Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would your character do ? (W:TF edition)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
    Here is the first scenario.
    ​You are currently tracking prey that is a member of a mafia family. You managed to track him down to a funeral party that is mourning the loss of his father, the Don of the family. He is currently in the funeral home shortly after the burial discussing business with his brothers. The home is heavily guarded and the goombas that surround the home won't hesitate to shoot you if you do a direct assault. What do you do?
    We'd of course have spent time constructing a Plan (CofD pg100). Based on what my Prophetic Dreams revealed about this part of the Siskur-Dah, the night before a ghost at the funeral home is going to have a hard time not being persuaded to push the Mafia tough guy down the stairs especially when we offer something it asks for. Fortunately, our Pack has Residential Area from our Totem and we call in a favors get access to an ambulance and some EMT uniforms, our Irraka would help convince them he needed the ride, and even if enforcers rode with us it'd be short work once we pull into somewhere we can push them out, do the slaughter, and then hose down the pavement without witnesses. Doesn't even matter if they attempt to follow use because their cars will betray them due to the Rahu's help.

Here is a other scenario
    It is Christmas Eve. Your prey has fled into a crowded shopping center. You end up losing your prey in the crowd of thousands of holiday shoppers. What does your character do to track it down without letting the Herd know?
    Make a quick Plan (CofD pg100) about covering the exits, organizing who goes where to optimize our chance of catching them leave, and wait. My Prophetic Dreams revealed to me it'd be difficult for the prey to escape our notice while leaving. If the prey isn't caught by us leaving and isn't a mere human I'd use Lore of the Land after the shopping center closes to see if it's still inside, if it is... ho-ho-ho time for a Very Merry Sacred Hunt, if you know what I mean. If we do catch it leaving then we trail it. If it is neither there nor did we catch it leaving then the Ithaeur uses Impossible Spore to pick up the trail.

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
    Scenario Four
    You've tracked your Host target to a prestigious reception. It has called its kind to attack the party and cause chaos and/or take over as many of the guests as possible. They will arrive in 1 hour. A violent incident will likely lead to a lock-down. How do you locate your Target and eliminate them without the Herd noticing? Then remove the threat of the remaining Hosts?
    Host's collecting in one spot? We can cause a lock down after they enter?! Sounds amazing!! Obviously after the lock down my Elidoth Packmate would Shutdown and All Doors Lock that place so hard. Not much for my character to do except to help carry the gas cans and turn into a slaughter machine when the killing time come. Many humans will die, but it's better than allowing them to become Hosts. Of course the building is getting burned down when we're done. Uratha are good People, but not good people. By the way, did I mention we'd have a Plan (CofD pg100)?
    Originally posted by Jakondite View Post
    This knowledge might be a blessing in disguise. Wait an hour for them to start taking the bodies of the victims, then burn the place down with them in it. Most likely, a host is not going to have cameras witnessing it and its kind taking over all these people, so I'm not particularly worried about that (and if they are, they are likely local cameras, not off site). Welcome to MY parlor, said the wolf to the spider.

Media attention is the lesser of two evils, here. Especially if you can make that media attention directed at the burning of a house with people in it.

Basically what they said^

Here is scenario the 5th.

You are tearing up a laboratory belonging to a tech firm that worships a Idigam still stranded on the moon. As you look for the scientists, the door, which is reinforced with steel, suddenly closes and locks on it's own. Then poison gas starts to fill the room . How do you get out?
    If only I could assume a form capable of rending steel... wait, I have Living Weapon 5 so I can!! Problem solved.
    Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 08-09-2017, 07:53 PM.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
    "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Okay here's one from me.

Wolf-blooded closest to your character has become overly enamored with a vampire. If you know about such things, you recognize it as a blood bond, but otherwise it's a sort of fawning obsession. Said vampire has come to you with an offer. Kill a powerful and well-protected elder in a nearby domain, outside of your territory, and she will erase the wolf-blooded's memory of her and leave town, never to be seen again. In the meantime, if she goes missing or gets killed by an angry werewolf, wolf-blooded will be shown evidence to suggest that the werewolf killed the vampire. Any attempts to detect deceit seem to suggest she's being honest with the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
        Okay here's one from me.

Wolf-blooded closest to your character has become overly enamored with a vampire. If you know about such things, you recognize it as a blood bond, but otherwise it's a sort of fawning obsession. Said vampire has come to you with an offer. Kill a powerful and well-protected elder in a nearby domain, outside of your territory, and she will erase the wolf-blooded's memory of her and leave town, never to be seen again. In the meantime, if she goes missing or gets killed by an angry werewolf, wolf-blooded will be shown evidence to suggest that the werewolf killed the vampire. Any attempts to detect deceit seem to suggest she's being honest with the deal.
        First reach out to Vampire or Mage contacts and see if they are willing to trade a less BS task for a mind-wipe. Then stake the Leech and mail her to the elder with a note about what she was planning. When the evidence gets shown to the Wolf-Blood, they'll wonder who was that and why should they care? They've already had their memories of the vampire removed.

