Urhanu – WtF wolf based werewolves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
    But how intelligent does the fluff describe them as sounding? Just because you can communicate doesn't mean they are on adult human level. Granted, some of them might be, but who knows.
    I do not want to break any ones noble images, but animals generały thinks 'eat, play, sex or other-things-needed-by-specie'. Cats have literal times when they CRY they want sex ( I'm two female cats owner, I know ). I think if you are werewolf and ask real she-wolf in 'wolf speak' like 'Do you like to mate with me?' and she answer 'Sure!' - you REALLY are as near concent from animal you gonna get. Animals are not sentient ( at least for now ) and they do not have reported deep thoughts - they have instincts, needs and 'fondness' for some beings/people. ( We should generally treat animal as 'smaller people', but they really want to mate / have sex with good looking animal partners. )
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 08-03-2017, 02:38 PM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I think mandatory gaining of either Embarrassing Secret or Notorious Conditions, with violation of the Oath of the Moon as the icing on that cake would be discouraging. Making it not viable for reproduction seems neither more nor less than real life, as in real life its always not viable for reproduction, and wanting a child that will likely be raised with either periods of starvation, dangerous fights, exposure to diseases, and other factors that cause reaching maturity to rates similar to unpleasant third-world countries, or alternatively being raised into what amounts to captivity is more harsh than even hard line Predator Kings or Ivory Claws would care for (though kennel breeding programs offer a tempting level of inconspicuous control over lineages, with a bonus of rapid generation rate might tempt the later).

It is important to understand both humans and wolves are opportunistic and pragmatic animals, thus Uratha are especially so, so if there is an opportunity that could be exploited likely some Uratha somewhere would be considering or actually doing it.
      Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 08-03-2017, 05:22 PM.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
      "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Pale_Crusader I resent your notion that somehow having a family in the "third world" is unethical.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
          Pale_Crusader I resent your notion that somehow having a family in the "third world" is unethical.

Hello Malus,

First that isn't a notion I have, so any feelings of resentment you may hold are misplaced. Second, "harsh" does not equate to "unethical". Third is political and off topic because of your use of quotes on third world, so it's in these spoilers/quotes:
          Also Third World is a common vernacular for developing nations to differentiate them from Western Capitalist nations and the Communist Bloc coined by Alfred Sauvy in the 1950's does not require quotations unless you think it is a pejorative, which in my opinion it is not because I understand the historical context of the phrase (two massive coalitions of powers and principalities against each other with everyone else in the middle, so to speak) .

As to not distract from a conversation about fictional supernatural part-animal-part-spirit-part-human parents allowing their offspring to starve, get sick and fight as literal wild animals.

Humans tend to want more safety and security for their offspring than they had, which is a driving force for why civilizations have risen, knowledge and technology progresses. Basically people with hope for greater opportunities and pursuing them to its logical conclusion, slowly accumulating to our present day, with occasional localized dark ages indicating breaks in the systems.

This is not a matter of ethics, it is driven by a reaction of instinctual reactions caused by natural common mammalian emotional attachments to offspring with the ability to reason. It is neither moral nor immoral, ethical nor unethical but rather an observable fact. I am saying it would be emotionally hard to go through high child mortality rate, especially as a deliberate choice when the option to raise children in civilization which is much safer and comfortable even at the most impoverished end of the spectrum than being a wild animal is available. It may in fact be more ethical to opt out of a comfortable life of consumption and consumerism, but that does not often happen among real life beings able to reason so I think it would be equally emotionally difficult for fictional beings with the ability to reason and mammalian comfort-seeking/nurturing instincts.

Again harsh does not equate to unethical, and the presumption it does seems odd to me.
          Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 08-04-2017, 11:53 AM.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
          "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Working...
          X