You as a Werewolf?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You as a Werewolf?

Hey everybody, Korogra here! Seeing how popular this type of thread was in the Vampire Forum, I decided to do the same here in order to see what you all think would be if you suddenly underwent the First Change as one of the People. Like in the vampire version of this topic, the structure of how this will work is very similar, though it will include werewolf-centric alterations: Auspice, Tribe and Lodge (if you feel like you fit into any of the eight tribes or their various sub-factions), and how you would go about your nightly duties to Mother Wolf and Father Moon ( or rail against them). Not only that, I'd love to see what you think your werewolf-self would be like as a High Renown/Primal Urge Uratha, and how you would go about the hunt as a true apex predator that has survived for a good few decades ( or even a century or two; even though it's unclear just how long our murderous fluff balls really can live if they aren't brutally torn apart...)

Now I know that there have been topics like this before, but like how I explained in my "You as a Vampire?" thread I feel like this is a question worth exploring again due to people's opinions naturally changing over time as their knowledge grows and new aspects of the material catch their fancy. Plus, this sort of discussion is always really, really fun!

Like before, I will break the Ice and give a description on what I would see myself to be in order to help give you an idea of how you might structure it!

_____

A couple years ago there was a thread that asked what tribe we would see ourselves as and I remember saying that in all honesty I would see myself as one of the Fire-Touched; and even now I firmly believe that if the Moon wasn't shining that favorably upon me, I would still be found and adopted into the children of Rabid Wolf. Now to be fair, they are my favorite tribe in W:TF due to my spirituality and strong faith, and while I in no means support religious zealotry or violence as a human being, in this situation and having the ideological mantras of the Fire-Touched drilled into my young cub mind day and night, as well as solid, undeniable evidence that their deity is a real being.. that would likely change me( Though not, I think, without a lot of fight on my part. While I am definitely no spiritual exemplar regarding my faith, I do strongly believe in it, and wouldn't give it up without one hell of a struggle). Having said that, I don't think I could hate the Forsaken. Rabid Wolf is willing to accept them if they truly wish to be on the side that has the moral and spiritual "High ground", and if you are wanting to convert them, what is the point in hating the very people you are trying to "save"? As a result I would actually try to give a bit more of an Earnest effort in convincing Forsaken to join the Pure, many Fire-Touched usually only attempt once or twice - if they are particularly patient and/or merciful - before letting their Rage finally break and falling upon them.. and I would at least try to gradually sway them before resorting to violence ( At least until I couldn't keep the Rage back any more)..Now I would be righteously angry at them and would fight if they did repeatedly refuse, but that is actually an act on mercy on my part - If they won't forsake Luna the other Pure will move to kill them anyway for being the bastard father-killers that they are, but if it's my teeth and my claws, at least I could have the peace of mind knowing I really did try my best to help them, and what happened wasn't something done in Hatred and satisfaction, but regret and pity.

As time went on I'd probably become slightly less merciful, but if I was lucky and had a decent rate of success with my more understanding and less " PURGE THE HERETIC" modus operandi I would continue to grow my Tribe and cultivate a pack/flock of true believers of mine own. I think it would be around this point that I would of been with the tribe for about three- five years and would of adopted a bit of a more casual, almost light-hearted evangelical persona when dealing with Ghost Wolves and Forsaken, sort of like a southern baptist preacher. I think at this point I would of also joined the Lodge of Fevered Light in order to gain power over pestilence and disease. Like its said, Faith is often seen as a contagion, and I personally find disease based powers to be really cool. And who knows? Maybe having to deal with spirits of Squirrel Aids or a supernatural strain of Ebola will make them all that more receptive to the message I'm sellin'. I think my responses to stubborn refusals to salvation would become less regretful and more numb and impersonal; they would still be bereft of hatred, but they wouldn't really have any anger attached to them.. just disappointment. Some wolves just won't change, and if I don't take care of them someone worse than me will - same as my younger years but more in line with checking a box off of a to-do list rather than remorseful necessity. Still, I'm one of the Uratha and my more ferocious side cant be locked down forever and if combat was inevitable I think my reluctance to unchain that bestial savagery within would slowly ebb away- If they won't listen to reason, then there is no point in holding back just because I feel sorry for them. They earn this fate, and all actions have consequences. Now if they desecrated the Shadow? Now then that's when true Hate would come to the fore. Not wanting to be saved is regrettable, but sullying the world that holds the Garden that is Taga Dan? Oh fuck no, you are going to die and you're going to be screaming while you do so - Preferably while spirits of sickness slowly liquefy your internal organs while I cauterize the stumps of your severed limbs just to make sure you can't crawl away. All in all, despite the semi-rare bouts of characteristically fanatical madness due to some asshole messing up the Hisil or killing my spirit buddies I think I would have a rather balanced Harmony, the Fire-Touched are known to hold themselves to rather rigorous codes of spiritual and mental conduct and as I have made clear, I would be a markedly more level headed tribesman than most. We might be enemies, but I'm always happy to at least give any impure Uratha ( who isn't an idiot who screws around with the spirit world willy nilly) a chance at redemption.

