[2E] Moon Phase of Auspice mechanical influance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Moon Phase of Auspice mechanical influance

Try to understand whole influance of Moon Phase of your Auspice on your Uratha character. Someone complied it? As rules are scattered over 2E rulebook.

Edit: List of benefits of Auspice Moon on the sky for Forsaken (from answers) :
    • The first time an Uratha sees her auspice moon at night, she gains a point of Essence.
    • +2 bonus to activate Gifts Facets
    • Moon Kissed Merit gives you +4 from Willpower dice for the associated Auspice Skill and 9-Again on Skill.
    • Potential Modifier for Auspice Gift or Rite.
    • Lets the Moon-Marked Tell Boon work.
    Drawback of Auspice Moon:
    • Potential Death Rage Trigger
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 05-19-2018, 11:29 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

The first time an Uratha sees her auspice moon at night, she gains a point of Essence.

Moon Kissed Merit gives you +4 from Willpower dice for the associated Auspice Skill.

Potential Modifier for Auspice Gift or Rite.
    Potential Trigger.

Lets the Moon-Marked Tell Boon work.

Comment

Free dot in one of three Auspice Skills (see also the Moon-Kissed Merit), free dot in Auspice Renown, default Renown for Clash of Wills, Hunter's Aspect, Auspice benefit as per auspice writeup, available Moon Gifts, at least two Shadow Gift affinities, +2 to Facet rolls during your auspice moon phase, +1 bonus to rolls for rites you're the ritemaster for while your auspice moon is in the sky, regain a point of Essence the first time you see your auspice moon in a night.

Most of that is in the character creation section like you'd expect.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
      Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

I meant things like there is Full Moon that night - and how this influenca mechanics for the Rahu across country.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
          I meant things like there is Full Moon that night - and how this influenca mechanics for the Rahu across country.
          I answered that in my post. There's some 'feeling' things but you specifically asked for mechanics. Fortunately there's not many.

Comment

IIRC, you added your Auspice Renown to your duration in gauru in 1e, but that seems to have been dropped.

LFP: American Carnage (Werewolf: the Forsaken)

Comment

Originally posted by Verge View Post
              IIRC, you added your Auspice Renown to your duration in gauru in 1e, but that seems to have been dropped.
              It's a Rage Gift now, Honor Facet. Not limited to during your Auspice Moon phase.
              Last edited by nofather; 07-02-2017, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post

It's a Rage Gift now, Honor Facet. Not limited to during your Auspice Moon phase.
                Which makes it a Blood Talon affinity. However, if a ST so desired, he could reintroduce the duration bonus to all Auspices without having to rework Perfected Rage.

I think originally that rule was intended to invoke the full moon mythos, but the Sacred Hunt does that now, and without disadvantaging the Pure.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                  Moon Kissed Merit gives you +4 from Willpower dice for the associated Auspice Skill.
                  And 9 again in that skill, or 8 again if you already have 9 again.

Comment

Originally posted by Verge View Post
                    I think originally that rule was intended to invoke the full moon mythos, but the Sacred Hunt does that now, and without disadvantaging the Pure.
                    How Sacred Hunt is invoking full moon mythos? Siskur-Dah is totally conscious decision to hunt Prey - as it is Ritual to perform - were popculture mythos is all about instincts forced hunting on humans under Full Moon.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

It's the notion of werewolves hunting on a regular cycle, rather than total loss of control. That is, it's a thematic shout-out to the traditional full moon werewolf attack, rather than a literal implementation of it. A mature pack of Uratha is hunting on a schedule measured in months, up until one hits Primal-Urge 5, anyway.

And to say it's a conscious decision, that's not entirely true. Once the hunt is due, refusing to hunt becomes a dangerous choice. Werewolves who have struck a balanced Harmony are at risk of spiralling toward the Flesh extreme, making them easier to trigger. Low-Harmony wolves still have to deal with Essence loss, which can make it difficult to keep from blasting into gauru at the first sign of a fight. That this becomes a problem once every 4 weeks is where my argument lies.

Give or take: I'm pretty shitty on schedules myself...

Comment

Continuing main topic - I try to use constant penalties for senses related actions at night for everyone, based on Moon Phase. It works like this:
                        • On New Moon is -2 penalty
                        • At Full Moon it's no penalty ( as it's 'almost bright as in day' )
                        • At any other Moon Phase it's -1 penalty
                        Simple and elegant. It's also nicely highlight that 'Irraka are secretive and always up to something' and 'Rahu wants simple and straight forward answers, like in day'. And I want to point that Uratha have all bonus to senses related actions in any form, even in human Hishu they have +1 bonus. So werewolves still have slight edge in night over any other enemy.
                        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 12-11-2017, 12:48 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Uratha senses are generally beyond mere darkness to penalize.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
                            Uratha senses are generally beyond mere darkness to penalize.
                            Got any quote from 2E corebook on that?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

'Further, if she would normally suffer penalties due to deprivation (blindness, strong scents, or deafness), her other senses compensate, negating those penalties entirely.'

Comment

Working...
                              X