Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autocannibalism: A valid way to regain essence?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malus View Post

In my games, if you eat human flesh, you will potentially get addicted to it. Then the Lunes find out and point your cannibal ways to nearby righteous packs.

On the subject at hand, I lean towards no, because you'd be eating from your own pool of spirit stuff.
    Wouldn't it almost be an extraction of 'stable' spirit stuff (health / corpus) for transient spirit stuff, spendable essance

Comment

You don't take other werewolves essence from their pool when you eat them, so clearly it's separate here.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post

In my games, if you eat human flesh, you will potentially get addicted to it. Then the Lunes find out and point your cannibal ways to nearby righteous packs.

On the subject at hand, I lean towards no, because you'd be eating from your own pool of spirit stuff.
        While I agree it MUST be a Harmony Sin and is likely very addictive, I actually don't call it cannibalism if the Uratha is eating a human; Uratha aren't the same species. Still, eating something that looks like you 2/3rds of the time is pretty mind break- y xD

I've given it more thought and while still Aggravated Damage= NO, I do think it would provide Essence regardless of your own Pool. Consider, if only a moment, the hypothetical possibility that the act of eating your own flesh produces the Resonance needed to generate Essence from said act, therefor you're not consuming your own essence per say, but rather the Essence created from you doing something so powerfully jarrring emotionally and physically.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
          You don't take other werewolves essence from their pool when you eat them, so clearly it's separate here.
          My thoughts exactly

Comment

Working...
          X