Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon

Not sure when it's coming, but as per GenCon, we are getting a Night Horrors book on Ghost Wolves, The Pure, and Bale Wolves.

Discuss.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Aside from sample antagonists, I wonder what else it contains (rules updates for pure gifts and Bale Hounds are probably included.

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Originally posted by The young man in the cafe View Post
      Aside from sample antagonists, I wonder what else it contains (rules updates for pure gifts and Bale Hounds are probably included.
      I wouldn't be surprised if the rules for creating the Pure from DEC got reprinted. Ghost Wolf specific gifts would be pretty cool.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

This poor, maligned, abandoned gameline! Those evil devs starving it of content!

I kid, I kid. Very surprised and excited to see Ghost Wolves rolled up in this; I've always liked them more than the Tribes.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Yay! If it's got rules for them all, the way that the strix and Dampier and such were covered in the vampire night horrors book, this is perfect. Not only is it good to see updates, but Bale Hounds and the Pure being in one book makes it so convenient. On top of that, the only werewolves in my game are ghost wolves and ivory claws.

Comment

So, it's just the black shee--er, black wolves then? Cool, it's good to get those bases covered. I'd like to see a Predators update too, or a Shadow deep-dive, but I suppose a book a year is all I can afford to keep up with...

LFP: American Carnage (Werewolf: the Forsaken)

Comment

I know Blood Talons are going to be looking forward to it!

Comment

I'd love to see spirits covered with a book someday, but they're considerably easier to update than Hosts and these moon shunned (in fact, just having one word to describe the whole lot is already a nice organic step forward). Spirit numina may need some updates, but that's far less of an undertaking than moon shunned.

Comment

Pure and Bale Hounds in a single book, also covering Ghost Wolves? Very nice.

Comment

Secrets of the Tribes will also be a thing.

Comment

Finally some good news. Really nice to hear this.

Apparently our developer bowed out a while back.
                      Last edited by nofather; 08-18-2017, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Oh, he did? I figured it was a huge workload with two gamelines and the Apocalypse having like 20+ books or something coming along. Any idea who the new person is?

Comment

No word on a new developer. That'd be nice, especially since nothing seems to go forward without one.

Apparently doing two gamelines was a part of it but also his real job had a lot more duties to it.
                          Last edited by nofather; 08-18-2017, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                            Finally some good news. Really nice to hear this.

Apparently our developer bowed out a while back.
                            Called it.

Comment

I'm not sure how I feel about getting a Night Horrors book that's focused, primarily, on other werewolves, but the Pure and Bale Hounds need some love. The update to the Pure in Forsaken By Rome was very nice, but it doesn't give them any new Shadow Gifts or Wolf Gifts, which would have been interesting to see. Also, if we get Bale Hounds updated, we might get to see what an Infernal/Lower Depths Ephemeral Being looks like, even if it's just a template the way Abyssal Being is now.

EDIT: And if Secrets of the Tribes is going to be a thing, maybe we'd get some neat updates or looks on their favoured prey and their preferred strategies of engaging in Siskur-Dah.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

Working...
                              X