Abandoned game is abandoned.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandoned game is abandoned.

Just went over the brochure for this year's Gencon and lo and behold, Forsaken got shit all, again. I guess this is what happens when your line developer is also the guy who deals with Apocalypse. Disappointed.

They don't respect Werewolf like they do Vampire or Mage

Comment

Whatever werewolf gets in the contagion chronicle better be good

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

*sad, slow music plays over a "Save the Werewolves" commercial.*

Comment

Do you have link ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
            *sad, slow music plays over a "Save the Werewolves" commercial.*

Hi I'm Sarah Mclachlan, every year thousands of Uratha go through their first change with no support from Onyx Path, won't you be a hero to a werewolf in need and petition OP to release more werewolf content?

But seriously, there aren't that many werewolf games out there and I need my fix

Comment

Werewolf hasn't really gone longer than any other given line without a supplement. And it's gotten quite a lot of Dark Eras love.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                Werewolf hasn't really gone longer than any other given line without a supplement. And it's gotten quite a lot of Dark Eras love.
                True, it has a lot of dark eras

Comment

Well considering that most lines do not have a corebook yet, werewolf is fine with its one supplement. Would I love it if we got more werewolf books? Absolutely. Unfortunately this won't be the case for some time. Onyx Path's devs and writers are thinly spread like butter over way too much bread.
                  Last edited by blackheartz; 08-17-2017, 02:59 PM. Reason: Too many yets :P

Comment

Originally posted by blackheartz View Post
                    Well considering that most lines do not yet have a corebook yet, werewolf is fine with its one supplement.
                    I really love Werewolf, but Mage 2E has to this day ( over a year past premiere ) only corebook and it's much more need Signs of Sorcery ( i.e. corebook 2E, part II ), than Werewolf needed The Pack ( even than I am most glad we have Pack, it's awesome book! )

I also would point out that Promethean did not had written info in brochure about Night Horrors: The Tormented, even if PtC gameline still get's it - so there maybe some Werewolf supprise later this year.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I don't count Dark Eras, as it's a catch all for every line. Sure it's extra content, but it's not the same as a stand alone supplement. Granted I love The Pack, so there is that.

Having said that, Werewolf is woefully underrepresented at Cons in comparison to other products, which is depressing.
                      Last edited by Korogra; 08-17-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Changeling is in even worse position....

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post
                          I don't count Dark Eras, as it's a catch all for every line. Sure it's extra content, but it's not the same as a stand alone supplement.
                          The fact that it catches every line is exactly why people should count it in their reconning of supplementary material for the various lines. There are a whopping 10 and soon to be 11 game lines in CofD alone, which is itself a fraction of the material OPP produces. Compilations like Dark Eras are really the only way to insure content gets realeased for all of them regularly. And yet, when this same topic pops up in every subforum every few months, no one ever takes Dark Eras and the like into account, even when it's pointed out that, if you exclude Dark Eras, no 2e line has seen more than one book published in a year. Werewolf is not by any means unique in this.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Well, your game is 2e while several of them aren't, and it already has a supplement, which is more than some can say. Not to defend this company at all, but this is a pretty silly reason to attack them.

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

And yet, when this same topic pops up in every subforum every few months, no one ever takes Dark Eras and the like into account, even when it's pointed out that, if you exclude Dark Eras, no 2e line has seen more than one book published in a year. Werewolf is not by any means unique in this.
                              Demon the Descent did. And while Secrets of the Covenants didn't come out in the same year as Thousand Years of Night, They did come out in the same 12 month period, and there's a third vampire book being art directed at this moment. I suppose technically you could balance that out by mentioning that the first Dark Eras had very little Vampire material.

It's an interesting subject.

I don't think you can really hold it against Stew that he works on both Werewolf lines. Most of the Apocalypse content that's been coming out has been Kickstarter stuff, and a few developers work on multiple lines. Matt McFarland did Demon, Beast, and Promethean. Dave Brookshaw is doing Mage and Deviant. Rose Bailey developed the Chronicles of Darkness core and Vampire, though I believe she stepped back a bit on the latter.

On the other hand, we really don't see him much on the forums compared to the other developers and that does make him seem like more of a distant person, in regards to the game, though expecting people to post on the forum is kind of longshot to begin with, this not being anyone's full time job and all. Arguably one of the reasons mage is so popular is that Dave had gone to such lengths to talk about it, including talking about things that aren't in books and might never be in books. At the very least, when taking part of the forums, it gives developers a clear picture of 'what readers want' in terms of content and 'what readers need' in terms of rules and clarity. For instance, if the last Dark Eras Kickstarter has shown us anything, it's that people really glom on to mentions of events that happened in a gamelines past, like with the mages of Nassau. While looking at the forum you can see a lot of questions about 'end game' werewolves, and more explanation for rules regarding Influence.

And not being a part of things we don't really hear when something is coming down the line.

As a fan, not getting a nice influx of new books, or even one announced at something like GenCon is a major bummer. But I don't think they'd give up the line. It sells well, people respond to it, people like it just as much as any other Chronicles game.

Comment

Working...
                              X