Werewolves in woods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Werewolves in woods

So this may seems strange question, but what Forsaken Tribes could live in woods? Of course first answer could be Hunters in Darkness – as most Nature related Tribe – but this time it does not work with storyline in my mind. Countered they are probably by Predator Kings, those Uratha most devoted to eschewing civilisation – but those are Pure.

I have Viking Era plotline around year 800 A.D. about massacred Forsaken pack ( Bale Hounds, in reality ) that live ‘as wolves’ in forest near Iona monastery. Most logical would be to use Hunters in Darkness – BUT I need this rest of pack to join my Forsaken Viking PCs.

Meninna are rather obsessive on guarding one place – "Let No Sacred Place in Your Territory Be Violated" – and I cannot see them just leaving their original Territory when PCs come. So I look for other Tribe of Moon that could like living in woods.

Even if I love Iron Masters myself, I would try to miss them on this subject – Masters are ‘civilization werewolves’ in my games, and I try to stick to it. They also hunts humans, so in woods they would not have many Sacred Preys.

Storm Lords are all about showing and expressing inner strength – and living in forest is much more harder than in villages. Also, Spirit-Urged or Claimed can easily be humans OR animals. I think that Iminir hunting ‘monstrous spiders’ ( not Azlu ) or ‘royal animals’ ( semi-Pangeans made from superClaimed ) is more than viable in woods setting. They are loners – on ‘not showing weakness’ side – but they also want to lead and going to foreign land, when you lose your own battles, maybe answer here? There is also thread of that his massacre was made by vampires using humans in battle with local pack – and Storm Lords are known to ‘mistaken’ other monsters for next Claimed they need to hunt – so it’s next plotline reason to use them.

Blood Talons are everywhere where other werewolves are. I could use them in woods setting, but they do not seems are any more appropriate as other Tribes. On the other hand, Suthar Anzuth are more about proper WAR than simple hunting – and this is somehow more human thing, easier to be done in civilized lands. They can be backup plan.

Bone Shadows are everywhere where are dead or secrets – early Middle Ages woods have plenty of both, so Hirfathra Hissu could be my answer. They also are most curious of they kind, so easily would hop on boats with PCs. And worshiping dark powers is really only question of point of view. It’s so good pick, I’m worried it’s too easy choice.

So I want to hear your thoughts on those – I now wonder mostly on using Storm Lords or Bone Shadows. Lords seems to make good opportunity to show Tribe in it’s strong and weak side – but I’m still consider they eagerness to travel, even in eyes of obvious defeat. Bone Shadows are just ( maybe ) too easy pick.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Iron Masters might live in the woods and just watch over humanity from afar, only intervening when they really need to.

If Predator Kings live in the woods there's no reason Blood Talons shouldn't.

I mean, really, anyone could live in the woods. The only tribe that's hard to imagine living in the woods is the Ivory Claws, because they have a sort of 'above everyone else' type of thing going for them.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
      Iron Masters might live in the woods and just watch over humanity from afar, only intervening when they really need to.

If Predator Kings live in the woods there's no reason Blood Talons shouldn't.

I mean, really, anyone could live in the woods. The only tribe that's hard to imagine living in the woods is the Ivory Claws, because they have a sort of 'above everyone else' type of thing going for them.
      Gotta put your estates somewhere away from the unwashed masses.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
        Gotta put your estates somewhere away from the unwashed masses.
        Exactly. But even in just 'wilderness' you can still have a prime spot of some sort.

Last edited by nofather; 08-01-2017, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
          If Predator Kings live in the woods there's no reason Blood Talons shouldn't..
          This exact thought occurred to me as well. That would mean penciling in a nearby Predator King or other Pure pack for the Blood Talons to be fighting, perhaps Ivory Claws have the local villages firmly in their control and the Blood Talons have to fight from the wilderness against the civilized Pure and their wolf blooded pack members. Clearing out the local Pure problem would be a great motivator to get Blood Talons to move to places with more of their sacred prey...

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
          "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Working...
          X