Tribes members as Bale Hounds heretics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribes members as Bale Hounds heretics

Idea I got from my own chronicle – What about Tribes members that twist their own Firstborn idea to become patron of Bale Hounds cause? In other words – Bale Hounds that are using their original Tribe dogma to sustain rules of Maeljin ultimate victory. Probably example will work best on what I have in my mind…

Storm Lords as Bale Hounds

Winter is harsh. Winter kills those that are too weak to live. Winter Wolf – as his title says – want’s, in the end, everlasting Winter. And with Winter, all humanity will die. Only strongest will survive – and strongest are Uratha. And strongest of Uratha – are Storm Lords. So let bring down Winter now and end suffering of humanity NOW! Maeljin just give us nice toys for easing this necessary transition – it would be Skolis-Ur who would be last, in everlasting cold of world. He and our own brood!

So I hope you get better idea what I want to get with this kind heretical views inside of Tribes, both Forsaken and Pure.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 08-04-2017, 05:29 PM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Wyrd, I don't think I know of any other Werewolf players that use the Bale Hounds as heavily as you do. I'm glad it's working for your group.

2E Legacy Updates
    Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
    Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
    Storm Keepers

Comment

Originally posted by Caladriu View Post
      Wyrd, I don't think I know of any other Werewolf players that use the Bale Hounds as heavily as you do. I'm glad it's working for your group.
      Thanks? I'm just running second chronicle about them - and finding their dogma very appeling in perverting classical Forsaken vs Pure conflicts. My players are not whinning on overusing Bale Hounds - at least for now.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        Storm Lords as Bale Hounds

Winter is harsh. Winter kills those that are too weak to live. Winter Wolf – as his title says – want’s, in the end, everlasting Winter. And with Winter, all humanity will die. Only strongest will survive – and strongest are Uratha. And strongest of Uratha – are Storm Lords. So let bring down Winter now and end suffering of humanity NOW! Maeljin just give us nice toys for easing this necessary transition – it would be Skolis-Ur who would be last, in everlasting cold of world. He and our own brood!
        Thing is, I don't think that's heretical. It's an extremist view, but I think it would be a valid one. It would be more of a Pure stance to take than a Forsaken one, but again, valid.

Plus the Maeljin don't want everyone dead.
        Last edited by nofather; 08-04-2017, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
          So true, there are worse things than death...

Ivory Claws
          Lineage and thus breeding is everything... (Remove consent and any compassion/decency from that equation and Ivory Claw based Lust Balehounds would have a horrific field-day)
          Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 08-04-2017, 06:05 PM.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
          "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

No, Maeljin, in the end, want the end of EVERYTHING. Killing everyone other than heretics is basiclly first ( or 'three till end'? ) step to this master plan...

Originally posted by Blasphemies, p.118
            The Hounds of Sloth tend to be more philosophical as a group. As a resonance, Sloth itself offers very little active joy worth pursuing; rather, Sloth is appealing as an absence of unpleasantness. The true appeal of Beliar’s path is the theory that Beliar will eventually triumph over all Maeljin. Eventually, the other Maeljin will run out of things to covet or despise; even they will inevitably run out of energy. As the universe tilts on toward ultimate entropy, Beliar gains more strength. At the end of it all, when none of the stars are left to bother with light, the lord of Sloth will be the entirety of creation. Cynical Na’aki-Rihur see the hand of inevitable triumph in human culture, as the mortals lose more and more of their own desire to achieve anything more than “getting by.”

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I was just thinking of Bale Hound gifts for corrupting the various Tribes this morning.

For Storm Lord's, I was thinking granting them command over Claimed (or at least Corrupted/Wound Claimed). Sure they could command them out of their hosts... but they could also have servants. The power would even extend to themselves being Claimed (at least, as long as they have the Gift...).

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

That's just Beliar. There's at least 8 other Maeljin who require life to exist, and it doesn't matter how many people Bale Hounds of Beliar kill, as the heat death of the universe is out of their hands. Simply trying to make it happen, or trying to influence humanity to more action, goes against his will.

