Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would your character do ? (W:TF edition)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What would your character do ? (W:TF edition)

    I did something in the W:TA forums a couple days ago and I decided to do it here as well. The rules are simple, I give you a situation and you have to answer how your character would solve it.

    Here is the first scenario.
    ​You are currently tracking prey that is a member of a mafia family. You managed to track him down to a funeral party that is mourning the loss of his father, the Don of the family. He is currently in the funeral home shortly after the burial discussing business with his brothers. The home is heavily guarded and the goombas that surround the home won't hesitate to shoot you if you do a direct assault. What do you do?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
    I did something in the W:TA forums a couple days ago and I decided to do it here as well. The rules are simple, I give you a situation and you have to answer how your character would solve it.

    Here is the first scenario.
    ​You are currently tracking prey that is a member of a mafia family. You managed to track him down to a funeral party that is mourning the loss of his father, the Don of the family. He is currently in the funeral home shortly after the burial discussing business with his brothers. The home is heavily guarded and the goombas that surround the home won't hesitate to shoot you if you do a direct assault. What do you do?

    Go get my mage friend to solve it via space magic.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
      I did something in the W:TA forums a couple days ago and I decided to do it here as well. The rules are simple, I give you a situation and you have to answer how your character would solve it.

      Here is the first scenario.
      ​You are currently tracking prey that is a member of a mafia family. You managed to track him down to a funeral party that is mourning the loss of his father, the Don of the family. He is currently in the funeral home shortly after the burial discussing business with his brothers. The home is heavily guarded and the goombas that surround the home won't hesitate to shoot you if you do a direct assault. What do you do?
      Fun!

      My guy hasn't been played in a while but I'll use him. Realistically, he might sneak his way in, then attempt to get the target alone and kill them, then make a hasty escape. But he does try to be cunning, and he's got the Renown to show for it. His plans often go bad, but gauru is more than enough to kill a few gunmen and a room full of gangsters. Still, try to be sneakier first.

      So. Luna's Embrace and a nice black outfit to fit in with the mourning crowd. Manage to get into one-on-one conversation with target. Lay the Hunter's Aspect on him, then Gaze of the Moon with a Delusion whammy so he runs away. Once he's outside, Command Artifice and order a car to run him over.

      My character had to do something like this at a hospital once, but I think he managed to just sneak in, get the job done, then sneak out.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
        Here is the first scenario.
        ​You are currently tracking prey that is a member of a mafia family. You managed to track him down to a funeral party that is mourning the loss of his father, the Don of the family. He is currently in the funeral home shortly after the burial discussing business with his brothers. The home is heavily guarded and the goombas that surround the home won't hesitate to shoot you if you do a direct assault. What do you do?
        Assuming the objective is to kill the target, I'd get a Talen with the Catastrophe facet and drown the funerary home in flames from the shadow, while most of the high ranking members of the organization are inside for a bonus, and without evidence of my presence to earn retaliation. Yes, yes, my pack's name should be something akin to "Those who answer dispropotionately".

        Comment


        • #5
          Ok, here is a second scenario
          ​For months, you have been tracking a new prey, the head of some kind of self-help cult who some type of connection to the Azlu. As you are about to corner this prey, you are suddenly knocked out with a shovel. When you wake up, you find out you have been buried alive in a coffin. What does your character do?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
            Ok, here is a second scenario
            ​For months, you have been tracking a new prey, the head of some kind of self-help cult who some type of connection to the Azlu. As you are about to corner this prey, you are suddenly knocked out with a shovel. When you wake up, you find out you have been buried alive in a coffin. What does your character do?
            You know it's pretty damned difficult to knock out an Uratha, right?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Malus View Post

              You know it's pretty damned difficult to knock out an Uratha, right?
              Alright, I will just scrap that Scenario then.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
                Ok, here is a second scenario
                ​For months, you have been tracking a new prey, the head of some kind of self-help cult who some type of connection to the Azlu. As you are about to corner this prey, you are suddenly knocked out with a shovel. When you wake up, you find out you have been buried alive in a coffin. What does your character do?
                Kind of an easy one. Moldywarp. 'This Facet can only be used while in Dalu. The Uratha’s hands transform into broad, powerful claws that can tunnel through solid materials at a steady pace. She easily tears aside earth, rock, and concrete. The Uratha gains a tunneling Speed equal to her Strength + Cunning Renown.'

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nofather View Post
                  'Moldywarp.This Facet can only be used while in Dalu. '
                  Gift for rework detected.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Here is a other scenario
                    It is Christmas Eve. Your prey has fled into a crowded shopping center. You end up losing your prey in the crowd of thousands of holiday shoppers. What does your character do to track it down without letting the Herd know?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Story Letter View Post
                      Gift for rework detected.
                      You can just get a fetish to let you use it in different circumstances. Fetishes can alter the effects of Facets.

                      Killerclown Thinking about this one. Obviously if you've tasted their blood you can just zero in on them so presumably we're going without that.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        To the first scenario, it would depend on whether or not we were doing first edition or second edition. I've only done one werewolf character, so I'm likely to base the actions on what she'd do. Which in this case would be to infiltrate it using parkour then utilize the gift of scherezade's to cause people to sit and listen to her sing. While she was doing that, my packmates would take a more direct path, with the Warrior in our group dealing with anyone who gathers the sense to resist and getting their attention... and our irraka does what irraka do. If this were second edition, it'd be a little different because that gift isn't around anymore. Is this at night or day? If it's night, we have the advantage of vision and mobility. Parkour so that I don't have to take a direct path, find a way to the electric box, cut off the sources of their light. My entire pack then channels their inner Batman.

                        Which, now that I think of it, should always be the answer. So change my first edition answer.

                        In regards to being stuck in the coffin, I would lack the moldywarp facet unfortunately. Fortunately my pack has multiple pack related gifts, and I'd probably utilize them to alert the pack that something weird was going on with me. It's quite embarassing as a Storm Lord to require your pack to dig you out, but sometimes you have to have faith in the people around you to get you out of a situation you can't yourself. #Family

                        For the third scenario... I myself think I'd need to know more about my prey to figure out the exact method I'd use. Are they aware I am hunting them? I'm assuming in this scenario that I have not tasted their blood or done anything that would seem basic for tracking..? I can't help but feel like I would lean on my Ithaeur for this one since she spends so much of her time shopping... she probably knows the center like the back of her hand and has all sorts of spirit friends there... :P

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by nofather View Post

                          You can just get a fetish to let you use it in different circumstances. Fetishes can alter the effects of Facets.
                          I think I will stick to the rework and add the fetish later on .
                          Like that they work in all form but they give initiative penalty while using them. Or maybe that they work only in forms with hands and claws, partial transformation may make this gift possible to use in other forms.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
                            It is Christmas Eve. Your prey has fled into a crowded shopping center. You end up losing your prey in the crowd of thousands of holiday shoppers. What does your character do to track it down without letting the Herd know?
                            Might have to call in the pack for this, but that's what Hishu's for. Even if I can't use the pack my character does have good perception, and can shift into a different form in someplace private for better perception. Then we activate City Eyes to flip around until I spot him and go after him from there. Thank you, Giver of Gifts, I had been using it four all our surveillance stuff, though I didn't have it in the hospital I did have it when we were going after the vampire.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
                              Here is a other scenario
                              It is Christmas Eve. Your prey has fled into a crowded shopping center. You end up losing your prey in the crowd of thousands of holiday shoppers. What does your character do to track it down without letting the Herd know?
                              Track the prey with Impossible Spoor, follow it till it's on a more suitable spot such as near it's Safe Place and take it down.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X