A ridiculus small question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A ridiculus small question

Oh, I feel somehow embarrassed, but I´m sscanning the 2nd edition corebook and don´t find it: When Werwolves got the health track full with lethal damage, do they die? Or do you have to fill the track with aggrevated damage?

Thanks for the answer and keep on gaming,

Dennis

It's the same as mortals. When you're full of Lethal, you 'take another point of damage each minute (upgrading existing lethal damage to aggravated) until he receives medical attention, mundane or supernatural.' You don't die until your character's Health track is full of aggravated damage. If you're full of bashing, you make a reflexive Stamina roll each turn to resist falling unconscious.

The werewolf part comes in mostly with Gauru form, in that it can ignore that and fights normally, without wound penalties, until its full of Aggravated damage. There's some other abilities that allow for ignoring of wound penalties, too. And of course, with a werewolf's ability to regenerate, especially in gauru form, it's hard to keep them full of Lethal anyways.

Comment

So, if I´m beating a Werewolf with 9 Health to 10 lethal damage. He then has 1 Aggr. and 8 lethal. In the next round, he´ll have 1 aggrevated and 7 lethal. I beat him again for two lethal damage and then he has 2 aggrevated and 7 lethal, next round 2 aggrevated and 6 lethal, right?

And when not in Gauru form, will the werewolf fall down if he is full of lethal damage until 1 lethal is regenerated?

By the way, thanks!

Comment

No problem.

Originally posted by Narr666 View Post
        So, if I´m beating a Werewolf with 9 Health to 10 lethal damage. He then has 1 Aggr. and 8 lethal. In the next round, he´ll have 1 aggrevated and 7 lethal.
        I beat him again for two lethal damage and then he has 2 aggrevated and 7 lethal, next round 2 aggrevated and 6 lethal, right?
        If he has 9 Health, and you do 10 Damage, yes, he takes one Aggravated. He wouldn't remove that last Lethal unless he healed 1 Lethal that turn, same with the next turn.

Also, if he has 9 Health boxes, 7 full of Lethal, and you do 2 Lethal damage, you don't 'wrap around.' You would need to do 3 for that.

And when not in Gauru form, will the werewolf fall down if he is full of lethal damage until 1 lethal is regenerated?
        You don't fall when you're full of Lethal, so not necessarily.

Worth noting how Werewolf regeneration works.

Outside of Gauru form, you heal Bashing per turn based on your Primal Urge. At Primal Urge 1, that's 1 Bashing per turn. At 5, that's 2 Bashing. But you can spend a point of Essence to turn that to heal Lethal. So your example above might fit if the character is low Primal Urge and spending 1 Essence per round, something he can do reflexively, to turn that to healing Lethal. In Gauru form, you heal all Bashing and all Lethal every turn.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
            No problem.

Outside of Gauru form, you heal Bashing per turn based on your Primal Urge. At Primal Urge 1, that's 1 Bashing per turn. At 5, that's 2 Bashing. But you can spend a point of Essence to turn that to heal Lethal. So your example above might fit if the character is low Primal Urge and spending 1 Essence per round, something he can do reflexively, to turn that to healing Lethal. In Gauru form, you heal all Bashing and all Lethal every turn.
            Slight correction. You regen at 2 bashing at PU 4, 3b bashing at PU 6, 4b at PU 8, 5b at PU 9 and 6b at PU 10.

Comment

One thing to ask from last game of mine - If werewolf get only 1 Aggravated damage from Silver, even if have full Health beside this, they go in to Basu-Im and turn Gauru in Rage, yes?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I believe so, yes.

Also, one slight alteration the final version of the WTF book made was that Uratha also heal their regeneration rate (ie how much bashing per turn they get) in lethal every 15 minutes, not just one.

Assuming they still heal one lethal at a time (so you get 1 back every 7 1/2 minutes), if a PU 4 or higher werewolf has 8 health or more (hardly unusual) they'll heal their final lethal damage before it gets upgraded and thus can't actually bleed out if they were just on lethal. Of course, a blow that takes you to lethal might spill over into aggravated, but with more health you get a bit of a buffer.

Even at primal urge 1-3 (or if you go with getting all the health back at once every 15 minutes), if you can get over 15 health in human form, (difficult, but not impossible for a Rahu) you see the same effect.

And of course at even higher primal urges bleeding out becomes nigh impossible.

Comment

If an Uratha fall unconscious failing the stamina check and are full of lethal, can spend essence for upgrade bashing regeneration for heal last lethal and stop bleeding to death? Where I find the unconscious detailed rule?

Comment

You can't do things when unconscious, generally. You might have a Merit or Gift that automatically does it, but it's not a standard option.

Werewolves have this special rule regarding bleeding out, however, ''As long as a werewolf can regenerate her rightmost Health box, she won’t bleed out.'' So unless your regeneration's been stolen you wouldn't bleed out.

Comment

So for a werewolf to die she has to take her health track in aggravated damage. She can reach full lethal, fall unconscious, and will eventually recover without bleeding out so long as the rightmost health box is not checked for agg. If she reaches full bashing and falls unconscious she'll wake up shortly from natural healing.

Obviously if you reach full lethal and are low/out of essence to heal it, you can just make the decision to go Gauru--social implications aside of course.

Are there any Conditions, Tilts or other effects that could kill a werewolf at full lethal after a few rounds of lingering? I'm actively thinking about an npc death scene that should make sense given their werewolf nature... but I'd like to accomplish it without meticulously tearing them to gobbets. Werewolves seem to go out large or not at all.

--Khanwulf

Comment

Originally posted by Khanwulf View Post
                        Are there any Conditions, Tilts or other effects that could kill a werewolf at full lethal after a few rounds of lingering? I'm actively thinking about an npc death scene that should make sense given their werewolf nature... but I'd like to accomplish it without meticulously tearing them to gobbets. Werewolves seem to go out large or not at all.
                        While I haven't seen it stated in second edition, in first edition regeneration was ruled to not work while you couldn't breathe. So drowning (Influence: Water), being buried alive (Influence: Earth) or otherwise being deprived of air (which can be done with the other elemental influences). An ability that removes healing, even temporarily, could manage it.

An unconscious character, mind, has no Defense and I believe is susceptible to things like Killing Blows, so a 'final hit' to execute them could work easily.

Comment

Anything that could constitute a "mortal wound" with enough time for last dramatic words? Other than tricky and opaque healing-cancellation powers of course....

Comment

Really strong poisons?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

A poison could do it, if it overcame the bonus Primal Urge gives to you. Werewolves are kinda durable, that's sort of their thing, they even downgrade non-bane non-magical Aggravated damage.

Thing is once you're at full Lethal, you just need to roll over to Aggravated, and if you're unconscious like in Nesky's example, you don't really get to try to dodge that damage. So you could theoretically do it with a stick if you have enough Strength and Brawl.

Killing Blows aren't a werewolf-only thing, they're in the Chronicles core book and I believe first editions as well. 'A character can make a killing blow when her opponent is unconscious, completely immobile, or otherwise totally defenseless. When doing so, the character deals damage equal to her full dice pool plus her weapon modifier. She has time enough to line up her attack so it avoids her victim’s armor.'

Comment

Working...
                              X