Now as a powerful elder werewolf.. that's actually pretty hard considering the Tribe I'm in.. but if I had to give it some thought, I would try to transcend my material half so I could search for Taga Dan, either to finally enter it or to safe guard it. Failing that , either due to Taga Dan being inaccessible due to still being alive ( or it not even existing in the first place) or because I just couldn't find it.. I believe I would try to form a lodge that attempts to more actively bridge the gap between Pure and Forsaken. Not in order to settle differences and live on as two happy uratha nations, but rather to more easily indoctrinate and convince werewolves of how great it is to be on the "right" side. In this respect I will likely try to become the Totem of said Lodge much like Lycaon-Ur, becoming a Spirit of Faith and Acceptance as well as being a Wolf spirit - maybe being called Shepard Wolf to my new, larger flock of happy little murder machines. But if that isn't an option either, being a figure head of the Lodge while binding a suitably powerful Totem to the cause isn't that bad of a goal either. I'm sure to enter the Hunters paradise once I finally do die anyway, so I wouldn't have too many regrets.. right?

____

And there we have it, here is my interpretation of what I would be like as one of the People! I can't wait to see what you guys have to say, it should be really fun! Thanks, and as always, have a wonderful day!

Tldr I would be a cahalith hunter or iron master dedicated to fighting toxic ideologies and creating a better world for my children, but also indulge my control freak tendencies in my territory and explore my closeted bi-genderness via Luna's embrace

I would definitely be a cahalith, since my love for telling stories, memorizing history and learning information makes me a natural fit for that auspice. As for tribe, I would either be a Iron Master (for the city dweller in me) or a hunter in darkness (for the anti-social caveman in me) for reasons explained in the autism and Uratha thread, with my tendency for obsession and mild paranoia turned to protecting the little slice of earth that is my territory, honestly, I would be an urban Hunter in Darkness or a somewhat primitive Iron Master, bring a bit of the wild into into Savannah, hunting humans who bear dangerous beliefs as if they were merely another type of host, and given their effect on the shadow, they might as well be. Any lodge I join would be one based on hunting humans and other prey with dangerous beliefs (nazis, anti-vaxxers, and such), the lodge of the broken Idol would be an ally of mine, though I wouldn't join due to my respect for less harmful religions, and my own (unwritten) lodge of the Silver Screen would help me strangle dangerous ideas in the cradle. Koroga, we would mostly likely be enemies as uratha due to your membership in the lodge of fevered light, which mostly likely supports dangerous ideas like the anti-vaxxers. As a a member of a pack, our territory would be based around our den, an abandoned sears not too far from my home, our pack taking the form of the owners of a large arcade/restaurant built in our den, which doubles as my Mus-Rah when closed, and who do outreach to the nerd, youth and disability communities that form our pack, especially after we take over the Guild Hall and the businesses that they own on MLK Drive. The pack's den would also contain a room filled with chew toys and a waterfall for me to go to avoid over-stimulation between hunts, as also mentioned in the autism and uratha thread. My territory would be under constant CCTV, drone and spirt surveillance, with my pack's mole at the telecoms letting me know what everyone in my terrority is thinking in private. The spirits of fear and abuse that tormented me as a child tamed or destroyed by my pack. Doxxing and exposing the radicalized and bigoted humans we hunt to isolate them would be our common tactic, as would my use of stories to destroy the reputation of the memetic plauge rats my pack hunts. The assassination of high level leaders of the groups we hunt, such as Wakefield and Spencer will be done just as much to send a message as it is to remove s threat (think mafia 3 style kills). The The Luna's embrace gift would allow me to explore my closeted bi-genderness, using which ever gender and role is needed for the hunt, and for finding a mate to share my love and my hunt with...

