Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

I can’t quite tell if your tone is playing straight or sarcastic, but there’s more for the Pure in here than just Gifts and merits.
    oh sorry, don't get me wrong ! I'm just out for spoilers because hype is killing me I'm actually REALLY enthusiastic. I know there will be much more but I was talking only about rules
    Last edited by Helur; 09-03-2018, 06:05 AM.

-'' When the winds howl and the Storms rage, where will you run?''-

Comment

• Originally posted by Helur View Post

Don't take me wrong , I'm just out for spoilers because hype is killing me I'm actually REALLY enthusiastic. I know there will be much more but I was talking only about rules
      And we’re hyped to get the book to you all. Have we mentioned that Matthew (Dawkins) has brought both Acrozatarim and I onboard as associate developers for this book? It’s a labor of love for all of us, we want it to be the most useful book we can give you, and we want it to have so many Wow! moments when people read it.

Please ask away with any questions. We’ll tease and spoil what we can.

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it.
      WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams | CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon, Mummy: The Curse 2nd ed | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

• And because I know you folks love it, I’ll let slip that we haven’t had a chapter yet that Acrozatarim hasn’t said “I wonder if we can just add these new rules”, or “Let’s expand on that a bit more”. All we need to do is figure out what we can shave to squeeze in the word count. And there’s not exactly much fat in this book, it’s pretty much all lean muscle.

WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams | CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon, Mummy: The Curse 2nd ed | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

And we’re hyped to get the book to you all. Have we mentioned that Matthew (Dawkins) has brought both Acrozatarim and I onboard as associate developers for this book? It’s a labor of love for all of us, we want it to be the most useful book we can give you, and we want it to have so many Wow! moments when people read it.

Could you tell me about the fallen pure totem?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post

Could you tell me about the fallen pure totem?
            A Predator King totem who fell victim to very human-like affliction through her predation. In my opinion she’s an example of the best kind of antagonist - not something that has to be fought with violence, she’s possibly redeemable but it will take effort.

Comment

A Predator King totem who fell victim to very human-like affliction through her predation. In my opinion she’s an example of the best kind of antagonist - not something that has to be fought with violence, she’s possibly redeemable but it will take effort.
              Will this book have new rules for spirits? New powers,maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post

Will this book have new rules for spirits? New powers,maybe?
                So there won't be a list of new Numina overall, but you'll see some new powers and Numina bolted onto specific entries.

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer: Forsaken & Awakening 2nd Edition / The Pack / Dark Eras 1 & 2 / The Contagion Chronicle / Idigam Anthology / Night Horrors: Nameless & Accursed and Shunned by the Moon / Trinity Aeon / Aeon Aexpansion / And more besides...

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post

So there won't be a list of new Numina overall, but you'll see some new powers and Numina bolted onto specific entries.
                  Yaaaaay. Thank you Chris and bunyip

Comment

First off, I think you're great team, best of the best, and that's why I'm really excited: werewolf was my first nwod/now cof game, and the first game that allowed me to discover the world of darkness. The thing that you're all working on this book ( and the fact that I will work on some arts from what Mike told me) makes me really happy.
                    About the questions, well, I have a lot of questions, so I'll try to be summary.
                    I really love the pure. I mean, really. From the first edition, I think that they are one , or maybe the, best antagonist of werewolf and generally , of the chronicles of darkness. Me and my troupe love them so much that.. from a couple of months ago, we love them even more than the forsaken sometimes.
                    Don't get me wrong. We are aware of the message of the game and the fact that the forsaken are the perfect and main antagonist, but as the books said: don't say no.
                    So we tried to play as the pure for a couple of times for a lot of reason.
                    Playing them, make us think about social and philosophical questions, about umanity, society and modern life style, in a game where there is no hero or villain ( at least in our chronicles).
                    I see in them more than a bunch of savage werewolves who wants to dominate the forsaken. I see a great metaphor for a lot of things: religion, modern tribalism, physical culture, politics and so on.
                    One of the best thing I remember from the the 1st edition The Pure, was the deep religious view for every tribe, from their version of the story to the modern targets.

So let's go with questions.

1 the pure gifts will be an update with facet from the old fervor, savagery , agony etc. Or something totally new ? If yes , any spoiler ? Will those new gift lists replace one of the gift list suggested by Dark eras ? I was really disappointed with some of the old Savagery gifts. The list was kinda weak and not exactly what you expect from the scary Ninna Farakh.

2 it's difficult to understand hosts or idigam, but the pure are werewolves like the players. So it's more difficult for them to understand who is the prey and the predator when they face the Anshega. The impression from the core book is that the pure are preys and the forsaken are the true badasses. We will see the same thing but switched from pure to forsaken putting even more emphasis in the'' who is the predator/prey ''thing between them ?

3 - The ivory claws will be all about wealth and influence or we will get some more savage character Concepts? What about the predator kings? Their message from the books is really intense: surrender to the predator withing, become it, or die. I love them , because they are what in the CoD makes you afraid of the woods in a deeper way. I see them as a nightmare out from the most ancestral genetic memory of humanity, but yet able to impress the forsaken, not a savage monsters, but as hunters ready to do everything to scare the hell out of civilization.
                    Detroit was amazing from the core book so I suppose they will be more cunning hunters ready to play tricks and break their tribal oath even more than the first edition( if they are so brave to control Detroit. ..)