A better example of a Storm Lords Bale Hound Lodge would be one that actively promotes the twisted 'survival of the fittest' mindset. Not killing humans, but getting humans to settle arguments through violence. Promoting human on human violence, not necessarily to kill but to wound and scar and 'prove' yourself would be great for Thurifuge.

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
                For Storm Lord's, I was thinking granting them command over Claimed (or at least Corrupted/Wound Claimed). Sure they could command them out of their hosts... but they could also have servants. The power would even extend to themselves being Claimed (at least, as long as they have the Gift...).
                See that would be a good heretical path for Storm Lords. They would still have the 'strong' but it would be through also being weak, as it's a strength one can only achieve through the power of the spirit or spirits that claim you.

Hunters in Darkness would create, nourish, and grow Wounds, to the point that they would likely ensure people were corrupted by them. Bone Shadows would summon and deal with demons routinely, using them to corrupt spirits so they would do the Uratha's bidding. Blood Talons could hunt werewolves with the most renown and, instead of killing them, bring them to heel and hollow out their souls to let wounded spirits in to ride them as permanent hosts. Iron Masters would do the devil's pledges thing with humans, raising witch cults among them with the werewolf ritemaster as their patron and fulfilling their sorceries with rites and demonic pacts.
                Last edited by nofather; 08-04-2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

See that would be a good heretical path for Storm Lords. They would still have the 'strong' but it would be through also being weak, as it's a strength one can only achieve through the power of the spirit or spirits that claim you.

Hunters in Darkness would create, nourish, and grow Wounds, to the point that they would likely ensure people were corrupted by them. Bone Shadows would summon and deal with demons routinely, using them to corrupt spirits so they would do the Uratha's bidding. Blood Talons could hunt werewolves with the most renown and, instead of killing them, bring them to heel and hollow out their souls to let wounded spirits in to ride them as permanent hosts. Iron Masters would do the devil's pledges thing with humans, raising witch cults among them with the werewolf ritemaster as their patron and fulfilling their sorceries with rites and demonic pacts.
                  Pretty much my thoughts. Give them tools that at first seem like an asset for their tribe, but really just for themselves (and ultimately mocking the Tribe's Ban). Except every use benefits the Maeljin. Every Corrupted spirit and Wound the Bale Hound causes for their own advantage just advances the Maeljins' cause.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                  Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Pale_Crusader View Post
                    Ivory Claws
                    Lineage and thus breeding is everything... (Remove consent and any compassion/decency from that equation and Ivory Claw based Lust Balehounds would have a horrific field-day)
                    Isnt consent an already iffy concept to even forsaken? Like that intro fiction in Signs of the Moon, chapter Elodoth in which 2 Werewolf dispute about a Woolf Blooded as it were property

Comment

Status of wolf-blooded is one of the things that has changed in the setting into second edition.

Especially since they aren't a priority to reproduce with.

For the Ivory Claws it would be a touchy thing, with their 'honor thy father and mother' outlook.

Comment

Status of wolf-blooded is one of the things that has changed in the setting into second edition.

Especially since they aren't a priority to reproduce with.

For the Ivory Claws it would be a touchy thing, with their 'honor thy father and mother' outlook.
                        I like that wolf blooded and even mortals can be pack members but think how Lust Bale hounds would twist "honor thy mother and father" along with obcession in lineage purity could be the Uratha version of the antagonist from the movie A Cure for Wellness.
                        Spoiler for that movie:
                        It involves incestuous rape of sister until she has a daughter which survives, and eventual repeating that with the resulting daughter with healthy "pure" offspring as the goal.

Blood Talons could hunt werewolves with the most renown and, instead of killing them, bring them to heel and hollow out their souls to let wounded spirits in to ride them as permanent hosts.
                        The fact werewolves can be Claimed, robbing them of volition in this Edition adds something worse than death for a werewolf to fear. The mental image of profoundly evil werewolves restraining and torturing other werewolves to make resisting harder is very dark. Also using torture as the extended action to make the character Open for the Spirit is supported by the mechanic depending on the type of spirit, and given the types of spirits Bale hounds traffic with, it's more likely than not.
                        Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 08-05-2017, 01:03 PM.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
                        "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Working...
                        X