[2E] Lost limbs on Uratha

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Lost limbs on Uratha

In last session one of our Uratha PCs lost limbs due too Silver damage - based on general CoD Rulebook that character lose organs on large amounts of Aggravated damage. Now we wonder what does this mean to werewolf character:

1. Can Uratha simply heal mission limbs after those week to clear Aggravated damage? I recall something like that...

2. If he cannot heal it - Can he use Fetish prostetic limbs, powered by spirit in it's place?

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

As they heal the Aggravated damage, their limb regenerates.

You can choose that for story reasons it doesn't, if you really want.

Comment

Uratha heals 1 Aggravated damage in 4 days, right? So 6 Aggrs the PC would heal in under one month, right?

If yes, seeing Uratha IN this regeneration process or AFTER it - will be braking of Herd Must Not Know. So Uratha cannot reconnect to any one seeing him with returned arm? 'Oh, how' s life after battle. I heard... WHAT THE FUCK, YOU LOST ARM THERE! I SAW IT ON MY VERY EYES! '

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        If yes, seeing Uratha IN this regeneration process or AFTER it - will be braking of Herd Must Not Know. So Uratha cannot reconnect to any one seeing him with returned arm? 'Oh, how' s life after battle. I heard... WHAT THE FUCK, YOU LOST ARM THERE! I SAW IT ON MY VERY EYES! '
        Odds are if you had a battle so severe you got your arm cut off with a silver weapon in front of people, then you've already broken the Herd Must Not Know and healing isn't going to make things any worse.

If you need to skip work, or anything, you can just cover the wound and say you broke your arm and it needs time to heal.

If they pry the matter, they may face some Lunacy Breaking Points.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
          Odds are if you had a battle so severe you got your arm cut off with a silver weapon in front of people, then you've already broken the Herd Must Not Know and healing isn't going to make things any worse.
          In Viking Era, all Death Rages can be blamed on 'blessing of Odin' and PC becoming Berserker. Lunacy will clear fine details in witnesses that you were gigantic wolf instead of man in wolf's skin.

And in this particular example - Death Rages were in other part of battle ground, PC show up to human pack-/boatmates in Hishu, after Rage pass already.

If you need to skip work, or anything, you can just cover the wound and say you broke your arm and it needs time to heal.

If they pry the matter, they may face some Lunacy Breaking Points.
          But if witness saw your arms being hacked/ripped, your whole being in blood that would surely kill the men - and THEN same person see you with fully re-grown arm? How to miss his Lunacy Breaking Point? Even when witness is from Peripherals of Pack?
          Last edited by wyrdhamster; 08-06-2017, 03:59 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

And in this particular example - Death Rages were in other part of battle ground, PC show up to human pack-/boatmates in Hishu, after Rage passÄ™ already.
            Then he should have concealed his injury.

But if witness saw your arms being hacked/ripped, your whole being in blood that would surely kill the men - and THEN same person see you with fully re-grown arm? How to miss his Lunacy Breaking Point? Even when witness is from Pheripherals of Pack?
            He would face a Lunacy breaking point upon seeing a healed arm when there was no arm before. 'When a person sees a werewolf in Dalu, Gauru, or Urshul up close, or witnesses a werewolf shapeshifting or regenerating damage, she suffers a breaking point.'

The werewolf can call it a blessing from Eir. If the witness seems like they're going to call a witch hunt, then kill them. If they're fine with it, then good. You can use an Elodoth ability ensure he doesn't talk about it.

Comment

Then he should have concealed his injury.
              They found him unconscious after Death Rage passing - becoming almost 3 meters high death machine of murder does not make good you on sustaining Herd Must Now Know...

He would face a Lunacy breaking point upon seeing a healed arm when there was no arm before. 'When a person sees a werewolf in Dalu, Gauru, or Urshul up close, or witnesses a werewolf shapeshifting or regenerating damage, she suffers a breaking point.'

The werewolf can call it a blessing from Eir. If the witness seems like they're going to call a witch hunt, then kill them. If they're fine with it, then good. You can use an Elodoth ability ensure he doesn't talk about it.
              I feel a Persuasion roll on this one...

How about Peripherals of Pack - are those 'unaware' Pack members a bit more resistant to Lunacy? They are still under protection of Totem, is it not?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

They found him unconscious after Death Rage passing - becoming almost 3 meters high death machine of murder does not make good you on sustaining Herd Must Now Know...
                This is why you try not to death rage near groups of human allies. I'm guessing it was a result of being hit by a silver weapon but unless they were at the real far ends of Harmony they could have used that chance to get away, or take advantage of previously set up rites or Gifts to help resist the Death Rage, but these things aren't always available.

