[2E] Predator Kings in urban setting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Predator Kings in urban setting

Something that rose in other topic, but that cannot make me stop thinking about it in context of Predator Kings Tribal Ban - 'Honor Nothing of Human Craft'. With 2E Harmony rules it would mean that Predator Kings in urban environment in time of only a week will become Ziir, on spirit side, monster with Harmony 0 – from what I see. I probably miss something – point me where.

For now, we have this:
    Originally posted by Malus View Post

Because every Predator King faithfully adheres to his tribal ban & oath. No, really. Wait, there's a whole section in the Pure handbook about how a sizable population of them don't have the Harmony or care to give a damn about it.
    Originally posted by nofather View Post
    There's even a lodge devoted to eschewing it. They keep in touch by carrying something they made themselves, which means it's not of human craft. Making Penance is a big thing in the Predator Kings.

The Pure, p100, 'Sarah Grey-Howler skips from corporation to corporation, leaving a trail of hidden fraud dealings behind her and racking up influential contacts in many companies just as she builds up huge savings scattered across several bank accounts. She tries her best to make her own clothes, but her initial good intentions waned and now she breaks her tribal ban every morning as she dresses and drives to work in her BMW. Her one attempt to stave off penance as long as she can is her pale leather jacket, made from the skin of a would-be rapist in the city park. She regrets that her position draws her away from Dire Wolf’s favor and that she must struggle to maintain Harmony, but she believes the advantages of such a lifestyle outweigh the negative aspects. Every year, she tells herself that it’ll be just one more year before she goes into the wilds for good, but the vow is half-hearted and always ignored, if never quite forgotten.'

There's also more urban monsters, living like homeless thus not receiving shelter made by humans. And of course if you have wolf-blooded and werewolves with Crafts you could probably get a nice house built.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 07-13-2017, 03:56 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Isn't breaking the Oath in 2e a flesh breaking point? Easily balanced by the tribe's predilection for cannibalism.

Comment

Yeah if anything they would have to work extra hard to be able to maintain their werewolf-ness.

Comment

Isn't breaking the Oath in 2e a flesh breaking point? Easily balanced by the tribe's predilection for cannibalism.

Cruel aggressive Predator Kings hunting and devour humans in order to remain in the city somehow strangely seem perversely "balanced".
        Live a life surrounded by and filled with human material trappings but being a worse monster that devours humans because of it.
        With that standard Harmony format you need to break in neither direction to maintain balance or break in both directions evenly.
        Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 07-13-2017, 02:22 PM.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
        "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

They seem a lot scarier in this edition, with the sacred prey they're not just barbarians they have a cause that aligns them more with Dire Wolf. The ways they might balance their Harmony shifts from operating more fully in the city just makes it better. My werewolf was brutal but relatively tame. A werewolf who decided they wanted to punish humanity for abandoning the hunt would be more vicious than a Slasher.

Comment

If the phrasing is "Honor nothing of Human Craft", it seems like it'd be easy to circumvent if you just are overtly disrespectful of it enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Seidmadr View Post
              If the phrasing is "Honor nothing of Human Craft", it seems like it'd be easy to circumvent if you just are overtly disrespectful of it enough.
              "Eat my balls, Siri, text Bob that we're on our way." *tucks iPhone into buttcrack*
              *starts car, places open mug of coffee on dashboard, refuses to use turn signals, leaves chains on tires off-season"
              *never zips fly or ties shoes, wears baseball cap backwards"
              *pirates movies and music*
              *asks for ketchup at steakhouse*

LFP: American Carnage (Werewolf: the Forsaken)

Comment

my linage of surviving Neanderthal Predator Kings could just have their non-uratha packmates build everything ( it is one of them lost valley time forgot deals).
                Last edited by The young man in the cafe; 07-16-2017, 12:03 PM.

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Wolfblooded are still human.

Comment

Wolfblooded are still human.
                    ​In this lost valley case, the wolf-bloods are Neanderthals too.

Comment

To get back on topic, Urban PKs probably live in the wilder areas of their cities where humans don't really go, here in Savannah, that would mean some of the islands near by, some of which have no human residents. In Atlanta, it would be one of the many large parks in the city, just as central park could house PKs in New York. In LA, it would be Griffith Park (can't to see that in Yossarain's VtrB AP).

Comment

Working...
                      X