As time went on, my sense of disconnection from human communities would increase,seeing humans more and more as collections of ideologies and opinions rather than as actual people. my human packmates being my main human contact, who I can only be around for so long before I grow anxious, even as my pack works to protect the communities that they come from . Any children I have to continue the pack at this point would be with another Uratha, or even be Urhanu sired upon a wereblooded bitch (or by a wereblooded stud), as I would be too far disconnected I would be from the humans I never really understood in the first place to see them as potential mates. As a father , I would train my young in all the pack's tactics from a young age, making them part of the hunt even before their first change As a mother, I would be the dutiful denwife (or dutiful mated female of a wereblooded pack), for some reason, the female side of me has always gotten a weird enjoyment out of the idea of submissive housewifery that I don't quite understand but think is related to my mother being bad at the emotionally supportive part of being a mom and hoping I would be different as a mom and I doubt that would change as an uratha, as I would seek a mate that is an apex predator stronger than myself to have me as his mate and mother of his young Either way, my young are raised on my stories of the hunt and our pack's great deeds.

As an elder, I become the apex predator that controls the very culture and mindscape and hisil of my territory. whether that still be sofo Savannah, or a whole (small) planet in the Infinite Macabre. My large brood of children and their descendants helping their father/mother prune the hosts of hate and misinformation before it can become a threat

And yes the wereblooded wolves are sapient and capable of consent, I am not that much of a perv
    Last edited by The young man in the cafe; 08-16-2017, 09:24 AM.

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Alright, this one was more difficult than Me as a Vampire, because even though I have the book, I found Werewolf too complicated to get into. So it's mostly remained untouched in my collection. Fortunately, however, my experience with the vampire thread gave me some much needed introspection, so I believe I can determine how I'd be as a Werewolf.

---------------------------------------

For longer than I can remember now, I've dealt with a wide variety of mental problems, including depression and nihilism. I'm just going to admit it right now that I'm a misanthrope. It's not pretty, but it's the truth, I don't like dealing with humanity for extended periods of time. Hell, I don't even like being a human in the first place. However, there is one thing in life that perks me up and makes me feel truly alive, and that's fighting. Whether it be a friendly competition, or a serious conflict, I find exaltation in battle.

Which is why I believe my tribe would be either the Predator Kings, or the Bale Hounds. Now, I don't claim to have any degree of formal training in the art of combat. I mostly just rely on blind instinct and improvised maneuvers. But, hey, I'm not going to complain, as long as it works. I admit that I'm dangerously out of shape for somebody my age, but I trust that the Predator Kings would waste no time forcefully correcting that problem. After joining one of their packs, I would either lose a hundred pounds, or die trying. Actually, I'd probably lose more than a hundred pounds after dying... because my tribe would probably eat me!

As for my reasons on why I would make a good Bale Hound, I'm not particularly adverse to making Faustian bargains, so long as the benefits are great enough. My approach towards dealing with spirits as a Bale Hound would be something like a business transaction. I provide a service to them, and they pay me with supernatural power. Give and take, a fair trade on both our parts. Additionally, being a Bale Hound would not restrict me to any singular allegiance, as they have a tendency to go undercover behind enemy lines. I could, effectively, be a Bale Hound and a Predator King at the same time, without having to choose one over the other!

IF I had received an auspice (which the Pure don't gain access to), I believe it would have been the Ithaeur. As I said in the vampire thread, I have always been fascinated by magic and mysticism, and when I was younger, I was a true believer in its power. This belief has gradually tapered off as I got older, but I still can't let go of the hope that it is at least possible. When I was in high school, I renounced catholocism and turned to more pagan inspired faiths. I even tried to start up a legitimate cult, but I don't know how many 'converts' were true believers, or how many were just going along to humor me. I also tried to teach myself fortune telling, by looking at seemingly mundane patterns in my environment and trying to predict the future. I also have an interest in horoscopes, which seem to resonate with me more frequently that scientists would have me believe. These are just some aspects about my personal life that supports my theory on the subject. If I were to be suddenly introduced to a world of spirits and magic, I believe I would dedicate myself to learning as much about it as I could. Dealing with a wide range of different spiritual entities, and trying to harness their powers for my own.

HOWEVER, I do not agree with the Forsaken's 'sins of the fathers' rhetoric. Whatever happened between Father Wolf and his children happened 200 million years ago. I had absolutely no part in it, and I refuse to be guilt tripped by Luna for a crime I didn't commit. That 'original sin' crap was also a major proponent of my christian upbringing. I didn't accept it as a human, and I wouldn't accept it as a werewolf. If I'm going to be an Uratha, I'm going to be a FREE Uratha. I'd go where I wanted, do what I wanted, and I'd kick the living shit out of anybody who tries to tell me otherwise. That goes triple for all the negative spirits that have haunted me throughout my life. I guarantee you they'd be missing some appendages once I learned how to confront them.