She should have never tipped her hand like that. Examples have to get made.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
          Okay here's one from me.

Wow... just wow. Here's my answer to
          It's like you know my character concept. Kevin McBride, aka Hissu-Ses a Bone Shadow Cahalith, is my character and his sister was drained to death by a vampire before Kevin's first change and stalking that vampire was what prompted his First Change. Lore of the Land and Barghest were his first two Shadow Gifts. Our Pack Ban is "Never Deliberately help a Vampire". (Our Totem is my character's sister's ghost that has Essence Thief for Spirit Essence, the ST made an exception and I was the one that was willing to pay the 5 Totem points at character creation) So no deal, and the vampire is about die in ways that fulfill our Totem Aspiration as well... And we'll have to preemptively confess to the wolfblooded of what the vampire was trying to black mail us with, which is her death and earnestly seek to mend the relationship damage.

It's like that plot was made for our pack.

Scenario from me:

You just figured out all the female members of your pack are pregnant, ALL of them, Uratha, Wolfblooded, and even the mortals, including those that don't engage in reproductive congress, use protection or otherwise wouldn't expect that from.

Maybe a powerful spirit of fertility used Mass Create on them, but how would it do so without being noticed, which spirit did it, why would a spirit want more Uratha, and how are you going to handle the consequences?

Most frighteningly, what if the issue was caused by something other than a spirit?

For bonus points, this event has alerted every Cahalith within 100 miles through their Prophetic Dreams, and it seems that any of the resulting babies would be destined to undergo the First Change if they survived to maturity...
          Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 08-09-2017, 08:46 PM.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
          "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

First reach out to Vampire or Mage contacts and see if they are willing to trade a less BS task for a mind-wipe. Then stake the Leech and mail her to the elder with a note about what she was planning. When the evidence gets shown to the Wolf-Blood, they'll wonder who was that and why should they care? They've already had their memories of the vampire removed.

She should have never tipped her hand like that. Examples have to get made.
            I'd make some fetish or rite for the purpose of the mind-wipe. Cut down the middle guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pale_Crusader View Post

Wow... just wow. http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/werewolf-the-forsaken/1125481-what-would-your-character-do-w-tf-edition?p=1126846#post1126846"]Here's my answer to [/URL]
              It's like you know my character concept. Kevin McBride, aka Hissu-Ses a Bone Shadow Cahalith, is my character and his sister was drained to death by a vampire before Kevin's first change and stalking that vampire was what prompted his First Change. Lore of the Land and Barghest were his first two Shadow Gifts. Our Pack Ban is "Never Deliberately help a Vampire". (Our Totem is my character's sister's ghost that has Essence Thief for Spirit Essence, the ST made an exception and I was the one that was willing to pay the 5 Totem points at character creation) So no deal, and the vampire is about die in ways that fulfill our Totem Aspiration as well... And we'll have to preemptively confess to the wolfblooded of what the vampire was trying to black mail us with, which is her death and earnestly seek to mend the relationship damage.

It's like that plot was made for our pack.

Scenario from me:

You just figured out all the female members of your pack are pregnant, ALL of them, Uratha, Wolfblooded, and even the mortals, including those that don't engage in reproductive congress, use protection or otherwise wouldn't expect that from.

Maybe a powerful spirit of fertility used Mass Create on them, but how would it do so without being noticed, which spirit did it, why would a spirit want more Uratha, and how are you going to handle the consequences?

Most frighteningly, what if the issue was caused by something other than a spirit?

For bonus points, this event has alerted every Cahalith within 100 miles through their Prophetic Dreams, and it seems that any of the resulting babies would be destined to undergo the First Change if they survived to maturity...
              Just try to figure what the fuck happened and open an abortion clinic for the underage 21 century virgin maries.

Comment

Originally posted by Pale_Crusader View Post
                Wow.. just wow.
                Nice coincidence!

My character went through with it, though he had a closer relationship with the vampire than the wolf-blooded at that point, and no mage or other vampire contacts. He still has the elder's hands on his inventory list.

While not made for my character, one of the few spirits my character has a good relationship with is a fairly powerful fertility spirit, who would at least be able to answer some questions about the mystery. He'd be pretty angry, though, and the perpetrator would probably find themselves on the end of a sacred hunt, as one of the wolf-blooded in the pack likely to be afflicted is his girlfriend. Depending on the source and the opinions of those involved we'd try to get rid of the problem or find some painless way to see it through to birth. I certainly wouldn't trust the Cahalith to not interfere, but if they're willing to play ball it would be nice to have them to help play defense or potentially hand the babies off to.

I'd expect the Pure to get wind of it, too, so I'd certainly be on guard from that front, as well as getting the territory into ultra defense mode.

Also seriously hoping occasional use of Luna's Embrace hasn't made my character one of the susceptible ones.

Comment

nofather I'd totally make you reprise Arnold's pregnancy role.

Comment

Working...
                  X