) Manipulate - Add dice tricks to a skill roll?
    3) Control - Move dots in one skill to dots in another? Make someone forget knowledge they possess, or steal knowledge from someone.
    4) Create - Grants dot in a skill or a merit representing a form of knowledge. Grant raw knowledge regarding a topic.
    5) Mass Create - As above, but in multiples

Any thoughts? Is this way off?

Seems appropiate, but given the modern compartmentalization of knowledge, lesser spirits would likely specialize on specific spheres of knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
      1) Strengthen - Add a bonus to a skill roll. How large of a bonus would be appropriate? What else can be done with this level?
      Strengthen can make an existing Condition better. It could probably give Informed, providing you have some knowledge to work off of. Maybe turn Shaken to Fugue.

Any thoughts? Is this way off?
      A bit on the low end of the power scale. You could look at the Gift of Knowledge to see some other tricks. Finding or hiding information in a haystack, giving you a bio of a target character or area.
      Last edited by nofather; 06-09-2017, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
        A bit on the low end of the power scale. You could look at the Gift of Knowledge to see some other tricks. Finding or hiding information in a haystack, giving you a bio of a target character or area.
        I'll take a look, thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Bonuses are usually equal to Rank.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

Working...
          X