I have no idea what my spirit name would be, though I doubt it would be flattering among the Tribes of the Moon. Maybe the Pure would give me something more respectable, but I don't know. Coming up with one myself would require deeper introspection than I'm currently prepared to deal with. As for my Lodge, I would probably join the Night's Fear, as it seems to go with my pseudo-shamanism.

As an elder werewolf, I would probably be one of the most hardened mother fuckers in Georgia. You don't get to live to a ripe old age in Werewolf society without being a bad ass. With my addiction to fighting, and my obsession with the occult, this would be an especially difficult achievement for me. In fact, it's far more likely I would bring about my own destruction, either by picking a fight with the wrong enemy, or having a rite go badly. In the unlikely event that I did achieve elder position, however, nobody would be able to say to my face that I did not earn it!
      Last edited by Nyrufa; 08-28-2017, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
        Alright, this one was more difficult than Me as a Vampire, because even though I have the book, I found Werewolf too complicated to get into. So it's mostly remained untouched in my collection. Fortunately, however, my experience with the vampire thread gave me some much needed introspection, so I believe I can determine how I'd be as a Werewolf.

---------------------------------------

For longer than I can remember now, I've dealt with a wide variety of mental problems, including depression and nihilism. I'm just going to admit it right now that I'm a misanthrope. It's not pretty, but it's the truth, I don't like dealing with humanity for extended periods of time. Hell, I don't even like being a human in the first place. However, there is one thing in life that perks me up and makes me feel truly alive, and that's fighting. Whether it be a friendly competition, or a serious conflict, I find exaltation in battle.

Which is why I believe my tribe would be the Predator Kings. Now, I don't claim to have any degree of formal training in the art of combat. I mostly just rely on blind instinct and improvised maneuvers. But, hey, I'm not going to complain, as long as it works. I admit that I'm dangerously out of shape for somebody my age, but I trust that the Predator Kings would waste no time forcefully correcting that problem. After joining one of their packs, I would either lose a hundred pounds, or die trying. Actually, I'd probably lose more than a hundred pounds after dying... because my tribe would probably eat me!

IF I had received an auspice (which the Pure don't gain access to), I believe it would have been the Ithaeur. As I said in the vampire thread, I have always been fascinated by magic and mysticism, and when I was younger, I was a true believer in its power. This belief has gradually tapered off as I got older, but I still can't let go of the hope that it is at least possible. When I was in highschool, I renounced catholocism and turned to more pagan inspired faiths. I even tried to start up a legitimate cult, but I don't know how many 'converts' were true believers, or how many were just going along to humor me. I also tried to teach myself fortune telling, by looking at seemingly mundane patterns in my environment and trying to predict the future. I also have an interest in horroscopes, which seem to resonate with me more frequently that scientists would have me believe. These are just some aspects about my personal life that supports my theory on the subject. If I were to be suddenly introduced to a world of spirits and magic, I believe I would dedicate myself to learning as much about it as I could. Dealing with a wide range of different spiritual entities, and trying to harness their powers for my own.

HOWEVER, I do not agree with the Forsaken's 'sins of the fathers' rhetoric. Whatever happened between Father Wolf and his children happened 200 million years ago. I had absolutely no part in it, and I refuse to be guilt tripped by Luna for a crime I didn't commit. That 'original sin' crap was also a major proponent of my christian upbringing. I didn't accept it as a human, and I wouldn't accept it as a werewolf. If I'm going to be an Uratha, I'm going to be a FREE Uratha. I'd go where I wanted, do what I wanted, and I'd kick the living shit out of anybody who tries to tell me otherwise. That goes triple for all the negative spirits that have haunted me throughout my life. I guarantee you they'd be missing some appendages once I learned how to confront them.

I have no idea what my spirit name would be, though I doubt it would be flattering among the Tribes of the Moon. Maybe the Pure would give me something more respectable, but I don't know. Coming up with one myself would require deeper introspection than I'm currently prepared to deal with. As for my Lodge, I would probably join the Night's Fear, as it seems to go with my pseudo-shamanism.

As an elder werewolf, I would probably be one of the most hardened mother fuckers in Georgia. You don't get to live to a ripe old age in Werewolf society without being a bad ass. With my addiction to fighting, and my obsession with the occult, this would be an especially difficult achievement for me. In fact, it's far more likely I would bring about my own destruction, either by picking a fight with the wrong enemy, or having a rite go badly. In the unlikely event that I did achieve elder position, however, nobody would be able to say to my face that I did not earn it!
        I could see myself as a predator king too, if I let my anger and sense ofdisconnection from humanity get the better of me.... I wonder what the pure call Luna's embrace?

