Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demons and Pure Uratha

Hello everyone,
    I was lately running a campaign of Demon and my player decided to check the local mountain forest of the region he dwells in.
    The thing is that pure packs roam the deep wilderness and Mage shamans-necromancers reside in places where the forest touches the outskirts of the local mountain villages.
    Not to mention local centaur and servant-grey alien like cryptids. Maybe something more sinister roams these highlands as well.
    The thing is, how would the local pure packs react towards a demon who enters their territory in the following conditions.

a) Interrupting a camping moot
    b) Interrupting a hunting performance
    c) While fighting against a local pack
    d) While performing an important ritual.

While the highest possibility is that the pure pack will be offended, how would the demon make proper social maneuvers in order to improve position and not get hacked appart ?
    What actions would you do as story tellers in order to give the demon player a chance for good roleplaying and maybe to find some new interesting even though highly dangerous bedfellows ?

Thanks

Pure tend to be dismissive towards humans, at beast. At worst they would hunt and eat the demon.

If the Demon proved they were capable of great power, things would change drastically but a lot would depend on the Pure and Demon involved. Specifically what tribe the werewolves are, and what the Demon's disposition is like. The Predator Kings tend to seem like the more 'barbaric' traditional werewolves, living without much in the way of manmade things, often on the hunt. Ivory Claws are the more human-oriented group, stalking among corridors of power like the stereotypical vampire, using their wolf in sheep's disguise act to manipulate things to their liking. And Fire-Touched abandon themselves in the Shadow and its predatory madness. If it's a mixed pack you might have a harder time of it. Predator Kings might deign to be impressed by a Demon who shows he respects the hunt and can take down big things. Being merciless towards human prey would probably be a plus. Ivory Claws would probably be standoffish, but if you could prove your value in regards to social situations and resources they would probably glom on, viewing it as taking advantage of the Demon but leaving themselves open to be taken advantage of. Fire-Touched would probably be the toughest to impress without special skills, I believe there's an ephemeral cover ability that would go a long way to proving yourself to them, or at least getting on their side.

In any case, pointing out any God-Machine meddling in the area might get them focused on that, especially if it's described in a dangerous and indomitable fashion, or one that disrespects the Hisil somehow.

Just thought of this, regarding the Ivory Claws, playing up a respect to one's parents or creator might help. If it ever came up, blowing your cover by explaining how the God Machine crafted you and you rejected it would be a big mark against you. It's basically what the Forsaken did, in Pure eyes.

For the different encounters, a moot might be the best one to interrupt, as you can just approach peacefully, along with combat against a local pack, because if they're Forsaken you can make your side known. Interrupting a hunt would likely piss off the Predator Kings and, considering its when werewolves are their most powerful, might be dangerous to yourself. Interrupting a ritual could be dangerous as well, since they tend to be important and are often timed especially. It would suck if you waited twenty years for the stars to be right only for someone to wander in and blow everything.
    Last edited by nofather; 06-25-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

What could have happened if the demon talked in the spirit laguage ? Would that affect his first impression at all ?
      What might happen in the case of a multi tribal pack ? It would be up to the pack leader ?

Comment

Originally posted by Story Letter View Post
        What could have happened if the demon talked in the spirit laguage ? Would that affect his first impression at all ?
        It would probably help. You'd instantly turn from 'human' to 'someone who knows something.'

What might happen in the case of a multi tribal pack ? It would be up to the pack leader ?
        Most likely. Not all packs work off the alpha paradigm but it is a standard way to go, especially with the Pure. The totem might have some sway in the matter, too.

Comment

Demons can enter hisil with uratha help ? It is mentioned that the Godmachine rarely can exist there, maybe that could help if the Demon offered to help in a hishil hunting ?
          If he can enter with the pure there, he can enter in Cover form or has to take demon form ? This is probably more related to demon forum but it can complicate things with werewolf relations so I give it a shot.

Comment

The Exploit Rip the Gates can open a portal to the Shadow. Some werewolves might like that. Others will be entirely displeased. I'm fairly certain a demon can enter the Hisil while under Cover, though the Demonic Form provides a greater chance for survival while there.

