(simple question) Werewolves and spirits in twilight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (simple question) Werewolves and spirits in twilight

I had my first forsaken game in a long time this week and we ran into something that I failed to find in the books. How does werewolves deal with spirits in twilight? I tried searching the books but came up empty handed other than having enough reknown to be considered 2 ranks higher than a spirit (at which point the werewolves attacks are considered to be banes). Can someone point me in the right direction?

Originally posted by Gemstone View Post
    I had my first forsaken game in a long time this week and we ran into something that I failed to find in the books. How does werewolves deal with spirits in twilight? I tried searching the books but came up empty handed other than having enough reknown to be considered 2 ranks higher than a spirit (at which point the werewolves attacks are considered to be banes). Can someone point me in the right direction?
    Banes, and the Bone Shadows' Sacred Hunt

Comment

This comes up sometimes, we've talked about it here. Seidmadr's got the big two.

Packs are also going to have at least one member in spirit form, their totem, who can attack in Twilight. There's also the Whisper Knife fetish and the Barghest Gift, which only works on Death-related spirits. Gifts that work similarly for other kinds of spirits likely exist.

There's also the Twilight Purge rite, but that's more on the high end of things.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Seeing how our group is small and none of them is a bone shadow, I'm going to have to figure out a way to deal with this.

Comment

Re: Spirits in Twilight

Werewolves can perceive Twilight Spirits by default - relevant text posted below.

The werewolf does not need to focus in order to sense spirits in Twilight. Unless the spirit is intentionally trying to hide, Uratha sense spirits in Twilight as well as they would manifested. (wtf2 - pg. 95)
          Last edited by Reighnhell; 07-22-2017, 08:05 AM.

Curios, Relics, and Tomes - A collection of Relics (Cursed and Otherwise)
          The Horror Lab - A collection of Beasts, Monsters and less definable things.
          Strange Places - A collection of Dark, Mysterious, and Wondrous Locations
          Twilight Menagerie - A collection of Ephemeral Entities

Comment

On the renown department, things like Symbolic Focus and the Purity Facet of Warding would allow you to reach that rank artificially.

Comment

Originally posted by Seidmadr View Post

Banes, and the Bone Shadows' Sacred Hunt
              Don't forget the Uratha's bite count as an Universal Bane if their honorary Rank is 2 greater than the Spirit 's actual Rank. Bigger spirits require a bit more effort, of course

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
              "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

There's also a facet that raises your effective rank by two in a particular area, which essentially means you can act as a bane to anything less than or equal to your rank.

Which is useful as it's the only way to get that benefit for rank 4 or 5 spirits.

Comment

Working...
                X