Want Help with High Primal Urge NPC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want Help with High Primal Urge NPC

I'm planning an ancient hunter werewolf who's over a century old to menace my PCs. Specifically I need some help coming up with good Bans that they've developed.

Some background: the game takes place in downtown Austin, TX. The major themes of the game are of territorial identity. The NPC was a Lipan Apache back in the 1830s, and was an Uratha for most of the rest of that century before hitting PU 6+.

As they've passed into legend at this point, the Blood Talons, Iron Masters, Storm Lords, and Hunters in Darkness claim he was originally part of their tribe. The stories I've come up with involve him hunting a Comanche war party of 50+ that was also compromised by beshilu (or possibly Ridden depending on who's telling the story) for three weeks, single handedly taking on a pack of Predator Kings, helping to chase the Fire-Touched and Ivory Claws out of central Texas by creating a protectorate of Forsaken packs, and killing the spirit who ruled over the Colorado River at the turn of the century.

For the 20th century their legend gets darker and tragic. I haven't flashed out details, but their Flesh Touchstones died (either because of Rage or enemies or just the shitty nature of the world) they started hunting Pure and eventually Pure sympathizers among the Forsaken and Ghost Wolves. Then they supposedly retreated into the Shadow to die.

Naturally they are still alive, more sprit than flesh. They Hunt the spirit megafauna endlessly as a source of sustenance and Essence.

Ideas for Bans so far are being unable to hunt Uratha with Harmony 5, having to prioritize attacking Pure, having to announce themselves nightly to their prey, or having to den at an Apache trailhead during their Auspice moon or something.

Thanks in advance for the help!

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
    Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
    He/him pronouns, please

Originally posted by BigDamnHero View Post
    Ideas for Bans so far are being unable to hunt Uratha with Harmony 5, having to prioritize attacking Pure, having to announce themselves nightly to their prey, or having to den at an Apache trailhead during their Auspice moon or something.
    I don't think the Harmony 5 thing would make them prioritize Pure. Forsaken and Pure are both easily capable of not being Harmony 5, and fluctuate around a lot.

If you did want to focus on the Pure, though, you could have it be something like 'must eradicate known Pure packs in territory.' And from there you could place an emphasis on the 'packs' part, making it so they have to go out and kill even spirits and animals that might be parts of their pack, or you could emphasize the 'eradicate' part, and make it so the werewolf had to leave no trace of the Pure whatsoever, devouring them fully from the world.

We had a thread about high Primal Urge werewolves. Acrozatarim's sort of blew everyone else's out of the water, in my opinion, and you might check on that one if you're going for Primal Urge 10. Note the Stainless Harmony aspect.

Comment

I didn't know about the other thread, thanks for the link and the ideas.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
      He/him pronouns, please

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post

I don't think the Harmony 5 thing would make them prioritize Pure. Forsaken and Pure are both easily capable of not being Harmony 5, and fluctuate around a lot.
        Yeah I know, the Harmony 5 thing and the Pure focus were separate ideas.

He/him pronouns, please

Comment

Working...
        X