4 - There will be some hunting grounds suggested to play a game focused on forsaken vs pure or something like it?

-'' When the winds howl and the Storms rage, where will you run?''-

Comment

Damn, you and Acrozatarim are the two I associate the most with Forsaken 2nd Edition, so that's great news. Now it will be even thougher to handle the hype for this book.

So...any Shartha tease you can share?

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

• Originally posted by Helur View Post

1 the pure gifts will be an update with facet from the old fervor, savagery , agony etc. Or something totally new ? If yes , any spoiler ? Will those new gift lists replace one of the gift list suggested by Dark eras ? I was really disappointed with some of the old Savagery gifts. The list was kinda weak and not exactly what you expect from the scary Ninna Farakh.
                        The five Gifts in Shunned are Agony, Blood, Disease, Fervor, and Hunger. Agony and Blood are affinity Gifts for the Ivory Claws, Disease and Fervor for the Fire-Touched, and Hunger for the Predator Kings. They also each have enough affinity Gifts from the core set as to have four each. Hunger should make the Predator Kings a fair bit scarier; with Strength, Nature, and Rage, they already have heavyweight combat capabilities and their old associations with the wilderness covered, but Hunger's tricks expand out their theme and tone and gives them some vicious tricks. Combined with the new Merits, there's more options now for how to present Predator Kings; and the sample Predator King Pure character offers a different take on how to bring them into an urban-focused game.

As a side-note, the Pure aren't the only werewolves in the book with affinities towards some of the new Gifts...

2 it's difficult to understand hosts or idigam, but the pure are werewolves like the players. So it's more difficult for them to understand who is the prey and the predator when they face the Anshega. The impression from the core book is that the pure are preys and the forsaken are the true badasses. We will see the same thing but switched from pure to forsaken putting even more emphasis in the'' who is the predator/prey ''thing between them ?
                        The sample Pure characters are presented as serious threats or dangers; they're prey in the same way that *any* threat is prey to the Forsaken, but they are very certainly also predators.

3 - The ivory claws will be all about wealth and influence or we will get some more savage character Concepts? What about the predator kings? Their message from the books is really intense: surrender to the predator withing, become it, or die. I love them , because they are what in the CoD makes you afraid of the woods in a deeper way. I see them as a nightmare out from the most ancestral genetic memory of humanity, but yet able to impress the forsaken, not a savage monsters, but as hunters ready to do everything to scare the hell out of civilization.
                        Detroit was amazing from the core book so I suppose they will be more cunning hunters ready to play tricks and break their tribal oath even more than the first edition( if they are so brave to control Detroit. ..)
                        The Ivory Claws have a lot of wealth and influence under their belts, but the new mechanics make them terrifying as individuals; the Ivory Claw merits are about perfecting the werewolf state, and the Agony and Blood Gifts give them both unpleasant influence over others and make them exceedingly resilient. As for the Predator Kings, we're building on the notion of a link between the wild savagery they wish to return to the world, and lost Pangaea, their Merits accessing witchcraft around replicating the laws and power of that ancient domain in their own hunts; furthermore, with Hunger, we're giving them more of a drive and a proactive element to their depiction. To a certain extent, this is inferred; we have a *lot* of stuff to pack in to the book, and only limited space!

4 - There will be some hunting grounds suggested to play a game focused on forsaken vs pure or something like it?
                        No new Hunting Grounds in Shunned, but several of the existing ones already focus on such conflicts.

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer: Forsaken & Awakening 2nd Edition / The Pack / Dark Eras 1 & 2 / The Contagion Chronicle / Idigam Anthology / Night Horrors: Nameless & Accursed and Shunned by the Moon / Trinity Aeon / Aeon Aexpansion / And more besides...

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinder View Post

So...any Shartha tease you can share?
                          For now, I'll just say ukusgualu, for those who have been waiting

Comment

• So two more questions which are kind of a longshot-

1) are all the Shartha in the book originate from dead pangaeans, or are there going to be some who have more.. exotic origin? (like how the Locust Host come from an idigam, assuming that this isn't going to be revised somehow)

2) and that one is extremely a longshot- is there anything about the legendary Eater of Names in the book?

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                              So two more questions which are kind of a longshot-

1) are all the Shartha in the book originate from dead pangaeans, or are there going to be some who have more.. exotic origin? (like how the Locust Host come from an idigam, assuming that this isn't going to be revised somehow)
                              *shakes 8-ball* Looks like... 'Unclear' Some of the Host characters in Shunned by the Moon have beliefs about their origins, some are just driven by their instinctive drives.

2) and that one is extremely a longshot- is there anything about the legendary Eater of Names in the book?
                              There is. It's referenced in the new Gift of Hunger, and by inference in the Ghost Wolf Devourers entry, to my recollection. Might be more references elsewhere too!

Comment

• Beside Pure, Geyro, Hosts, Bale Hounds and Ghost Wolves - What other antagonists we can See in Shunned by Moon book?

Bonus question - Why title Shunned by Moon in first place?

LGBT+ in CoD games
                                Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
                                Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
                                Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
                                My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

Working...
                                X