I think a little preparation beforehand could also go a long way toward smoothing over relationships. As mentioned, Ephemeral Cover can disguise a demon as a spirit. Or, depending on what the demon looks like and how savvy a given pack is, the demon could just approach the werewolves in Demonic Form, present itself as a type of spirit, and hope that being a perfect liar applies to shapeshifters with superhuman senses. Pacts can also go a long way, either with the werewolves themselves (offering to make them superior predators in exchange for aspects of their lives they may want to rid themselves of anyway) or with peripheral pack members (maybe even claiming the soul of a human packmate to do some initial reconnaissance).

Comment

Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
              the demon could just approach the werewolves in Demonic Form

It might not help much .. he is mostly a fire type pokemon .. errr monster.

perfect liar
              Yup that could help alot

Comment

Just pray to Urfarah your demon isn't technological in appearance- Predator Kings will immediately see them as weak and impure without exception, assuming they are staunch adherents to Dire Wolf teachings.

Comment

(offering to make them superior predators in exchange for aspects of their lives they may want to rid themselves of anyway)
                  Questions:
                  Is vulnerability to Silver an aspect the Pure can trade away, and what would be included in that deal?
                  Would offering take their old human identity for Predator kings in exchange for being better hunters be the best win/win deal ever?
                  Can a Demon remove "lesser" parts of an Ivory Claw's lineage to make a lineage for a Cover, leaving the Ivory Claw with a more prestegous lineage?
                  Can a Demon remove someone's ability to hear lies for a Firetouched?
                  Can a Demon offer freedom of to wolfblood by taking their pack membership as part of a deal?

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
                  "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Originally posted by Pale_Crusader View Post
                    Questions:
                    Is vulnerability to Silver an aspect the Pure can trade away, and what would be included in that deal?
                    Would offering take their old human identity for Predator kings in exchange for being better hunters be the best win/win deal ever?
                    Can a Demon remove "lesser" parts of an Ivory Claw's lineage to make a lineage for a Cover, leaving the Ivory Claw with a more prestegous lineage?
                    Can a Demon offer freedom of to wolfblood by taking their pack membership as part of a deal?
                    I would say no to the first, yes to all the rest, except for the one about hearing lies. I am not very well-read on the Pure, so I'm not sure what you mean by that. I would say probably not though, since the purpose of Pacting on the Unchained's end is to gather external connections to provide their Covers with a legitimate existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post
                      Just pray to Urfarah your demon isn't technological in appearance
                      No he is not, but he is a huge and bizzare fire monster, more like a hellishly alien fire spirit.

Comment

Well, he might get mistaken for an Idigam at first, but other than that...

Comment

Originally posted by Pale_Crusader View Post

Questions:

I don't think a conversation with a pure pack will go to that direction, monsters in the WoD don't give away important stuff without shedding a serious amount of blood with the good or bad meaning.

The pact thing though would take really smooth roleplaying, maybe a pack member in need or a desire like ''I really wish that country girl to fall in love with the real me'' kind of pact for a predator king , or ''give me sight beyond sight'' for a fire touched. But such is a plan for the long run, plus I am not the player of the demon.
                          Last edited by Story Letter; 06-26-2017, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Story Letter View Post

No he is not, but he is a huge and bizzare fire monster, more like a hellishly alien fire spirit.
                            I know, I was just giving that tidbit of advice in case any of the other demons encounter the Pure lol. But since he is fiery, he might hit an accord with the Fire-Touched, faith is a disease and conflagration all at once to them. At the same time, if they would ever learn that unchained had the power to lie so perfectly that only personally knowing the exact truths the demon in question is trying to fudge can reveal said false statements... yeah there will be lynchings and and possible nomming in the future.
                            Last edited by Korogra; 06-26-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Really, providing they aren't squeamish, the Pure are probably the best werewolves for a Demon to run into. They have a fair amount in common, the Pure aren't squeamish about dealing with other monsters, except in certain situations, they won't automatically see something who deals in souls as a monster that must be hunted down. They've both left their progenitor being.

From the Demon Storyteller Guide, p127. 'The Unchained have even learned that werewolves have their own demonic equivalents. These “pure” beings reject their god’s command and strive to tear down the boundaries between spirit and flesh, returning the world to before Luna imposed her will on reality. These parallels to their own situation intrigue some demons into learning more, gathering sufficient data to conclude what link werewolves have to the God-Machine, if any.'

A particularly canny Pure might be able to sense some of the Demon's motives and use their own story to make it feel like they're comrades. Or the other way around.
                              Last edited by nofather; 06-26-2017, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X