I feel a Persuasion roll on this one...
                It's a more pleasant way to go about it. If there's a boat they could have left the warrior behind, or the werewolf behind, have him eventually catch up to them with a new face via Skinthief. There are a lot of ways to deal with it, including ignoring it. The werewolf could face a Harmony check but those aren't exactly deleterious.

How about Peripherals of Pack - are those 'unaware' Pack members a bit more resistant to Lunacy? They are still under protection of Totem, is it not?
                No, at least not according to the book. Wolf-blooded are immune but the totem wouldn't have any influence over it unless it was a lune maybe. Besides you wouldn't want them to resist Lunacy. You want them to forget.

Comment

But if witness saw your arms being hacked/ripped, your whole being in blood that would surely kill the men - and THEN same person see you with fully re-grown arm? How to miss his Lunacy Breaking Point? Even when witness is from Peripherals of Pack?
                  If it's a single witness, then I imagine most would just let it pass. You thought they'd lost their arm, but clearly they didn't because they're standing there with both their arms. Even in Viking times, I think most people are going to roll their eyes at someone arguing the point.

Also, what are they going to do? Accusing a heavily armed Berserker of using Seidr is not a great idea.

Comment

It was boat's crew of circa 20 people - ALL of them saw his mutilated body that barley pass deaths gates. AND his lost arms.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

2. If he cannot heal it - Can he use Fetish prostetic limbs, powered by spirit in it's place?
                      NPC of mine in one game made himself an articulated wooden prosthetic hand after losing it on a spiritual bargain, powered by a little caterpillar spirit so it could shapeshift, and later a tiny spider spirit, so it would be articulated. It was a rank 3 fetish, because even if the spirits were only rank 1, they shared in the space with something that was the predator of another one. When the fetish malfunctioned, the hand (it's fingers) would try to harm the palm, which looked like clenching a fist in quick succession to no avail, faster than human reflexes were able to.
                      Last edited by Malus; 08-06-2017, 11:29 AM.

Comment

It was boat's crew of circa 20 people - ALL of them saw his mutilated body that barley pass deaths gates. AND his lost arms.
                        They wouldn't get a bonus for being part of the pack, but they would get a bonus for being in a group.

If word got out it would be considered a breach of the Oath. The last things the Uratha need are a group of 20 vikings realizing silver can be used to kill Uratha. Big mistake on the werewolf's part.

Comment

Next secret on the list of this character to cover for then - he is also Urhanu, so if someone know he really was wolf transforming to human...

<Adds second 'Secret (Arm lost)' Condition to character>

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

In last session one of our Uratha PCs lost limbs due too Silver damage - based on general CoD Rulebook that character lose organs on large amounts of Aggravated damage. Now we wonder what does this mean to werewolf character:

1. Can Uratha simply heal mission limbs after those week to clear Aggravated damage? I recall something like that...

In our games, we tend to run this a little differently, though admittedly its kind of a hold over from 1E. Essentially, if you lose a limb, normal regeneration doesn't regrow the limb, it merely closes the wound. Same for broken bones, just because it heals, doesn't mean it heals right. This makes medicine still relevant for Uratha and gives relevant options for dealing with Uratha outside of 'kill them.' To re-grow a limb, we required willpower expenditure every day along the 'will yourself not to heal' line to try to keep the wound from fully closing those allowing bone regrowth, etc.

Truth be told, we have been playing for so long, I can't recall if this was 1E RAW or if it was a hack from Reloaded, etc. We like it though, makes our wolves gritty, gnarly looking bastards if you fight a lot. We also always have silver leaving gnarly scars that don't regenerate quite right.

Comment

Originally posted by twitchblues View Post

In our games, we tend to run this a little differently, though admittedly its kind of a hold over from 1E. Essentially, if you lose a limb, normal regeneration doesn't regrow the limb, it merely closes the wound. Same for broken bones, just because it heals, doesn't mean it heals right. This makes medicine still relevant for Uratha and gives relevant options for dealing with Uratha outside of 'kill them.' To re-grow a limb, we required willpower expenditure every day along the 'will yourself not to heal' line to try to keep the wound from fully closing those allowing bone regrowth, etc.

Truth be told, we have been playing for so long, I can't recall if this was 1E RAW or if it was a hack from Reloaded, etc. We like it though, makes our wolves gritty, gnarly looking bastards if you fight a lot. We also always have silver leaving gnarly scars that don't regenerate quite right.

It was Blood of the Wolf. Regeneration and Lineage creation were heavy topics there

Reloaded added Meat Shields and Greivious Silver.

Because a werewolf with 4 health levels is obscene.

Mechs: Because even the Chronicles of Darkness needs robot fights.
                              DarkFrame: Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.
                              Monarch: The Endless You are an alien ruler, charged with maintaining a people who you shape to suit your needs.

Comment

Working...
                              X