I should probably type up a pure version of myself too

Comment

Originally posted by The young man in the cafe View Post

I could see myself as a predator king too, if I let my anger and sense ofdisconnection from humanity get the better of me.... I wonder what the pure call Luna's embrace?

I should probably type up a pure version of myself too
          That would be interesting. They'd probably call it Mother Wolfs Fluidity or something like that.

You brought up an interesting thing though, stating you and I would likely be enemies. Perhaps we would, though I think it would because I would probably be hell bent on converting someone so dedicated to destroying misinformation and destructive knowledge. As a Fire-Touched, I cannot tolerate lies, so ironically I would probably see you as a potential ally due to hunting such things. In a much darker turn, your decision to mate with the Urhanu and were blooded would make you more attractive towards our pack. If you couldn't be convinced, maybe your pups could be swayed, even if said pups had to be conceived in less than willing circumstances. Evil, yes.. but at the same time The Pure are not exactly the most considerate or gentle when it comes to continuing the species.

Fortunately in all likelihood one or both of us would be dead before it ever got that far.

But a Pure version of you would be cool to see!

And also I think it was already stated by someone in the Urhanu thread, the asking of consent of a wolf would be irrelevant due to instinct and breeding cycles, but I appreciated you deciding to include that at the end, it's small but it does show moral character.
          Last edited by Korogra; 08-15-2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post

And also I think it was already stated by someone in the Urhanu thread, the asking of consent of a wolf would be irrelevant due to instinct and breeding cycles, but I appreciated you deciding to include that at the end, it's small but it does show moral character.

The Predator Kings prefer to run around in dire wolf form, anyways.

Big, beefy, wolf studs!

But seriously, though...
            Last edited by Nyrufa; 08-15-2017, 09:06 PM.

Comment

That would be interesting. They'd probably call it Mother Wolfs Fluidity or something like that.

You brought up an interesting thing though, stating you and I would likely be enemies. Perhaps we would, though I think it would because I would probably be hell bent on converting someone so dedicated to destroying misinformation and destructive knowledge. As a Fire-Touched, I cannot tolerate lies, so ironically I would probably see you as a potential ally due to hunting such things. In a much darker turn, your decision to mate with the Urhanu and were blooded would make you more attractive towards our pack. If you couldn't be convinced, maybe your pups could be swayed, even if said pups had to be conceived in less than willing circumstances. Evil, yes.. but at the same time The Pure are not exactly the most considerate or gentle when it comes to continuing the species.

Fortunately in all likelihood one or both of us would be dead before it ever got that far..
              Well who knows, you just might succeed in that conversion and conception. Being a fire touched ma duggar can't that bad, can it?

Comment

Well who knows, you just might succeed in that conversion and conception. Being a fire touched ma duggar can't that bad, can it?

There's a reason they're called Fire Touched. Hope you like branding irons!
                Last edited by Nyrufa; 08-15-2017, 09:12 PM.

Comment

There's a reason they're called Fire Touched. Hope you like branding irons!
                  Sounds like the predator king wants this part time bitch for himself.

Comment

Sounds like the predator king wants this part time bitch for himself.

Maybe if I beat you in a fight, first?

Don't know; that just sounds like it would be an invigorating way of selecting mates.

Anybody too weak to provide a worthy challenge would only result in conceiving more weaklings.

And you know what they say about make up sex?

Comment

Maybe if I beat you in a fight, first?

Don't know; that just sounds like it would be an invigorating way of selecting mates.

Anybody too weak to provide a worthy challenge would only result in conceiving more weaklings.

And you know what they say about make up sex?
                      If you can beat me, sure.

But anyway, let's someone else describe themselves as an uratha.
                      Last edited by The young man in the cafe; 08-15-2017, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I'd be that Ghost Wolf asshole every pack in a 60 mile radius wonders how he hasn't fucking died on his own already.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
                          I'd be that Ghost Wolf asshole every pack in a 60 mile radius wonders how he hasn't fucking died on his own already.
                          An asshole in what way?

Comment

Well then, that's a response that's both amusing and unexpected, raising interesting ideas lol

But you're correct, let's hear about some other werewolves!

Comment

An asshole in what way?
                              House MD kinda asshole.

Comment

Working...
                              X