• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
    Couldn’t they just hunt hunters
    Separate gameline.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Lol haveing a bunch of werewolf’s horribly murdering ash town Abbyist doing really bad shit never gets old

Comment

• Any hints on what the Geryo are?

Comment

• Originally posted by Monghani View Post
          Any hints on what the Geryo are?
          Not much i'm afraid,only that they are tied to Beast:The Primordial and the Contagion Chronicle

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
            Not much i'm afraid,only that they are tied to Beast:The Primordial and the Contagion Chronicle
            Also, that they are not tasty Mediterranean sandwiches. There has been some confusion.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Also, that they are not tasty Mediterranean sandwiches. There has been some confusion.
              A surprising amount, honestly.

Not that that's a bad thing.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
              Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• I'm really curious about the Geryo, specially I'd love to know if they have some relationship with the mythic three-headed giant Geryon (I suppose they do have it, because of their Beast relationship).

Geryon was a mythical king of Tartessos, in current Spain, so I've used him as a prevalent theme in my Spain settings, as an element of crossover. There are different factions of each supernatural devoted to Geryon; a vampire Bloodline, a werewolf Lodge, a mage left-handed Legacy, each one with their one myths about what Geryon really is and what happened to him in the past (most accounts talk about a supernatural war, but they are contradictory and are more based on myth than in real facts). It's not an unified faction with members of all supernatural creatures, but different factions, independent but related, all of them worshipping Geryon.

The werewolf Bale Hound Lodge, Get of Geryo, identifies each of his three heads is a Maeljinn (Mammon, Carnaala and Baalphegor), although there's internal debate about if that's just a metaphor (the Lodge worshippes each of those Maeljinn) of if its literal (Geryo is something very higher than a simple Maeljinn).

I'm really curious if I can link the Geryos to them.

LAND OF THE DAMNED: SPAIN (Spanish): Land of the Damned: Spain, Kingdoms of Blood: Spain; Cities of the Damned: Barcelona, Valencia, Carthian Constitution (1812), Three Arrows Pact:

OTHERS (Spanish): Demon: The Redemption, Bloodlines: The Forgotten

Comment

• Originally posted by Uxas View Post
                  The werewolf Bale Hound Lodge, Get of Geryo, identifies each of his three heads is a Maeljinn (Mammon, Carnaala and Baalphegor), although there's internal debate about if that's just a metaphor (the Lodge worshippes each of those Maeljinn) of if its literal (Geryo is something very higher than a simple Maeljinn).
                  The Selfish Three, right? Nice to see I'm not the only one who took that plot hook and ran with it.

I'm really curious if I can link the Geryos to them.
                  The wait is draining. I'm hoping we get a peek or something, they seem to be putting out a lot since GenCon ended.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post

The Selfish Three, right? Nice to see I'm not the only one who took that plot hook and ran with it.
                    Exactly. We found it a very interesting idea, so we developed it in the book.

LAND OF THE DAMNED: SPAIN (Spanish): Land of the Damned: Spain, Kingdoms of Blood: Spain; Cities of the Damned: Barcelona, Valencia, Carthian Constitution (1812), Three Arrows Pact:

OTHERS (Spanish): Demon: The Redemption, Bloodlines: The Forgotten

Comment

• Huh.

The now-extinct Greater Ministry of Seers that Panopticon replaced worshipped the Nemesis, Exarch of Spirit and symbol of being oppressed by hidden forces. They sponsored secret societies that terrorised human communities anonymously - the Klan, for exanple, would be up their alley.

Angrboda, the Scelestus signiature character, fell from the Pentacle when he went Abyssal to exterminate their last Pylon in the 90s.

They're getting a writeup in the Pirate Dark Era, as the Caribbean at the tine is rife with their interests.

They were named in Angrboda's backstory, and have been a veeeeeery minor part of Mage's setting all along.

They're the Geryon Ministry.

Dave Brookshaw, freelance writer and Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
                        Huh.

The now-extinct Greater Ministry of Seers that Panopticon replaced worshipped the Nemesis, Exarch of Spirit and symbol of being oppressed by hidden forces. They sponsored secret societies that terrorised human communities anonymously - the Klan, for exanple, would be up their alley.

Angrboda, the Scelestus signiature character, fell from the Pentacle when he went Abyssal to exterminate their last Pylon in the 90s.

They're getting a writeup in the Pirate Dark Era, as the Caribbean at the tine is rife with their interests.

They were named in Angrboda's backstory, and have been a veeeeeery minor part of Mage's setting all along.

... Now this is a pleasant surprise. (Or not so pleasant, for those who dislike crossover)

Is it safe for us to assume that the Geryo are their descendants or even forebearers, and part of the Exarch cults by other supernaturals?

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post

... Now this is a pleasant surprise. (Or not so pleasant, for those who dislike crossover)

Is it safe for us to assume that the Geryo are their descendants or even forebearers, and part of the Exarch cults by other supernaturals?
                          The Geryo of Shunned are not inherently that, no.

However, Mage has some cool antagonists that are slaves, servitors, or general associates of some of the Ministries, like the hive souls and Grigori. Dave would obviously be the person best positioned to say yay or nay on this, but I could certainly imagine the Seers who follow the Nemesis engaging in Bad Idea Bear schemes that involve Geryo.

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer: Forsaken & Awakening 2nd Edition / The Pack / Dark Eras 1 & 2 / The Contagion Chronicle / Idigam Anthology / Night Horrors: Nameless & Accursed and Shunned by the Moon / Trinity Aeon / Aeon Aexpansion / And more besides...

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post

The Geryo of Shunned are not inherently that, no.

However, Mage has some cool antagonists that are slaves, servitors, or general associates of some of the Ministries, like the hive souls and Grigori. Dave would obviously be the person best positioned to say yay or nay on this, but I could certainly imagine the Seers who follow the Nemesis engaging in Bad Idea Bear schemes that involve Geryo.
                            Even better, then. I really like how the Shadow depicted in 2E has a lot of weird things that technically can be explained away by “it’s the spirits and the Shadow,” but nonetheless remain strange and unquantifiable even OOC. Of course, that’d somewhat depend on what the Geryo are after all...

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Cool- I was sure that they were some minor Ministry. Discovering that they were in fact an ancient grant Ministry of the then Archigenitor (I assume), and not only that, but the Nemesis's (which I really like. I mean, my fourth favorite Exarch, after the Ruin, the Prophet and the Gate), is something really awesome, IMO.

As for the subject, I can't say I am surprised that there is no direct link between the Geryo and the Ministry of Geryon- but they were the "Ministry of Spirit" the Geryo are a part of the Shadow ecosystem (I assume, as they are Werewolf antagonists, so they probably have a certain amount of interaction with it), I think it could be cool to see Nemesis aligned pylons working with/ trying to manipulate the Geryo in some crossover game or something.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Was he a PC or are signature characters made without play? I know he's one who's popped up since the first core's fiction and think some of the settings have evolved from people's games.

Comment

Working...
                                X