X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auspice Gifts and Renown Raises Question

Hello, everyone!

I have a question about Gifts. In the book it is written:

"A character learns a Facet of the appropriate Renown when she gains a dot in that Renown; this costs no Experiences."

"A werewolf always has one Moon Gift associated with her auspice. She gains the appropriate Facet every time she gains a dot in her auspice Renown without spending any further Experiences."

Does this mean that:

A) When you raise your Auspice Renown the appropriate Facet they mention is the Auspice Gift's power of that level (Cunning is raised to 3, you get New Moon Gift 3).

B) When you raise your Auspice Renown the appropriate Facet they mention is a Shadow Gift Facet of Cunning from your Affinity Lists, ON TOP of the New Moon Gift at the appropriate level.

C) None of the above

Please help!

Don't follow me, I'm lost too!

I believe it is 'B', but your wording about the appropriate facet stuff is off and confusing the matter. When you raise your Auspice Renown, you get the Moon Gift facet automatically (that is the appropriate facet it is talking about), and the other stuff you'd normally get, like a Facet of a shadow gift.

I assume this is the incentive and only real benefit to raising what is supposed to be your 'core' renown. Otherwise there is no real benefit to raising it over the others.

From the book, page 99, under Renown--

"As your character increases in Renown, she also increases
    her Gift dice pools and hunter’s aspect rolls, and she also
    gains Facets of her Gifts. Each time your character increases
    her auspice Renown, she unlocks a Facet of her Moon Gift.
    Every time she increases any Renown, she gains a Facet of a
    Shadow or Wolf Gift. Her total Renown also determines her
    effective Spirit Rank (p. 183), according to the chart below."

Specifically --> "Each time your character increases her auspice Renown, she unlocks a Facet of her Moon Gift. Every time she increases any Renown, she gains a Facet of a Shadow or Wolf Gift."

Seems to make it rather clear you get both. It's the benefit to raising your auspice Renown.

Comment

B. When an Irraka raises Cunning, sbe gets a Cunning Facet of one of her Shadow Gifts, AND she gets the next dot of her Moon Gift.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

B. This kind of inquire pops every two weeks in the board.

Comment

Working...
        X